Fintech Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Redline appoints Patrick Lau as Director of EMEA Sales London
24th April 2017 - Patrick Lau assumes leadership of EMEA sales at Redline Trading Solutions.
- European Commission announces Blockchain Observatory plans
24th April 2017 - The European Parliament has mandated the European Commission to implement a pilot project to build up technical expertise and regulatory capacity with regard to FinTech and Blockchain technologies.
- Australia and Indonesia regulators sign FinTech agreement
21st April 2017 - ASIC signs FinTech cooperation agreement with OJK to promote innovation in financial services.
- Nasdaq launches FinTech investment program
20th April 2017 - Dedicated unit, Nasdaq Ventures, to focus on FinTech investment and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Accenture invites applicants for APAC FinTech Innovation Lab
19th April 2017 - Accenture and financial institutions call for applicants for the Asia-Pacific FinTech Innovation Lab 2017.
- Nomura launches FinTech partnership in India
19th April 2017 - Nomura collaborates with PwC, Google, IBM and Amazon Internet Services to create Voyager - Nomura FinTech Partnership.
- Algomi & OpenFin bring open stack tech to fixed income markets
18th April 2017 - Move to HTML5 allows Algomi to rapidly deploy software and roll out updates in response to client needs and changing market conditions.
- MUFG joins Ripple's Global Payments Steering Group
3rd April 2017 - MUFG's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi is the first Japanese bank to join GPSG.
- Thomson Reuters and Finatext develop new investment information service
30th March 2017 - Thomson Reuters delivers data service from FinTech Firm Finatext using social media analysis of listed stocks in Japan.
- BT opens fintech innovation showcase
27th March 2017 - BT opens new showcase for the financial industry to demonstrate how the latest digital innovations can create secure and engaging customer experiences.
- Synechron launches Artificial Intelligence solution
23rd March 2017 - 14 accelerator applications use AI techniques to address challenges such as fraud, margin call management and LCR calculations
- Innovate Finance announces Pitch360 finalists
23rd March 2017 - Innovate Finance unveils finalists for Pitch360 FinTech startup competition.
- Quantlab buys Teza high speed trading tech
22nd March 2017 - Quantlab Financial announces acquisition of certain technology and intellectual property assets from Teza Group.
- Deutsche Bank opens innovation lab in New York
22nd March 2017 - Deutsche Bank has opened an innovation lab in New York City, its fourth globally.
- Baymarkets launches Clarity platform for RegTech solution delivery
22nd March 2017 - First two solutions available - Clarity Limit: pre-trade limits & risk checking, and Clarity Hub: multiple CCP interface.
- MarketInvoice appoints Zopa's Giles Andrews as chair
20th March 2017 - Giles Andrews appointed as MarketInvoice chairman of the board of directors.
- Japan's Blockchain Collaborative Consortium membership reaches 109
15th March 2017 - New Financial Services Subcommittee to boost awareness of blockchain technology among financial institutions.
- New global FinTech group launched
14th March 2017 - The International Standards Organisation (ISO) launches The FinTech Technical Advisory Group (TAG) to drive data and technology standards.
- Flyer releases 'Freemium' version of its FIX Engine
14th March 2017 - Flyer releases commercial enterprise engine for free download to prototype financial apps.
- 'A year in FinTech' - Startupbootcamp and PwC report
13th March 2017 - UK FinTech market matures as focus turns to artificial intelligence and putting customers first: New Startupbootcamp and PwC report.
- Currencycloud secures 20 million GBP investment from GV
10th March 2017 - Currencycloud secures £20M ($25M) in funding from .@GVteam (formerly Google Ventures) and existing investors.
- Japan and UK regulators exchange FinTech co-operation letters
9th March 2017 - Financial Regulators of Japan and UK announce exchange of letters on co-operation framework to support innovative FinTech companies.
- MAS & Abu Dhabi Global Market in FinTech collaboration
8th March 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market and the Monetary Authority of Singapore collaborate to foster FinTech innovation and cross-border activities.
- Startupbootcamp launches FinTech program in Mexico
3rd March 2017 - Latin American expansion is a joint venture between Startupbootcamp and Finnovista backed by VISA, Fiinlab powered by Gentera, BanRegio, EY and White & Case.
- GreenKey appoints Nader Shwayhat as CEO
1st March 2017 - Veteran FinTech leader has track record of driving innovation, building businesses based on real-time communications, trading workflow.
- Thomson Reuters Labs opens in Singapore
21st February 2017 - Singapore data and innovation Lab will serve customers across Asia Pacific.
- Deutsche Boerse participates in 'Digital Growth Fund I'
20th February 2017 - Deutsche Börse Group invests in first German growth fund for B2B-software companies.
- OpenFin raises 15 million USD from J.P. Morgan and NEX Group
17th February 2017 - OpenFin financial desktop applications firm raises USD 15 Million, led by J.P. Morgan, Euclid Opportunities, Bain Capital Ventures and others.
- Euronext and AX Trading announce European block trading MTF
15th February 2017 - Europe's first 'proactive' liquidity seeking venue scheduled for launch in mid-2017.
- EquiChain announces blockchain platform for capital markets
13th February 2017 - Equichain announces its working distributed ledger technology-based solution.