Fintech Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Amazon Web Services and Nasdaq to sponsor FIA Innovators Pavilion
18th August 2017 -
- JHC launches cloud based digital risk tool
14th August 2017 -
- FIA: Last call for fintech startups!
10th August 2017 - FIA seeks innovators for Expo 2017
- ADGM and Swiss Finance + Technology Association enter fintech agreement
7th August 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market and Swiss Finance + Technology Association join forces to advance FinTech activities and Global Ecosystem
- ADGM and KPMG launch 'FinTech Abu Dhabi Innovation Challenge'
7th August 2017 - Mature start-ups invited to demonstrate solutions to real business challenges
- ayondo doubles additional customer insurance protection to up to GBP 1m per client
24th July 2017 - Additional insurance level now above the standard FSCS of GBP 50,000.
- Finstar to invest USD 150 million in Fintech
20th July 2017 - Finstar Financial Group to invest $150 million into fintech start-ups over the next five years.
- Thomson Reuters launches startup incubator
5th July 2017 - Thomson Reuters has announced the launch of Thomson Reuters Labs - The Incubator.
- ayondo launches in Spain
4th July 2017 - Financial technology group ayondo opens offices in Barcelona and Madrid.
- HK FinTech Association launches
28th June 2017 - FinTech Association of Hong Kong announces official launch.
- BlackRock to acquire fintech firm Cachematrix
28th June 2017 - Purchase of financial technology firm to enhance BlackRock's risk and cash management capabilities.
- Hogan Lovells launches fintech knowledge platform
27th June 2017 - Hogan Lovells Engages in LawTech with platform launch.
- ThinkMarkets offers live FX trading via Trade Interceptor app
26th June 2017 - Fintech mobile-app Trade Interceptor launches low-latency live-market trading.
- TP ICAP invests in new fintech start-up LiquidityChain
26th June 2017 - TP ICAP has invested in FinTech start-up LiquidityChain, a new web-based application which has been created to unlock liquidity in the global credit markets.
- Nomura conducts PoC for AI investment decision making
26th June 2017 - Nomura Asset Management and Nomura Research Institute conduct proof of concept for applying AI in the asset management industry.
- Earthport chooses Accuity to power payments platform
26th June 2017 - Earthport chooses Accuity for tailored payments and compliance solution.
- FIA launches third annual Innovators Pavilion
23rd June 2017 - FIA has launched the third annual Innovators Pavilion; a showcase for fintech startups that are offering forward-thinking solutions for the global derivatives markets.
- Japan and Australia co-operate on Fintech
23rd June 2017 - The Japan Financial Services Agency (JFSA) and Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) complete framework to promote innovation in financial services in Japan and Australia.
- Former Traiana founder Roy Saadon launches Access Fintech
22nd June 2017 - Former Traiana founder Roy Saadon has launched Access Fintech, a risk management service for banks and buyside firms.
- SWIFT offers 200,000 EUR for FinTech community to leverage gpi platform
21st June 2017 - SWIFT invites FinTech companies to develop new overlay services that leverage its SWIFT global payments innovation (gpi) platform.
- BlackRock takes minority equity stake in robo-adviser Scalable Capital
20th June 2017 - BlackRock to take a minority equity stake in digital investment manager Scalable Capital.
- ayondo launches Bitcoin trading
19th June 2017 - ayondo adds digital currency to its Social Trading offering. Bitcoin trading is now available to all investors on TradeHub.
- Misys and D+H combine to create Finastra
15th June 2017 - Misys and D+H join forces to create the world's third largest Fintech company.
- Startupbootcamp to host Asia's first Demo Tour
14th June 2017 - Four Separate Demo Days in Singapore, China, Hong Kong and Tokyo to provide startups with exposure to investors and partners.
- Hong Kong and Australia agree fintech cooperation
13th June 2017 - The Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission and ASIC sign a Co-operation Agreement to support and understand financial innovation in each economy.
- NEX Group appoints Samantha Wren as CFO
31st May 2017 - NEX Group announces new Group Chief Financial Officer and appointment of Global Chief Operating Officer to the Board.
- Saxo Bank releases new developer portal for Open API
23rd May 2017 - Saxo Bank releases new developer portal to strengthen its Open Banking initiatives.
- FIG launches A.I. FX platform and Compcoin digital token
19th May 2017 - Fintech Investment Group launches with A.I. forex trading platform and Compcoin digital tokens ahead of Initial Coin Offering - firm aims to raise up to $30 million for development of additional investment tools.
- Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 blockchain consortium
19th May 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 consortium on distributed ledger technology.
- CFTC launches FinTech initiative-LabCFTC
18th May 2017 - The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) approves the creation of LabCFTC, a new initiative aimed at promoting responsible FinTech innovation.