Fintech Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Deutsche Boerse participates in 'Digital Growth Fund I'
20th February 2017 - Deutsche Börse Group invests in first German growth fund for B2B-software companies.
- OpenFin raises 15 million USD from J.P. Morgan and NEX Group
17th February 2017 - OpenFin financial desktop applications firm raises USD 15 Million, led by J.P. Morgan, Euclid Opportunities, Bain Capital Ventures and others.
- Euronext and AX Trading announce European block trading MTF
15th February 2017 - Europe's first 'proactive' liquidity seeking venue scheduled for launch in mid-2017.
- EquiChain announces blockchain platform for capital markets
13th February 2017 - Equichain announces its working distributed ledger technology-based solution.
- Swift announces Innotribe Startup Challenge for Russia & CIS countries
31st January 2017 - Innotribe Startup Challenge travels to Russia search of FinTech startups.
- ayondo launches global trading competition
24th January 2017 - Financial technology group ayondo has launched a global trading competition, due to officially start on 6th February 2017.
- Fintech Innovation Lab London announces 20 startups
16th January 2017 - Accenture's Fintech Innovation Lab London kicks off largest programme in its five-year history.
- London and Belgium build FinTech bridge
12th January 2017 - Innovate Finance and Belgian delegation in London to launch collaborative FinTech platform B-Hive, and to build FinTech bridges.
- Dubai International Financial Centre launches 'FinTech Hive'
11th January 2017 - Dubai International Financial Centre and Accenture have announced the region's first FinTech accelerator in Dubai.
- FactSet launches Global FinTech Index
11th January 2017 - FactSet Global FinTech Index provides a benchmark to track the performance of companies engaged in financial technologies.
- Origin launches electronic platform for private placement bond market
9th January 2017 - Origin partners wiith BNP Paribas, BAML, SocGen, Credit Suisse and others to launch electronic platform for €300bn private placement bond market.
- Dash and LiquidPoint merge to create Dash Financial Technologies
4th January 2017 - Dash and Convergex sign agreement to merge Dash and Convergex's Options Trading and Technology business, LiquidPoint. New independent entity to be backed by GTCR.
- Euroclear Bankchain completes first market pilot for blockchain gold settlement
19th December 2016 - Pilot participants included Scotiabank, Société Générale, Citi, MKS PAMP Group and INTL FCStone.
- Duco expands into payments space with Currencycloud agreement
15th December 2016 - Duco, the fintech provider of data control services, has announced a new agreement with Currencycloud, the international Payments Engines.
- Microsoft and AMIS announce Asia's first blockchain consortium
14th December 2016 - Pilot blockchain project developed on Microsoft Azure aims to accelerate Taiwan's fintech sector.
- Sapient Global Markets predictions for 2017
12th December 2016 - Sapient Global Markets predicts the top trends they feel will be making an impact in regulation and technology next year.
- Tullett Prebon Information, Quaternion and Columbia University form open source risk collaboration
8th December 2016 - Tullett Prebon Information and Quaternion collaborate with Columbia University's FinTech Lab to launch an open source risk project.
- FCA and HKMA collaborate on fintech
7th December 2016 - The UK's Financial Conduct Authority and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority enter a Co-operation Agreement to foster collaboration in promoting financial innovation.
- CME Group exec joins Chamber of Digital Commerce Board of Advisors
7th December 2016 - The Chamber of Digital Commerce appoints CME Ventures' Rumi Morales to its Board of Advisors.
- Saxo Bank and Phoenix Finance to form strategic partnership
6th December 2016 - Saxo Bank and fintech firm, Phoenix Finance, sign MOU to form a white label partnership. The integration process will start in Q1 2017.
- Naga Group and Deutsche Boerse form gaming venture - Switex
1st December 2016 - FinTech firm Naga Group and Deutsche Börse to launch first exchange for virtual gaming products.
- Deutsche Boerse acquires stake in FinTech company figo
24th November 2016 - Deutsche Börse acquires 'significant' minority stake in FinTech company figo.
- IBM blockchain helps FinTechs and banks address KYC challenge
17th November 2016 - Singapore FinTech Startup KYCK! to use IBM Blockchain and Bluemix to aid customer onboarding process in financial institutions.
- Capgemini announces global fintech initiative
16th November 2016 - Capgemini accelerates global fintech initiative to meet market demand for innovation.
- ayondo acquires Singapore fintech brand TradeHero
15th November 2016 - Acquisiton of TradeHero's stock market simulation app expands ayondo's footprint in Singapore ahead of planned SGX listing.
- Overstock demonstrates t0 blockchain-based securities trading platform
14th November 2016 -
- Nomura launches robo advisor in Japan
14th November 2016 - 'Nomura Goal-Based' robo advisor to promote shift from savings to asset accumulation.
- Citi launches API Developer Hub
11th November 2016 - Citi to enable open banking with API Developer Hub.
- R3 and MAS to launch Singapore blockchain centre
9th November 2016 - R3 partners with Monetary Authority of Singapore to launch Asia Blockchain Centre of Excellence.
- BNY Mellon opens eighth Innovation Center in Singapore
7th November 2016 - Singapore Innovation Center to create data-driven market solutions through collaboration with fintechs and clients in Asia with BNY Mellon's digital ecosystem, NEXEN.