Fintech Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- FIA launches third annual Innovators Pavilion
23rd June 2017 - FIA has launched the third annual Innovators Pavilion; a showcase for fintech startups that are offering forward-thinking solutions for the global derivatives markets.
- Japan and Australia co-operate on Fintech
23rd June 2017 - The Japan Financial Services Agency (JFSA) and Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) complete framework to promote innovation in financial services in Japan and Australia.
- Former Traiana founder Roy Saadon launches Access Fintech
22nd June 2017 - Former Traiana founder Roy Saadon has launched Access Fintech, a risk management service for banks and buyside firms.
- SWIFT offers 200,000 EUR for FinTech community to leverage gpi platform
21st June 2017 - SWIFT invites FinTech companies to develop new overlay services that leverage its SWIFT global payments innovation (gpi) platform.
- BlackRock takes minority equity stake in robo-adviser Scalable Capital
20th June 2017 - BlackRock to take a minority equity stake in digital investment manager Scalable Capital.
- ayondo launches Bitcoin trading
19th June 2017 - ayondo adds digital currency to its Social Trading offering. Bitcoin trading is now available to all investors on TradeHub.
- Misys and D+H combine to create Finastra
15th June 2017 - Misys and D+H join forces to create the world's third largest Fintech company.
- Startupbootcamp to host Asia's first Demo Tour
14th June 2017 - Four Separate Demo Days in Singapore, China, Hong Kong and Tokyo to provide startups with exposure to investors and partners.
- Hong Kong and Australia agree fintech cooperation
13th June 2017 - The Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission and ASIC sign a Co-operation Agreement to support and understand financial innovation in each economy.
- NEX Group appoints Samantha Wren as CFO
31st May 2017 - NEX Group announces new Group Chief Financial Officer and appointment of Global Chief Operating Officer to the Board.
- Saxo Bank releases new developer portal for Open API
23rd May 2017 - Saxo Bank releases new developer portal to strengthen its Open Banking initiatives.
- FIG launches A.I. FX platform and Compcoin digital token
19th May 2017 - Fintech Investment Group launches with A.I. forex trading platform and Compcoin digital tokens ahead of Initial Coin Offering - firm aims to raise up to $30 million for development of additional investment tools.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 blockchain consortium
19th May 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 consortium on distributed ledger technology.
- CFTC launches FinTech initiative-LabCFTC
18th May 2017 - The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) approves the creation of LabCFTC, a new initiative aimed at promoting responsible FinTech innovation.
- Blockchain-based platform Humaniq joins Barclays' TechStars ThinkRise Accelerator
15th May 2017 -
- FCA and Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission sign FinTech agreement
12th May 2017 - UK's Financial Conduct Authority and Hong Kong's Securities and Futures Commission sign FinTech co-operation agreement
- Ten startups selected for FIS/VC FinTech Accelerator
12th May 2017 - Second year of the VC FinTech Accelerator program draws nearly 300 applicants from 40 countries.
- Deutsche Boerse expands offering for start-ups
11th May 2017 - Venture Network to welcome early stage start-ups - International expansion remains a focal point - Investor events and training opportunities to be expanded.
- Thomson Reuters offers greater open desktop interoperability on Eikon
4th May 2017 - Side by Side Integration streamlines workflow by enabling users' own apps to interoperate with Eikon.
- AMF creates FinTech lab, partners with R3
28th April 2017 - Autorité des Marchés Financiers creates FinTech lab and signs partnership with R3.
- Infosys launches Integrated Artificial Intelligence Platform
27th April 2017 - Infosys launches AI platform - Infosys Nia.
- Broadridge appoints Global Chief Marketing Officer
27th April 2017 - Deborah A. Bussière to lead development of marketing strategies as Broadridge celebrates ten-year anniversary.
- Redline appoints Patrick Lau as Director of EMEA Sales London
24th April 2017 - Patrick Lau assumes leadership of EMEA sales at Redline Trading Solutions.
- European Commission announces Blockchain Observatory plans
24th April 2017 - The European Parliament has mandated the European Commission to implement a pilot project to build up technical expertise and regulatory capacity with regard to FinTech and Blockchain technologies.
- Australia and Indonesia regulators sign FinTech agreement
21st April 2017 - ASIC signs FinTech cooperation agreement with OJK to promote innovation in financial services.
- Nasdaq launches FinTech investment program
20th April 2017 - Dedicated unit, Nasdaq Ventures, to focus on FinTech investment and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Accenture invites applicants for APAC FinTech Innovation Lab
19th April 2017 - Accenture and financial institutions call for applicants for the Asia-Pacific FinTech Innovation Lab 2017.
- Nomura launches FinTech partnership in India
19th April 2017 - Nomura collaborates with PwC, Google, IBM and Amazon Internet Services to create Voyager - Nomura FinTech Partnership.
- Algomi & OpenFin bring open stack tech to fixed income markets
18th April 2017 - Move to HTML5 allows Algomi to rapidly deploy software and roll out updates in response to client needs and changing market conditions.
- MUFG joins Ripple's Global Payments Steering Group
3rd April 2017 - MUFG's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi is the first Japanese bank to join GPSG.