Legal Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Fabrizio Carpanini to join Dorsey in London
3rd September 2015 - Dorsey & Whitney nabs veteran private equity attorney from Olswan.
- Lawyers to the rescue!
29th October 2013 - What's the difference between a lawyer and a mosquito? One's a blood-sucking parasite, the other is an insect.
What's the difference between a lawyer and a liar? Pronunciation.
- CFTC appoints McGonagle to run Division of Market Oversight
16th September 2013 - The CFTC appointed a veteran who handled the regulator's LIBOR cases to a new role heading the Division of Market Oversight.
- Panther Energy and owner banned from trading for one year, fined over algo practice
23rd July 2013 - A New Jersey-based firm and its owner were heavily fined and prohibited from trading for one year over an unlawful practice using algos for trading in a variety of markets.
- Bloomberg names former IBM chief to advise on data standards
17th May 2013 - Bloomberg appointed the former chief executive of IBM to conduct a review of data and privacy standards after it apologised for allowing journalists to have access to some client information.
- For both regulators and the market, an Atlantic divide weighs
11th September 2012 - European markets are just a few weeks away from greater clarity on EMIR regulations but considerable uncertainty remains and the spectre of extra-territoriality looms large for both regulators and market participants.
- Omgeo adds legal entity capabilities to Omgeo ALERT
10th September 2012 - New data fields in ALERT database capture legal entity information, functionality addresses necessity for greater transparency
- Foresight paper slams some proposed regulations, endorses others
4th September 2012 - Regulatory reforms such as market making obligations, minimum resting times and order-to-execution ratios pose problems and in some cases could drive traders out of the market, according to a paper from the UK-sponsored Foresight project.
- FSA approves Thomson Reuters - FXall deal
16th August 2012 - Thomson Reuters - FXall deal receives formal FSA approval
- Prepare failed: (144) Table './ATStatistics/logger_ads_imp' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed