Fintech Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- DTCC white paper unveils framework for assessing fintech's impact on financial stability
16th October 2017 - Fintech could materially change the risk landscape in the years to come in either positive or negative ways
- deVere launches investment app
4th October 2017 - deVere adds an investment app to its fintech proposition
- S3 launches BLACK APP 2.0 on the Bloomberg App Portal
28th September 2017 - S3 Partners' BLACK APP 2.0 provides the buy-side and sell-side with real-time short interest, authoritative securities finance rates and search capabilities into the traditionally opaque securities lending market
- Intercontinental Exchange launches NYSE FANG+TM Index
26th September 2017 - ICE Futures U.S. plans to launch a quarterly futures contract based on the NYSE FANG+ Index, subject to regulatory review
- Ripple opens Singapore office
26th September 2017 - Ripple supports Singapore's FinTech hub aspirations with new office
- FIA announces twenty FinTech startups chosen for Innovators Pavilion
22nd September 2017 - Twenty companies have been chosen to exhibit in the Innovators Pavilion at the 33rd Annual FIA Expo in Chicago October 17 - 19
- FCA and Hong Kong Insurance Authority announce FinTech agreement
22nd September 2017 - The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has entered into a co-operation agreement with the Hong Kong Insurance Authority (IA) to enhance collaboration in supporting Fintech innovation.
- ITG and OpTech to form Matrix Holding Group
22nd September 2017 - ITG has signed a definitive agreement with Option Technology Solutions (OpTech) to form Matrix Holding Group, a newly established derivatives execution and technology business.
- Japan and Abu Dhabi regulators complete FinTech framework
21st September 2017 - The Financial Services Agency of Japan and the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) have announced the completion of a framework for co-operation to promote innovation in financial services in Japan and ADGM
- Nomura establishes FinTech office in San Francisco
15th September 2017 -
- Securities Commission Malaysia establishes fintech bridges
14th September 2017 - Securities Commission Malaysia establishes fintech bridges with the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission, the Dubai Financial Services Authority, and the Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Saxo Bank joins Copenhagen Fintech
13th September 2017 - Saxo Bank sponsorship of Copenhagen Fintech Lab to connect and foster relationships with Fintech startups
- Fintech provider PrimeXM opens new London office
13th September 2017 - PrimeXM has set up a new office in the city of London as part of its strategy to expand its offering and to be closer to clients in the region
- Abu Dhabi Global Market and Let's Talk Payments form FinTech partnership
12th September 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market partners with US-based Let's Talk Payments to extend its FinTech ecosystem for the MENA region
- QuantHouse launches API store
11th September 2017 - QuantHouse introduces 'qh API Ecosystem' - an API store for quants to enable innovation and cross-selling opportunities between capital market participants
- Principal Global Investors selects Visible Alpha and ITG for equity research valuation and payment administration
7th September 2017 - Solution to help PGI create efficiencies across research process and meet MiFID II requirements
- Kx Systems joins the Industrial Internet Consortium
5th September 2017 - Kx Systems, provider of the kdb+ time series database, has joined the Industrial Internet Consortium
- ULLINK and LUZ to deliver joint buy-side solution
24th August 2017 - LUZ certifies its front to back software solution MITRA with ULLINK's technology
- Lawrence Wintermeyer steps down as CEO of Innovate Finance
23rd August 2017 - Charlotte Crosswell, former CEO of NASDAQ NLX, takes over as interim CEO of Innovate Finance
- Amazon Web Services and Nasdaq to sponsor FIA Innovators Pavilion
18th August 2017 -
- JHC launches cloud based digital risk tool
14th August 2017 -
- FIA: Last call for fintech startups!
10th August 2017 - FIA seeks innovators for Expo 2017
- ADGM and Swiss Finance + Technology Association enter fintech agreement
7th August 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market and Swiss Finance + Technology Association join forces to advance FinTech activities and Global Ecosystem
- ADGM and KPMG launch 'FinTech Abu Dhabi Innovation Challenge'
7th August 2017 - Mature start-ups invited to demonstrate solutions to real business challenges
- ayondo doubles additional customer insurance protection to up to GBP 1m per client
24th July 2017 - Additional insurance level now above the standard FSCS of GBP 50,000.
- Finstar to invest USD 150 million in Fintech
20th July 2017 - Finstar Financial Group to invest $150 million into fintech start-ups over the next five years.
- Thomson Reuters launches startup incubator
5th July 2017 - Thomson Reuters has announced the launch of Thomson Reuters Labs - The Incubator.
- ayondo launches in Spain
4th July 2017 - Financial technology group ayondo opens offices in Barcelona and Madrid.
- HK FinTech Association launches
28th June 2017 - FinTech Association of Hong Kong announces official launch.
- BlackRock to acquire fintech firm Cachematrix
28th June 2017 - Purchase of financial technology firm to enhance BlackRock's risk and cash management capabilities.