Exchanges Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- SET to launch T+2 in March 2018
22nd March 2017 - The Stock Exchange of Thailand announces target implementation date for the two-day settlement cycle to be March 2, 2018.
- Anova goes live with patented wireless to fiber arbitration service between Bats and NASDAQ.
20th March 2017 - Product offers 'self-healing' between disparate transport mediums, ensuring a packet is never dropped in fast markets or inclement weather.
- Bats Europe launches buy-side access to new European equities block IOI platform
20th March 2017 - Buy-side firms now have access to Bats LIS, powered by BIDS technology.
- NYIAX announces blockchain-enabled advertising contract exchange
14th March 2017 - Blockchain-enabled media trading platform runs in the cloud and is powered by Nasdaq.
- Nasdaq Private Market expands into alternative investments
10th March 2017 - Nasdaq Private Market addresses challenges of fund liquidity with launch of Alternatives.
- SGX consults on market structure adjustments
8th March 2017 - Singapore Exchange is consulting the public on proposed adjustments to the equities market structure aimed at addressing market conditions, while balancing the objectives and interests of different segments of participants in the market ecosystem.
- Boerse Dusseldorf selects Scila Surveillance
8th March 2017 - Scila Surveillance for real time market surveillance goes live at Börse Düsseldorf.
- MAS & Abu Dhabi Global Market in FinTech collaboration
8th March 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market and the Monetary Authority of Singapore collaborate to foster FinTech innovation and cross-border activities.
- Trading Technologies connects to DGCX
7th March 2017 - Trading Technologies provides connectivity to Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange.
- Brendan Bradley, former Eurex CIO, joins Global Alternatives
6th March 2017 - Appointment made in preparation for Global Alternatives' launch of Prop-X property trading exchange.
- SGX mulls widening tick sizes and intra-session break
1st March 2017 - Wider spreads, bigger breaks.
- CBOE Holdings closes acquisition of Bats Global Markets
1st March 2017 - New Leadership Team Introduced . Integration Website launched to highlight key corporate information.
- NEX Exchange appoints TriOptima COO Mireille Dyrberg to its Board
28th February 2017 - Mireille Dyrberg joins Nex Exchange Board as a Non-Executive Director.
- New doubt cast on LSE Deutsche Boerse merger
27th February 2017 - London Stock Exchange 'highly unlikely' to be able to meet 'disproportionate' demands from European Commission to sell its 60% stake in MTS.
- CQG connects to Warsaw Stock Exchange for futures trading
24th February 2017 - CQG customers will have access to the WIG20 contract, equity, FX, WIBOR, and T-bond futures contracts.
- Nasdaq and Borse Dubai sign market technology deal
21st February 2017 - Borse Dubai to overhaul trading and post-trade technology in preparation for market enhancements including CCP clearing.
- CBOE acquisition of Bats expected to close February 28
17th February 2017 - Transaction receives final remaining European regulatory approval. Three Bats Directors to join CBOE Holdings Board. Election deadline for Bats stockholders set for February 24.
- Nasdaq announces new leadership for Fixed Income and Post-trade in the Nordics and Baltics
16th February 2017 - Fredrik Ekström takes responsibility for Nordic Fixed Income and Nasdaq Clearing, Julia Haglind new President of Nasdaq Clearing, Arminta Saladziene new Head of Securities Services and Chairman of Broker Services' Board of Directors.
- Diamonds mark engagement
16th February 2017 - Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange partners with the Multi Commodity Exchange of India to launch spot and derivatives contracts on diamonds in India.
- ICE to buy TMX Atrium
15th February 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange announces agreement to acquire TMX Atrium from TMX Group
- Egypt and Sydney Exchanges sign MOU
15th February 2017 - The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and Sydney Stock Exchange (SSX) sign a Memorandum of Understanding.
- Bats One Premium market data now available through FactSet
15th February 2017 - FactSet now provides Bats One Premium's five levels of quoted depth, trade information.
- Nasdaq Copenhagen appoints Nikolaj Kosakewitsch as president
9th February 2017 - Carnegie Investment Bank's Nikolaj Kosakewitsch named as new president of Nasdaq Copenhagen.
- Hotspot promotes Leit, Watras to Europe, Asia roles
9th February 2017 -
- NYSE finalizes acquisition of National Stock Exchange
1st February 2017 -
- TSE selects Juniper to upgrade arrownet platform
30th January 2017 - Tokyo Stock Exchange deploys Juniper Networks' MX480 3D Universal Edge Router.
- NYSE plans 'speed bump' for NYSE MKT
26th January 2017 - New York Stock Exchange to introduce 350 microsecond delay on NYSE MKT.
- Edison and Morningstar to provide research reports for new SME segment
24th January 2017 - Deutsche Börse publishes further details on its new segment for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to be launched in March, replacing the Entry Standard in the exchange-regulated market.
- Deutsche Boerse presents blockchain concept for risk free cash transfer
23rd January 2017 - Eurex Clearing acts as trusted party for transactions. Direct payments with commercial bank money.
- LME Chief Executive retires
23rd January 2017 - Garry Jones to retire as London Metal Exchange Chief Executive, Matthew Chamberlain appointed interim Chief Executive.