Alternative Trading System (ATS) Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Instinet completes purchase of BlockCross ATS from State Street
14th August 2017 -
- SocGen combines high touch and electronic execution services
26th June 2017 - Bank's high-touch cash equity team joins the Global Execution Services team within Societe Generale Prime Services.
- Instinet to purchase BlockCross ATS from State Street
22nd June 2017 - Deal to close in 30-60 days. Existing BlockCross team will continue to operate the ATS.
- Barclays DirectEx enables algo users to generate IOIs
30th May 2017 - Barclays Capital launches algorithmic trading feature in the US that allows users to post block interest in Barclays DirectEx block ATS.
- Bats Europe launches buy-side access to new European equities block IOI platform
20th March 2017 - Buy-side firms now have access to Bats LIS, powered by BIDS technology.
- Citi launches alternative trading facility: CitiBLOC
12th October 2016 - Citi rebrands Liquifi ATS into CitiBLOC, an alternative trading system designed for block execution.
- TradeStation to be first retail online broker member of IEX
18th August 2016 - TradeStation approved as first retail online broker member of new IEX Stock Exchange.
- US Equity off-exchange trading market share hits 6 year high
17th August 2016 - Trading away from exchanges shows no sign of weakening.
- Bats Europe announces block trading service - Bats LIS
9th August 2016 - Bats Europe to launch new European equities large in scale negotiation facility called Bats LIS.
- Pershing adds AltX Hedge Fund Intelligence platform to Alternative Investment Centre
9th June 2016 - BNY Mellon's Pershing adds AltX Hedge Fund Intelligence platform to its Alternative Investment Centre.
- PDQ selects Eventus for risk & surveillance management
14th April 2016 - PDQ ATS enhances risk surveillance capabilities with Eventus platform
- Nasdaq rebrands Canadian ATS
30th March 2016 - Recently acquired platforms undergoing INET migration.
- PDQ ATS connects to Eze's RealTick EMS
21st April 2015 - PDQ ATS now available as an order routing destination on Eze Software Group's Realtick EMS.
- OTC Link ATS appoints chief compliance officer
7th April 2015 - OTC Markets Group's OTC Link ATS appoints Michael Corrao as chief compliance officer.
- OTC Markets Group integrates Corvil network data analytics
17th March 2015 - OTC Markets Group to leverage Corvil for real-time insights and performance optimization throughout trading environment.
- MTS BondsPro API: Opening New Doors
3rd March 2015 - MTS Markets International Inc. is the US subsidiary of the MTS Group. In the US corporate bond space they manage an ATS called BondsPro (formerly known as Bonds.com). While a screen-based version of MTS BondsPro has been available for some time, a more recent innovation has been the introduction of an API. Aly Kassam, CEO of Quantitative Support Services, and Andy Webb, founder of Automated Trader magazine, took it for a spin.
- MTS Markets International launches BondVision US trading platform
26th February 2015 - Institutional investors and other market participants can now actively trade European fixed income products in the US.
- CLSA Americas enhances high touch and electronic capabilities with IEX
11th February 2015 - Integration of IEX ATS broadens trading options across all CLSA execution channels.
- Bondcube becomes FINRA broker/dealer member
29th January 2015 - Bondcube becomes FINRA broker/dealer member, will now apply to the SEC to become an ATS.
- ATS OpenBondX to launch in Q1 2015
28th January 2015 - New ATS OpenBondX provides electronic fixed income markets with 'all-to-all' system and hybrid trading protocol.
- Exegy and IEX prepared for launch of TOPS data feed
20th January 2015 - Exegy announces feed handler for the IEX Top of Book Quote Feed.
- SEC charges UBS subsidiary with disclosure violations and other regulatory failures in operating dark pool
15th January 2015 - UBS Securities to pay more than $14.4 million, including a $12 million penalty that is the SEC's largest against an alternative trading system.
- Orchestral manoeuvres in the dark
14th January 2015 - New research findings suggest that US trading rules may be providing dark venues a regulatory advantage over traditional stock exchanges by allowing some traders to circumvent time priority. There's also some cynicism over whether the need to hide large block trades is overhyped amid calls for implementation of a "Trade At Rule". Europe, meanwhile, has its own dynamic, with major exchanges like the LSE starting buy side-only order types in its dark pool. Peter Barker reports.
- Cantor leverages IEX to provide increased transparency for clients
11th December 2014 - Cantor Fitzgerald announces the availability of equity algorithms leveraging IEX's Smart Order Router and Alternative Trading System, as part of the Cantor Connect Clean Algo Suite.
- ConvergEx adds industry veterans to leadership team
4th August 2014 - Greg Voetsch, Charles Galligan and Oliver Sung join Convergex senior management.
- US equities: off exchange snapshot
29th July 2014 - Dark pool volumes in June mostly flat after May's sharp drop, as clients shift flow among venues in wake of Barclays scandal.
- Citigroup ATS LavaFlow settles for $5mn charge
25th July 2014 - New York-based LavaFlow has agreed to pay $5 million to settle the SEC's charges, including a $2.85 million penalty that is the agency's largest to date against an ATS.
- US equities: off exchange snapshot
2nd July 2014 - Off exchange trading volumes are in decline against a backdrop of rallying markets, greater transparency and ongoing scandals. What are the statistics saying about emerging trends?
- FINRA fines Goldman Sachs $800,000 for SIGMA-X failings
2nd July 2014 - FINRA fines Goldman Sachs Execution & Clearing, L.P. $800,000 for failing to prevent trade-throughs in its alternative trading system.
- SEC fines Liquidnet $2m for improper use of dark pool subscriber data
9th June 2014 - SEC charges New York-based dark pool operator with failing to safeguard confidential trading information.
- Prepare failed: (144) Table './ATStatistics/logger_ads_imp' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed