Blockchain Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- NRI Secure launches Japan's first 'Blockchain Assessment' service
21st July 2017 - NRI SecureTechnologies announces first step designed for smart contract security.
- LSEG's Borsa Italiana and IBM to develop securities data blockchain solution for SMEs
19th July 2017 - Blockchain technology to expand SMEs' access to credit and enable shareholder data exchange.
- Seven major European banks select IBM to build blockchain for SMEs
27th June 2017 - Deutsche Bank, HSBC, KBC, Natixis, Rabobank, Societe Generale and Unicredit select IBM Blockchain running Hyperledger Fabric for Digital Trade Chain.
- R3 and four banks test Euro Commercial Paper issuance on blockchain
27th June 2017 - ABN Amro, Commerzbank, ING and KBC collaborate with R3 to develop an operating model for an ECP issuance and trading marketplace on Corda distributed ledger technology platform.
- EOS blockchain operating system unveils year-long token distribution
23rd June 2017 -
- Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange trials blockchain for verification and record-keeping
15th June 2017 - Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange partners with Kynetix and Everledger to trial first-ever blockchain verification and record-keeping service for diamond trading.
- Thomson Reuters releases BlockOne IQ to blockchain developers
14th June 2017 - Thomson Reuters explores the applications of blockchain technology through the provision of market data via a smart oracle.
- Calastone completes blockchain test for mutual funds
12th June 2017 - Calastone aims to reduce frictional cost of trading mutual funds by placing marketplace on a blockchain.
- R3 in blockchain partnership with Hewlett Packard Enterprise
12th June 2017 - R3 has partnered with Hewlett Packard Enterprise to run Corda on HPE's Mission Critical Systems platform.
- Russian Quantum Center develops 'first quantum blockchain'
30th May 2017 - Russian Quantum Center researchers develop and test quantum blockchain technology.
- SEB takes part ownership in blockchain company R3
24th May 2017 - SEB takes part ownership and becomes the biggest Nordic investor in newly formed blockchain company R3.
- Nasdaq and Citi announce blockchain and global banking integration
23rd May 2017 - Nasdaq and Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions announce new integrated payment solution that enables straight through payment processing and automates reconciliation by using a distributed ledger to record and transmit payment instructions.
- OTC Exchange Network joins FIX Trading Community
23rd May 2017 - CEO Rosario M. Ingargiola named to the Digital Currency & Blockchain Working Group.
- State Street, DTCC, and others, join Etherium blockchain alliance
22nd May 2017 - Enterprise Ethereum Alliance announces 86 new members including Broadridge, DTCC, Deloitte, Infosys, Merck KGaA , MUFG, National Bank of Canada, Rabobank, Samsung SDS, State Street, Toyota .
- Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 blockchain consortium
19th May 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 consortium on distributed ledger technology.
- Blockchain-based platform Humaniq joins Barclays' TechStars ThinkRise Accelerator
15th May 2017 -
- AST to deliver blockchain-based proxy voting
10th May 2017 - AST and NuArca, partner to deliver new technologies to enhance transparency, speed and accuracy of data.
- Deloitte develops blockchain platform for KYC checks
10th May 2017 - Deloitte develops blockchain proof-of-concept to mutualize KYC checks.
- AMF creates FinTech lab, partners with R3
28th April 2017 - Autorité des Marchés Financiers creates FinTech lab and signs partnership with R3.
- IHS Markit joins Chamber of Digital Commerce to support blockchain advancement
27th April 2017 -
- Banks join SWIFT's blockchain proof of concept trials
25th April 2017 - SWIFT's proof of concept will determine if distributed ledger technology can help banks reconcile their nostro accounts in real time.
- eZforex_com, Ripple, and StarOneCU announce International BlockChain Payments
25th April 2017 - eZforex, Ripple and Star One Credit Union facilitate first live and commercially available BlockChain payments to banks and credit unions from the U.S. to four continents.
- European Commission announces Blockchain Observatory plans
24th April 2017 - The European Parliament has mandated the European Commission to implement a pilot project to build up technical expertise and regulatory capacity with regard to FinTech and Blockchain technologies.
- CME & Royal Mint test blockchain platform for gold
13th April 2017 - The Royal Mint Gold blockchain & trading platform announce live testing with major financial institutions.
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust & Banco Santander complete proxy voting blockchain pilot
12th April 2017 - Companies successfully complete blockchain proof of concept to enhance transparency in the proxy voting process.
- R3 and ACORD launch insurance industry Centre of Excellence for blockchain tech
12th April 2017 - R3 and ACORD launch insurance industry Centre of Excellence for distributed ledger technology.
- Euroclear & Paxos complete second pilot for bullion blockchain settlement
10th April 2017 - Euroclear Bankchain service processes 100,000 gold settlements
- R3, HQLAX and five banks build blockchain collateral lending solution
6th April 2017 - HQLAx selects Corda collateral lending solution in collaboration with R3, CIBC, Commerzbank, Credit Suisse, ING, and UBS.
- MUFG joins Ripple's Global Payments Steering Group
3rd April 2017 - MUFG's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi is the first Japanese bank to join GPSG.