Exchanges Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Nasdaq and Borse Dubai sign market technology deal
21st February 2017 - Borse Dubai to overhaul trading and post-trade technology in preparation for market enhancements including CCP clearing.
- CBOE acquisition of Bats expected to close February 28
17th February 2017 - Transaction receives final remaining European regulatory approval. Three Bats Directors to join CBOE Holdings Board. Election deadline for Bats stockholders set for February 24.
- Nasdaq announces new leadership for Fixed Income and Post-trade in the Nordics and Baltics
16th February 2017 - Fredrik Ekström takes responsibility for Nordic Fixed Income and Nasdaq Clearing, Julia Haglind new President of Nasdaq Clearing, Arminta Saladziene new Head of Securities Services and Chairman of Broker Services' Board of Directors.
- Diamonds mark engagement
16th February 2017 - Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange partners with the Multi Commodity Exchange of India to launch spot and derivatives contracts on diamonds in India.
- ICE to buy TMX Atrium
15th February 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange announces agreement to acquire TMX Atrium from TMX Group
- Egypt and Sydney Exchanges sign MOU
15th February 2017 - The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and Sydney Stock Exchange (SSX) sign a Memorandum of Understanding.
- Bats One Premium market data now available through FactSet
15th February 2017 - FactSet now provides Bats One Premium's five levels of quoted depth, trade information.
- Nasdaq Copenhagen appoints Nikolaj Kosakewitsch as president
9th February 2017 - Carnegie Investment Bank's Nikolaj Kosakewitsch named as new president of Nasdaq Copenhagen.
- Hotspot promotes Leit, Watras to Europe, Asia roles
9th February 2017 -
- NYSE finalizes acquisition of National Stock Exchange
1st February 2017 -
- TSE selects Juniper to upgrade arrownet platform
30th January 2017 - Tokyo Stock Exchange deploys Juniper Networks' MX480 3D Universal Edge Router.
- NYSE plans 'speed bump' for NYSE MKT
26th January 2017 - New York Stock Exchange to introduce 350 microsecond delay on NYSE MKT.
- Edison and Morningstar to provide research reports for new SME segment
24th January 2017 - Deutsche Börse publishes further details on its new segment for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to be launched in March, replacing the Entry Standard in the exchange-regulated market.
- Deutsche Boerse presents blockchain concept for risk free cash transfer
23rd January 2017 - Eurex Clearing acts as trusted party for transactions. Direct payments with commercial bank money.
- LME Chief Executive retires
23rd January 2017 - Garry Jones to retire as London Metal Exchange Chief Executive, Matthew Chamberlain appointed interim Chief Executive.
- Tullett Prebon & SGX to launch spot pricing index for Dubai, Kuwait and India
23rd January 2017 - Tullett Prebon and Singapore Exchange to launch LNG spot index for the Dubai, Kuwait and India region.
- Bank of Cyprus Holdings lists on London Stock Exchange
20th January 2017 - Bank of Cyprus Holdings lists €1.4 billion business in London.
- Israel issues largest ever Euro bond offering on LSE
18th January 2017 - Israel's €2.25 billion 10 & 20 year government bonds start trading on London Stock Exchange. Investor demand reaches more than €9.5 billion and four times oversubscribed.
- Bats/CBOE merger approved
18th January 2017 - Bats Global Markets announces stockholder approval of merger agreement with CBOE Holdings.
- NYSE to expand floor trading
12th January 2017 - New York Stock Exchange to expand floor trading to all U.S. equity securities in 2017.
- Bitstamp lists Ripple's XRP currency for trading
11th January 2017 - Bitstamp to launch trading of XRP, the digital asset native to the Ripple Consensus Ledger.
- CBOE's historical data subscription service migrates to CBOE Livevol Data Shop
10th January 2017 - Chicago Board Options Exchange plans expanded product and service offerings for 2017.
- Romeo Lacher appointed new Chairman of the Board of Directors of SIX
10th January 2017 -
- TMX Group announces sale of Razor Risk
6th January 2017 - TMX Group has announced the sale of its risk management business Razor Risk to Parabellum.
- CBOE directors to step down following Bats deal
23rd December 2016 - Edward Tilly to take on role of both Chairman and CEO. Chairman William Brodsky to step down after nearly 20 years at CBOE.
- Moscow Exchange signs MoUs with Chinese securities firms
22nd December 2016 - Moscow Exchange to cooperate with CITIC Securities and Galaxy Securities.
- James Proudlock appointed Deputy Chief Executive for LME Clear
22nd December 2016 - LME Clear and LME announce the appointment of James Proudlock as Deputy Chief Executive for LME Clear.
- Deutsche Boerse announces appointments to Eurex Product Development
22nd December 2016 - Deutsche Börse's Eurex derivatives business has announced the appointment of Lee Bartholomew and Zubin Ramdarshan to key product development roles.
- Deutsche Boerse increases share in Tradegate
22nd December 2016 - Deutsche Boerse ups stake in Tradegate to 20 percent.
- ASIC reports on ASX September outage
21st December 2016 - ASIC releases report on the findings of its review of the ASX outage that affected the operation of the Australian equity market on 19 September 2016.