Exchanges Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- UnaVista's RegTech Partner Programme welcomes 20th member
20th June 2017 - 20 firms have joined London Stock Exchange Group's UnaVista Partner Programme in the first half of 2017.
- Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange trials blockchain for verification and record-keeping
15th June 2017 - Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange partners with Kynetix and Everledger to trial first-ever blockchain verification and record-keeping service for diamond trading.
- ICE to buy BofAML's Global Research index platform
1st June 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange to acquire Global Research index platform from Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- SIX Group CEO Urs Ruegsegger to handover operational responsibility
31st May 2017 -
- SocGen's Alain Courbebaisse joins Euronext as CIO
31st May 2017 - Euronext announces changes to the Company's Technology and Operations leadership.
- MSE and GMEX collaborate in exchange space in India
25th May 2017 - Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India and GMEX Group of London enter into a joint collaboration to deliver products for existing and new trading segments in Indian Capital Markets.
- Chinese investors get access to MOEX Russian market data
23rd May 2017 -
- LedgerX Raises 11.4 million USD to establish a regulated bitcoin options clearing house and exchange
23rd May 2017 - Series B round led by Miami International Holdings and Huiyin Blockchain Venture Investments supports LedgerX's plan to operate a regulated exchange and clearing house for bitcoin and other digital currencies.
- Deutsche Boerse and Malta Stock Exchange extend tech agreement
12th May 2017 - The Malta Stock Exchange is to continue its use of Deutsche Börse trading technology.
- NEO receives qualified foreign exchange designation by OTC Markets Group
11th May 2017 - Aequitas NEO Exchange recognized as a qualified non-U.S. stock exchange.
- Bats tries to close in on NYSE/Nasdaq closing auctions
8th May 2017 - If you can't close it yourself, peg it to someone else's close.
- Interxion London to host LMEselect Platform
3rd May 2017 - The London Metal Exchange selects Interxion London for its trading platform.
- Eurex appoints Romanos Daniel as Chief Innovation Officer
3rd May 2017 - Eurex expands its executive management team.
- SIX Swiss Exchange absorbs SIX Structured Products Exchange
2nd May 2017 - Merger of the two stock exchanges - SIX Swiss Exchange absorbs SIX Structured Products Exchange as of 2 May 2017.
- SEC forging ahead with proposal on experimentally lowering access fee caps
27th April 2017 - Lower for longer?
- 17 new UK companies join LSE's ELITE
27th April 2017 - Brings total number of UK ELITE businesses to over 100. More than 750 international companies, advisers and investors make up the ELITE community
- LME launches discussion paper on market structure
25th April 2017 - The London Metal Exchange and LME Clear to publish a discussion paper on the LME's market structure, feedback is invited from market participants.
- Aquis to trade Austrian blue-chip stocks
24th April 2017 - Number of markets now covered reaches fourteen.
- HKEX and LME announce new LME Chief Executive and leadership structure
21st April 2017 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing and the London Metal Exchange appoint Matthew Chamberlain as Chief Executive of the LME. James Proudlock named as Managing Director and Head of Market Development for the LME and LME Clear.
- ASX 100 Cyber Health Check Report launched
20th April 2017 -
- CME Europe and CME Clearing Europe to close by year-end
12th April 2017 - CME Group has announced that it intends to close its London-based derivatives exchange and clearing house, CME Europe and CME Clearing Europe, by year-end 2017.
- Nasdaq signs new tech deal with HKEX
12th April 2017 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing to upgrade derivatives market platform to Nasdaq Financial Framework architecture for trading, clearing and real-time risk management.
- BCS deploys Fix Flyer's Daytona Trade Monitor
12th April 2017 - Bolsa de Comercio de Santiago selects FIX Flyer for monitoring and onboarding.
- DGCX launches Shanghai Gold Futures
10th April 2017 - The Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange opens-up access to the Chinese bullion market.
- Nasdaq Dubai to launch 'Market Site' hub
10th April 2017 - Nasdaq Dubai to launch hub for capital market activities across the MEASA region.
- SIX Exchange Regulation appoints new heads of trading supervision and issuer regulation
6th April 2017 - Sabir Sheikh to head up issuer regulation and Jared Bibler to be in charge of trading supervision at SIX Exchange Regulation.
- Bats launches new benchmark indices for ten European markets
4th April 2017 - Bats indices now available for all major European markets providing alternatives to incumbent providers.
- SGX and Tullett Prebon launch LNG spot index for Dubai, Kuwait and India
3rd April 2017 - Singapore Exchange (SGX) and Tullett Prebon have launched a liquefied natural gas (LNG) spot index for Dubai, Kuwait and Indi .
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger officially dead
29th March 2017 - Not that it was a surprise.
- EU Commission prohibits Deutsche Boerse/LSEG merger
29th March 2017 - Deutsche Börse and London Stock Exchange Group officially blocked, proposed sale of LCH by LSEG and LCH Group to Euronext N.V. will also terminate.