Blockchain Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- SETL & partners launch blockchain based record keeping platform
15th September 2017 - SETL and four asset management firms have announced the launch of IZNES, the European fund record-keeping platform based on blockchain technology
- R3 unlocks regulatory reporting on Corda with FCA and two global banks
12th September 2017 -
- Researchers bring atomic clock timestamp precision to stock trading over distributed ledgers
25th August 2017 - Researchers from the National Physical Laboratory, the Toronto Stock Exchange and Z/Yen, timestamped financial stock trades with Co-ordinated Universal Time (UTC) generated from atomic clocks and recorded the trades directly on a distributed ledger.
- IBM & Pacific International Lines sign blockchain shipping and supply chain MOU
16th August 2017 - IBM Singapore, Pacific International Lines, and PSA International sign Memorandum of Understanding to explore and trial proof of concept blockchain-based supply chain business network innovations
- Bank ABC joins R3 blockchain consortium
14th August 2017 - Bahrain based Bank ABC becomes the first MENA financial institution to join financial infrastructure consortium R3
- R3 to integrate Corda platform with Microsoft Coco Framework
10th August 2017 - Microsoft's Coco Framework to improve performance, confidentiality and governance characteristics of enterprise blockchain networks
- SIX and Nasdaq to develop OTC blockchain tech
9th August 2017 - SIX Swiss Exchange and Nasdaq to develop distributed ledger technology for SIX's OTC structured products
- ADGM and Swiss Finance + Technology Association enter fintech agreement
7th August 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market and Swiss Finance + Technology Association join forces to advance FinTech activities and Global Ecosystem
- Hyperledger adds 10 new members to blockchain project
31st July 2017 - ANNE, Beijing RZXT Technology Development, Capgemini Financial Services, New H3C Technologies, Revelry Labs, Smart Link Labs and TradeIX join Hyperledger blockchain project
- Juniper Research: Nearly 6 in 10 large corporations consider blockchain deployment
31st July 2017 - Juniper survey highlights rapid progress in enterprise rollouts
- NRI Secure launches Japan's first 'Blockchain Assessment' service
21st July 2017 - NRI SecureTechnologies announces first step designed for smart contract security.
- LSEG's Borsa Italiana and IBM to develop securities data blockchain solution for SMEs
19th July 2017 - Blockchain technology to expand SMEs' access to credit and enable shareholder data exchange.
- Seven major European banks select IBM to build blockchain for SMEs
27th June 2017 - Deutsche Bank, HSBC, KBC, Natixis, Rabobank, Societe Generale and Unicredit select IBM Blockchain running Hyperledger Fabric for Digital Trade Chain.
- R3 and four banks test Euro Commercial Paper issuance on blockchain
27th June 2017 - ABN Amro, Commerzbank, ING and KBC collaborate with R3 to develop an operating model for an ECP issuance and trading marketplace on Corda distributed ledger technology platform.
- EOS blockchain operating system unveils year-long token distribution
23rd June 2017 -
- Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange trials blockchain for verification and record-keeping
15th June 2017 - Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange partners with Kynetix and Everledger to trial first-ever blockchain verification and record-keeping service for diamond trading.
- Thomson Reuters releases BlockOne IQ to blockchain developers
14th June 2017 - Thomson Reuters explores the applications of blockchain technology through the provision of market data via a smart oracle.
- Calastone completes blockchain test for mutual funds
12th June 2017 - Calastone aims to reduce frictional cost of trading mutual funds by placing marketplace on a blockchain.
- R3 in blockchain partnership with Hewlett Packard Enterprise
12th June 2017 - R3 has partnered with Hewlett Packard Enterprise to run Corda on HPE's Mission Critical Systems platform.
- Russian Quantum Center develops 'first quantum blockchain'
30th May 2017 - Russian Quantum Center researchers develop and test quantum blockchain technology.
- SEB takes part ownership in blockchain company R3
24th May 2017 - SEB takes part ownership and becomes the biggest Nordic investor in newly formed blockchain company R3.
- Nasdaq and Citi announce blockchain and global banking integration
23rd May 2017 - Nasdaq and Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions announce new integrated payment solution that enables straight through payment processing and automates reconciliation by using a distributed ledger to record and transmit payment instructions.
- OTC Exchange Network joins FIX Trading Community
23rd May 2017 - CEO Rosario M. Ingargiola named to the Digital Currency & Blockchain Working Group.
- State Street, DTCC, and others, join Etherium blockchain alliance
22nd May 2017 - Enterprise Ethereum Alliance announces 86 new members including Broadridge, DTCC, Deloitte, Infosys, Merck KGaA , MUFG, National Bank of Canada, Rabobank, Samsung SDS, State Street, Toyota .
- Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 blockchain consortium
19th May 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 consortium on distributed ledger technology.
- Blockchain-based platform Humaniq joins Barclays' TechStars ThinkRise Accelerator
15th May 2017 -
- AST to deliver blockchain-based proxy voting
10th May 2017 - AST and NuArca, partner to deliver new technologies to enhance transparency, speed and accuracy of data.
- Deloitte develops blockchain platform for KYC checks
10th May 2017 - Deloitte develops blockchain proof-of-concept to mutualize KYC checks.
- AMF creates FinTech lab, partners with R3
28th April 2017 - Autorité des Marchés Financiers creates FinTech lab and signs partnership with R3.
- IHS Markit joins Chamber of Digital Commerce to support blockchain advancement
27th April 2017 -