Blockchain Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Banks join SWIFT's blockchain proof of concept trials
25th April 2017 - SWIFT's proof of concept will determine if distributed ledger technology can help banks reconcile their nostro accounts in real time.
- eZforex_com, Ripple, StarOneCU announce International BlockChain Payments
25th April 2017 - eZforex, Ripple and Star One Credit Union facilitate first live and commercially available BlockChain payments to banks and credit unions from the U.S. to four continents.
- European Commission announces Blockchain Observatory plans
24th April 2017 - The European Parliament has mandated the European Commission to implement a pilot project to build up technical expertise and regulatory capacity with regard to FinTech and Blockchain technologies.
- CME & Royal Mint test blockchain platform for gold
13th April 2017 - The Royal Mint Gold blockchain & trading platform announce live testing with major financial institutions.
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust & Banco Santander complete proxy voting blockchain pilot
12th April 2017 - Companies successfully complete blockchain proof of concept to enhance transparency in the proxy voting process.
- R3 and ACORD launch insurance industry Centre of Excellence for blockchain tech
12th April 2017 - R3 and ACORD launch insurance industry Centre of Excellence for distributed ledger technology.
- Euroclear & Paxos complete second pilot for bullion blockchain settlement
10th April 2017 - Euroclear Bankchain service processes 100,000 gold settlements
- R3, HQLAX and five banks build blockchain collateral lending solution
6th April 2017 - HQLAx selects Corda collateral lending solution in collaboration with R3, CIBC, Commerzbank, Credit Suisse, ING, and UBS.
- MUFG joins Ripple's Global Payments Steering Group
3rd April 2017 - MUFG's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi is the first Japanese bank to join GPSG.