Market Participants Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- JP Morgan accused of breaching money-laundering regulations
22nd December 2017 - Swiss branch involved in fraud scandal around 1Malaysia Development Berhad
- Reuters loses bid to publish confidential information about hedge fund Brevan Howard
17th July 2017 -
- Bloomberg Tradebook shuts down matching in US Equities
6th September 2016 - 0.4% market share amongst ATS not significant enough?
- Capturing the reaction to insider purchases
2nd June 2016 - Visibility into insider trading (or director dealing) is important to market participants. Studies have consistently shown insiders' trades are informed and followed by significant abnormal returns. Consequently, market participants race to follow insiders who make unexpected moves.
- Federal Republic of Germany becomes new clearing member of EurexOTC Clear
7th September 2015 - Active participation in Eurex Clearing's service for interest rate swaps planned to start in Q4/2015.
- Market welcomes major legal blow to FTT
11th September 2013 - An EU legal opinion that challenged the basis for a cross-border transaction tax has been welcomed by the market.
- CFTC looks to industry for feedback on possible automated trading safeguards
9th September 2013 - The CFTC published what is known as a concept release on possible ways to address risks from automated trading.
- Singapore's UOB uses FlexTrade systems for global FX trading
3rd September 2013 - The Singapore bank said Asian investors are showing increased appetite for electronic trading in the region.
- Of pits and puts: the case for options algos
15th August 2013 - Eva Szalay examines prospects for execution algos in the complex, liquidity-strapped options world.
- RTS launches Chinese language web-site, continues China/HK expansion
24th June 2013 - RTS Chinese language web-site goes live, continues growth with recent expansion of Shanghai and Hong Kong offices, plans to move data centre to HKEx
- Otkritie goes live with Calypso Technology
25th April 2013 - Otkritie Capital rolls out Calypso in front and back office for Repo and Securities Lending and Borrowing trading
- Barclays launches electronic trade advertisements for EMEA securities on Bloomberg
12th March 2013 - Clients now able to view Barclays' cash and electronic trade flow for EMEA equities broken out on Bloomberg's IOIA and RANK screens
- Cross River Fiber expands NJ fiber optic footprint
21st February 2013 - Cross River Fiber's latest network completion offers direct connectivity to key financial exchanges and strategic data centers throughout the New Jersey Metro Area
- Kyte Group goes live with AlgoSpan's AlgoNet platform
28th January 2013 - Kyte Group to access AlgoSpan low latency infrastructure and exchange network
- Corvil expands client portfolio into Middle East
22nd January 2013 - ADS Securities securities selects Corvil to monitor new FX platform
- Squawker and SIX Financial Information form partnership
21st January 2013 - SIX to supply Squawker with real-time, European market data via Market Data Feed, enabling block trades at consolidated mid-price and consolidated VWAP
- Cloud formations - MarketPrizm's tech chief scans the horizons for different ways of doing business
14th January 2013 - Jacob Lindeman became chief technology officer for data and connectivity group MarketPrizm as part of its acquisition by Colt in 2011. He talks about a down-to-earth, business-like mind set for solving problems. But as Automated Trader's Adam Cox learns, his head is also in the clouds.
- Clearstream and 360T to launch triparty repo service
9th January 2013 - Clearstream and 360T cooperate to launch triparty repo service for corporate and institutional clients
- Regulatory ruminations: what will be the impact on market infrastructure in a year's time?
21st November 2012 - What impact will the regulatory freight train have? Consolidation of industry players, even slower market activity, the fruits of interoperability… These are some of the predictions made at one recent conference on what we'll see a year from now.