Brexit Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- FIA: The impact of a no-deal Brexit on the cleared derivatives industry
19th December 2017 - White paper to promote a better understanding of the impact of Brexit on cleared derivatives if no agreement is reached between the UK and EU27 prior to 29 March 2019
- Thomson Reuters issues Brexit impact survey results
11th December 2017 - Thomson Reuters survey reveals 40% of businesses say Brexit is impacting strategic planning - No Brexit deal actively planned for by 38% of businesses
- ISDA: Brexit - CCP Location and Legal Uncertainty
22nd August 2017 - ISDA urges UK and EU to agree on post-Brexit transitional provisions for contracts under English law to reduce complexity and costs for all market participants
- Nomura applies for EU license
27th June 2017 - Nomura preps for Brexit with application to operate a new entity based in Frankfurt.
- ESMA issues principles on supervisory approach to relocations from the UK
31st May 2017 - The European Securities and Markets Authority has published an Opinion setting out general principles aimed at fostering consistency in authorisation, supervision and enforcement related to the relocation of entities, activities and functions from the United Kingdom.
- Banks pessimistic over UK post-Brexit rights on euro derivatives clearing
22nd September 2016 - Executives at global investment banks in London predict Brexit will eventually cost the City the right to clear euro-denominated swaps, currently valued at 570 billion USD.