Fintech Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Synechron launches Artificial Intelligence solution
23rd March 2017 - 14 accelerator applications use AI techniques to address challenges such as fraud, margin call management and LCR calculations
- Innovate Finance announces Pitch360 finalists
23rd March 2017 - Innovate Finance unveils finalists for Pitch360 FinTech startup competition.
- Quantlab buys Teza high speed trading tech
22nd March 2017 - Quantlab Financial announces acquisition of certain technology and intellectual property assets from Teza Group.
- Deutsche Bank opens innovation lab in New York
22nd March 2017 - Deutsche Bank has opened an innovation lab in New York City, its fourth globally.
- Baymarkets launches Clarity platform for RegTech solution delivery
22nd March 2017 - First two solutions available - Clarity Limit: pre-trade limits & risk checking, and Clarity Hub: multiple CCP interface.
- MarketInvoice appoints Zopa's Giles Andrews as chair
20th March 2017 - Giles Andrews appointed as MarketInvoice chairman of the board of directors.
- Japan's Blockchain Collaborative Consortium membership reaches 109
15th March 2017 - New Financial Services Subcommittee to boost awareness of blockchain technology among financial institutions.
- New global FinTech group launched
14th March 2017 - The International Standards Organisation (ISO) launches The FinTech Technical Advisory Group (TAG) to drive data and technology standards.
- Flyer releases 'Freemium' version of its FIX Engine
14th March 2017 - Flyer releases commercial enterprise engine for free download to prototype financial apps.
- 'A year in FinTech' - Startupbootcamp and PwC report
13th March 2017 - UK FinTech market matures as focus turns to artificial intelligence and putting customers first: New Startupbootcamp and PwC report.
- Currencycloud secures 20 million GBP investment from GV
10th March 2017 - Currencycloud secures £20M ($25M) in funding from .@GVteam (formerly Google Ventures) and existing investors.
- Japan and UK regulators exchange FinTech co-operation letters
9th March 2017 - Financial Regulators of Japan and UK announce exchange of letters on co-operation framework to support innovative FinTech companies.
- MAS & Abu Dhabi Global Market in FinTech collaboration
8th March 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market and the Monetary Authority of Singapore collaborate to foster FinTech innovation and cross-border activities.
- Startupbootcamp launches FinTech program in Mexico
3rd March 2017 - Latin American expansion is a joint venture between Startupbootcamp and Finnovista backed by VISA, Fiinlab powered by Gentera, BanRegio, EY and White & Case.
- GreenKey appoints Nader Shwayhat as CEO
1st March 2017 - Veteran FinTech leader has track record of driving innovation, building businesses based on real-time communications, trading workflow.
- Thomson Reuters Labs opens in Singapore
21st February 2017 - Singapore data and innovation Lab will serve customers across Asia Pacific.
- Deutsche Boerse participates in 'Digital Growth Fund I'
20th February 2017 - Deutsche Börse Group invests in first German growth fund for B2B-software companies.
- OpenFin raises 15 million USD from J.P. Morgan and NEX Group
17th February 2017 - OpenFin financial desktop applications firm raises USD 15 Million, led by J.P. Morgan, Euclid Opportunities, Bain Capital Ventures and others.
- Euronext and AX Trading announce European block trading MTF
15th February 2017 - Europe's first 'proactive' liquidity seeking venue scheduled for launch in mid-2017.
- EquiChain announces blockchain platform for capital markets
13th February 2017 - Equichain announces its working distributed ledger technology-based solution.
- Swift announces Innotribe Startup Challenge for Russia & CIS countries
31st January 2017 - Innotribe Startup Challenge travels to Russia search of FinTech startups.
- ayondo launches global trading competition
24th January 2017 - Financial technology group ayondo has launched a global trading competition, due to officially start on 6th February 2017.
- Fintech Innovation Lab London announces 20 startups
16th January 2017 - Accenture's Fintech Innovation Lab London kicks off largest programme in its five-year history.
- London and Belgium build FinTech bridge
12th January 2017 - Innovate Finance and Belgian delegation in London to launch collaborative FinTech platform B-Hive, and to build FinTech bridges.
- Dubai International Financial Centre launches 'FinTech Hive'
11th January 2017 - Dubai International Financial Centre and Accenture have announced the region's first FinTech accelerator in Dubai.
- FactSet launches Global FinTech Index
11th January 2017 - FactSet Global FinTech Index provides a benchmark to track the performance of companies engaged in financial technologies.
- Origin launches electronic platform for private placement bond market
9th January 2017 - Origin partners wiith BNP Paribas, BAML, SocGen, Credit Suisse and others to launch electronic platform for €300bn private placement bond market.
- Dash and LiquidPoint merge to create Dash Financial Technologies
4th January 2017 - Dash and Convergex sign agreement to merge Dash and Convergex's Options Trading and Technology business, LiquidPoint. New independent entity to be backed by GTCR.
- Euroclear Bankchain completes first market pilot for blockchain gold settlement
19th December 2016 - Pilot participants included Scotiabank, Société Générale, Citi, MKS PAMP Group and INTL FCStone.
- Duco expands into payments space with Currencycloud agreement
15th December 2016 - Duco, the fintech provider of data control services, has announced a new agreement with Currencycloud, the international Payments Engines.