Exchanges Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- NYSE to expand floor trading
12th January 2017 - New York Stock Exchange to expand floor trading to all U.S. equity securities in 2017.
- Bitstamp lists Ripple's XRP currency for trading
11th January 2017 - Bitstamp to launch trading of XRP, the digital asset native to the Ripple Consensus Ledger.
- CBOE's historical data subscription service migrates to CBOE Livevol Data Shop
10th January 2017 - Chicago Board Options Exchange plans expanded product and service offerings for 2017.
- Romeo Lacher appointed new Chairman of the Board of Directors of SIX
10th January 2017 -
- TMX Group announces sale of Razor Risk
6th January 2017 - TMX Group has announced the sale of its risk management business Razor Risk to Parabellum.
- CBOE directors to step down following Bats deal
23rd December 2016 - Edward Tilly to take on role of both Chairman and CEO. Chairman William Brodsky to step down after nearly 20 years at CBOE.
- Moscow Exchange signs MoUs with Chinese securities firms
22nd December 2016 - Moscow Exchange to cooperate with CITIC Securities and Galaxy Securities.
- James Proudlock appointed Deputy Chief Executive for LME Clear
22nd December 2016 - LME Clear and LME announce the appointment of James Proudlock as Deputy Chief Executive for LME Clear.
- Deutsche Boerse announces appointments to Eurex Product Development
22nd December 2016 - Deutsche Börse's Eurex derivatives business has announced the appointment of Lee Bartholomew and Zubin Ramdarshan to key product development roles.
- Deutsche Boerse increases share in Tradegate
22nd December 2016 - Deutsche Boerse ups stake in Tradegate to 20 percent.
- ASIC reports on ASX September outage
21st December 2016 - ASIC releases report on the findings of its review of the ASX outage that affected the operation of the Australian equity market on 19 September 2016.
- Otkritie admitted to individual clearing membership on Moscow Exchange
21st December 2016 - Otkritie Capital becomes individual clearing member on Moscow Exchange FX Market.
- Euronext in exclusive talks to potentially acquire LCH.Clearnet SA
20th December 2016 - Euronext enters talks regarding the acquisition of the French operations of LCH.Clearnet depending on the successful closure of the LSEG and Deutsche Börse merger.
- SGX announces first Shariah-compliant gold futures contract
19th December 2016 - Singapore Exchange's Singapore Kilobar Gold Contract has become the world's first Shariah-compliant gold futures.
- Bats Indices for French, German, Italian and Swiss Markets now live
19th December 2016 - Indices provide alternatives to benchmark indices available from current providers.
- LME and LME Clear announce 2017 fee schedules
16th December 2016 - Trading and clearing fees unchanged, retaining fee reductions for short-dated carries and position transfer caps. LME Clear warrants as collateral and compression service fees reduced. LME base metals usage licence fee waived for physical market participants.
- NYSE acquires National Stock Exchange
15th December 2016 - Largest US exchange swallows smallest US exchange.
- Deutsche Boerse and BSE extend market data partnership to India INX
15th December 2016 - Deutsche Börse and BSE India extend market data partnership to new international exchange India INX.
- IPSX chooses Cinnober for exchange technology
14th December 2016 - First regulated stock exchange to be dedicated to trading of commercial property securities.
- Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Clearing fined for cyber security failings
13th December 2016 - Investigation focused on how the companies manage cyber risks. Nasdaq Clearing receives larger fine due to possible knock on effect for other companies.
- Bats expands real-time benchmark indices to continental Europe
13th December 2016 - Following UK launch in June Bats introduces new benchmark indices for French, German, Italian and Swiss Markets.
- Nasdaq Nordic to launch Auction on Demand
12th December 2016 - Alternative to Over the Counter trading and designed to meet MiFID II requirements. Available June 7, 2017, on all Nasdaq Nordic Exchanges.
- DGCX and Chinese Gold and Silver Exchange sign MoU
12th December 2016 - Agreement to meet needs of investors in China and the Indian Sub-continent - two of the world's largest consumers of precious metals.
- CME Group announces new senior management positions
9th December 2016 - Winkler named Chief Commercial Officer; Taylor appointed President, Clearing and Post-Trade Services.
- IMC Shipping joins Baltic Exchange member
9th December 2016 - First new Baltic Exchange member signs up post SGX acquisition.
- Nasdaq launches Copenhagen 25 for Danish market
9th December 2016 - New C25 index to replace C20 as leading index at December 2017 review.
- Boerse Berlin implements Scila Surveillance
9th December 2016 - Börse Berlin deploys Scila Surveillance for real time monitoring and prevention of market abuse and insider dealing.
- Hong Kong brokers choose Fidessa for Shenzhen Connect
7th December 2016 - 17 Hong Kong-based brokers have been using Fidessa for the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect link since it went live on 5th December.
- LSEG opens new technology facility in Sri Lanka
5th December 2016 - London Stock Exchange Group has opened a new technology facility in Sri Lanka.
- JPX to register and monitor high frequency traders
5th December 2016 - May I see your license and registration please?