Fintech Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Fintech Innovation Lab London announces 20 startups
16th January 2017 - Accenture's Fintech Innovation Lab London kicks off largest programme in its five-year history.
- London and Belgium build FinTech bridge
12th January 2017 - Innovate Finance and Belgian delegation in London to launch collaborative FinTech platform B-Hive, and to build FinTech bridges.
- Dubai International Financial Centre launches 'FinTech Hive'
11th January 2017 - Dubai International Financial Centre and Accenture have announced the region's first FinTech accelerator in Dubai.
- FactSet launches Global FinTech Index
11th January 2017 - FactSet Global FinTech Index provides a benchmark to track the performance of companies engaged in financial technologies.
- Origin launches electronic platform for private placement bond market
9th January 2017 - Origin partners wiith BNP Paribas, BAML, SocGen, Credit Suisse and others to launch electronic platform for €300bn private placement bond market.
- Dash and LiquidPoint merge to create Dash Financial Technologies
4th January 2017 - Dash and Convergex sign agreement to merge Dash and Convergex's Options Trading and Technology business, LiquidPoint. New independent entity to be backed by GTCR.
- Euroclear Bankchain completes first market pilot for blockchain gold settlement
19th December 2016 - Pilot participants included Scotiabank, Société Générale, Citi, MKS PAMP Group and INTL FCStone.
- Duco expands into payments space with Currencycloud agreement
15th December 2016 - Duco, the fintech provider of data control services, has announced a new agreement with Currencycloud, the international Payments Engines.
- Microsoft and AMIS announce Asia's first blockchain consortium
14th December 2016 - Pilot blockchain project developed on Microsoft Azure aims to accelerate Taiwan's fintech sector.
- Sapient Global Markets predictions for 2017
12th December 2016 - Sapient Global Markets predicts the top trends they feel will be making an impact in regulation and technology next year.
- Tullett Prebon Information, Quaternion and Columbia University form open source risk collaboration
8th December 2016 - Tullett Prebon Information and Quaternion collaborate with Columbia University's FinTech Lab to launch an open source risk project.
- FCA and HKMA collaborate on fintech
7th December 2016 - The UK's Financial Conduct Authority and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority enter a Co-operation Agreement to foster collaboration in promoting financial innovation.
- CME Group exec joins Chamber of Digital Commerce Board of Advisors
7th December 2016 - The Chamber of Digital Commerce appoints CME Ventures' Rumi Morales to its Board of Advisors.
- Saxo Bank and Phoenix Finance to form strategic partnership
6th December 2016 - Saxo Bank and fintech firm, Phoenix Finance, sign MOU to form a white label partnership. The integration process will start in Q1 2017.
- Naga Group and Deutsche Boerse form gaming venture - Switex
1st December 2016 - FinTech firm Naga Group and Deutsche Börse to launch first exchange for virtual gaming products.
- Deutsche Boerse acquires stake in FinTech company figo
24th November 2016 - Deutsche Börse acquires 'significant' minority stake in FinTech company figo.
- IBM blockchain helps FinTechs and banks address KYC challenge
17th November 2016 - Singapore FinTech Startup KYCK! to use IBM Blockchain and Bluemix to aid customer onboarding process in financial institutions.
- Capgemini announces global fintech initiative
16th November 2016 - Capgemini accelerates global fintech initiative to meet market demand for innovation.
- ayondo acquires Singapore fintech brand TradeHero
15th November 2016 - Acquisiton of TradeHero's stock market simulation app expands ayondo's footprint in Singapore ahead of planned SGX listing.
- Overstock demonstrates t0 blockchain-based securities trading platform
14th November 2016 -
- Nomura launches robo advisor in Japan
14th November 2016 - 'Nomura Goal-Based' robo advisor to promote shift from savings to asset accumulation.
- Citi launches API Developer Hub
11th November 2016 - Citi to enable open banking with API Developer Hub.
- R3 and MAS to launch Singapore blockchain centre
9th November 2016 - R3 partners with Monetary Authority of Singapore to launch Asia Blockchain Centre of Excellence.
- BNY Mellon opens eighth Innovation Center in Singapore
7th November 2016 - Singapore Innovation Center to create data-driven market solutions through collaboration with fintechs and clients in Asia with BNY Mellon's digital ecosystem, NEXEN.
- FCA's Project Innovate names successful sandbox firms
7th November 2016 - The Financial Conduct Authority selects 24 fintech companies to test their new financial products in its regulatory sandbox.
- SEB partners with US blockchain firm Ripple
7th November 2016 - SEB offers new payment solution with blockchain technology.
- Thomson Reuters fixed-income market data integrates with Overbond platform
4th November 2016 - Access to Thomson Reuters fixed income market data and market analytics within the Overbond platform optimizes price discovery for participants in the primary bond origination market.
- Avoka launches real-time analytics for financial institution acquisition
3rd November 2016 -
- ASIC and OSC sign agreement to support fintech companies
3rd November 2016 - Fintech companies in Australia and Ontario will be able to draw on support from the combined resources of their financial regulators as they seek to operate in the others' market, under a new agreement.
- Deutsche Bank opens its data store to external software developers
1st November 2016 - From 1 November, programmers will be able to test ideas for future services with simulated, but client-driven data.