Bitcoin Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Cboe plans December 10 launch of Bitcoin futures trading
4th December 2017 - Monday, December 11, will be the first full day of trading, and trading will be free through December
- GAIN Capital launches Bitcoin trading on City Index
4th December 2017 - GAIN Capital Holdings has announced the launch of Bitcoin trading on City Index, its FCA regulated service in the U.K.
- CFTC statement on self-certification of Bitcoin products by CME, CFE and Cantor Exchange
1st December 2017 -
- CME Group self-certifies Bitcoin futures to launch Dec 18
1st December 2017 - CME Group has self-certified the initial listing of its Bitcoin futures contract to launch Monday, December 18, 2017
- Japan's bitcoin exchange bitFlyer launches in the US
29th November 2017 - New York State Department of Financial Services grants virtual currency license to bitFlyer USA
- CME Group to launch bitcoin futures in Q4 2017
31st October 2017 - New contract to provide regulated trading venue for cryptocurrency market
- Goldman Sachs considers trading Bitcoin
4th October 2017 - Client demand could encourage other banks to follow
- nChain and Bitcoin Unlimited launch Gigablock Testnet for larger bitcoin block sizes
28th September 2017 -
- Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space
16th August 2017 - Launch of Blockstream Satellite expands bitcoin's global reach and utility of bitcoin's blockchain.
- CBOE and Gemini to launch bitcoin future contracts
3rd August 2017 - CBOE and Gemini enter into exclusive global license agreement to use bitcoin market data
- Kdb+ powers trading platform for BitMEX
29th June 2017 - High Frequency bitcoin exchange BitMEX adopts First Derivatives' Kdb+ Platform.
- ayondo launches Bitcoin trading
19th June 2017 - ayondo adds digital currency to its Social Trading offering. Bitcoin trading is now available to all investors on TradeHub.
- LedgerX Raises 11.4 million USD to establish a regulated bitcoin options clearing house and exchange
23rd May 2017 - Series B round led by Miami International Holdings and Huiyin Blockchain Venture Investments supports LedgerX's plan to operate a regulated exchange and clearing house for bitcoin and other digital currencies.
- AlgoTrader 4.0 introduces automated Bitcoin trading
15th May 2017 - AlgoTrader Coinigy integration to enable trading of cryptocurrencies.
- Bloq's BloqLabs to connect business & blockchain
17th March 2017 - BloqLabs to connect enterprises with open source blockchain innovations.
- Tullett Prebon makes crypto currency data available with Brave New Coin
31st October 2016 - Tullett Prebon Information signs deal with Australian company, Brave New Coin, to distribute its digital currency data.
- BNC & RIMES to distribute bitcoin pricing and analytics
27th September 2016 - BraveNewCoin and RIMES partner to distribute end-of-day cryptocurrency pricing and analytics to RIMES' clients.
- Europol, INTERPOL, and the Basel Institute on Governance partner to address bitcoin crime
13th September 2016 - Collaboration formed to investigate money laundering and terrorism crimes involving virtual currencies.