Blockchain Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- SEB takes part ownership in blockchain company R3
24th May 2017 - SEB takes part ownership and becomes the biggest Nordic investor in newly formed blockchain company R3.
- Nasdaq and Citi announce blockchain and global banking integration
23rd May 2017 - Nasdaq and Citi Treasury and Trade Solutions announce new integrated payment solution that enables straight through payment processing and automates reconciliation by using a distributed ledger to record and transmit payment instructions.
- OTC Exchange Network joins FIX Trading Community
23rd May 2017 - CEO Rosario M. Ingargiola named to the Digital Currency & Blockchain Working Group.
- State Street, DTCC, and others, join Etherium blockchain alliance
22nd May 2017 - Enterprise Ethereum Alliance announces 86 new members including Broadridge, DTCC, Deloitte, Infosys, Merck KGaA , MUFG, National Bank of Canada, Rabobank, Samsung SDS, State Street, Toyota .
- Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 blockchain consortium
19th May 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market joins R3 consortium on distributed ledger technology.
- Blockchain-based platform Humaniq joins Barclays' TechStars ThinkRise Accelerator
15th May 2017 -
- AST to deliver blockchain-based proxy voting
10th May 2017 - AST and NuArca, partner to deliver new technologies to enhance transparency, speed and accuracy of data.
- Deloitte develops blockchain platform for KYC checks
10th May 2017 - Deloitte develops blockchain proof-of-concept to mutualize KYC checks.
- AMF creates FinTech lab, partners with R3
28th April 2017 - Autorité des Marchés Financiers creates FinTech lab and signs partnership with R3.
- IHS Markit joins Chamber of Digital Commerce to support blockchain advancement
27th April 2017 -
- Banks join SWIFT's blockchain proof of concept trials
25th April 2017 - SWIFT's proof of concept will determine if distributed ledger technology can help banks reconcile their nostro accounts in real time.
- eZforex_com, Ripple, and StarOneCU announce International BlockChain Payments
25th April 2017 - eZforex, Ripple and Star One Credit Union facilitate first live and commercially available BlockChain payments to banks and credit unions from the U.S. to four continents.
- European Commission announces Blockchain Observatory plans
24th April 2017 - The European Parliament has mandated the European Commission to implement a pilot project to build up technical expertise and regulatory capacity with regard to FinTech and Blockchain technologies.
- CME & Royal Mint test blockchain platform for gold
13th April 2017 - The Royal Mint Gold blockchain & trading platform announce live testing with major financial institutions.
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust & Banco Santander complete proxy voting blockchain pilot
12th April 2017 - Companies successfully complete blockchain proof of concept to enhance transparency in the proxy voting process.
- R3 and ACORD launch insurance industry Centre of Excellence for blockchain tech
12th April 2017 - R3 and ACORD launch insurance industry Centre of Excellence for distributed ledger technology.
- Euroclear & Paxos complete second pilot for bullion blockchain settlement
10th April 2017 - Euroclear Bankchain service processes 100,000 gold settlements
- R3, HQLAX and five banks build blockchain collateral lending solution
6th April 2017 - HQLAx selects Corda collateral lending solution in collaboration with R3, CIBC, Commerzbank, Credit Suisse, ING, and UBS.
- MUFG joins Ripple's Global Payments Steering Group
3rd April 2017 - MUFG's Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi is the first Japanese bank to join GPSG.