Exchanges Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- SEC forging ahead with proposal on experimentally lowering access fee caps
27th April 2017 - Lower for longer?
- 17 new UK companies join LSE's ELITE
27th April 2017 - Brings total number of UK ELITE businesses to over 100. More than 750 international companies, advisers and investors make up the ELITE community
- LME launches discussion paper on market structure
25th April 2017 - The London Metal Exchange and LME Clear to publish a discussion paper on the LME's market structure, feedback is invited from market participants.
- Aquis to trade Austrian blue-chip stocks
24th April 2017 - Number of markets now covered reaches fourteen.
- HKEX and LME announce new LME Chief Executive and leadership structure
21st April 2017 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing and the London Metal Exchange appoint Matthew Chamberlain as Chief Executive of the LME. James Proudlock named as Managing Director and Head of Market Development for the LME and LME Clear.
- ASX 100 Cyber Health Check Report launched
20th April 2017 -
- CME Europe and CME Clearing Europe to close by year-end
12th April 2017 - CME Group has announced that it intends to close its London-based derivatives exchange and clearing house, CME Europe and CME Clearing Europe, by year-end 2017.
- Nasdaq signs new tech deal with HKEX
12th April 2017 - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing to upgrade derivatives market platform to Nasdaq Financial Framework architecture for trading, clearing and real-time risk management.
- BCS deploys Fix Flyer's Daytona Trade Monitor
12th April 2017 - Bolsa de Comercio de Santiago selects FIX Flyer for monitoring and onboarding.
- DGCX launches Shanghai Gold Futures
10th April 2017 - The Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange opens-up access to the Chinese bullion market.
- Nasdaq Dubai to launch 'Market Site' hub
10th April 2017 - Nasdaq Dubai to launch hub for capital market activities across the MEASA region.
- SIX Exchange Regulation appoints new heads of trading supervision and issuer regulation
6th April 2017 - Sabir Sheikh to head up issuer regulation and Jared Bibler to be in charge of trading supervision at SIX Exchange Regulation.
- Bats launches new benchmark indices for ten European markets
4th April 2017 - Bats indices now available for all major European markets providing alternatives to incumbent providers.
- SGX and Tullett Prebon launch LNG spot index for Dubai, Kuwait and India
3rd April 2017 - Singapore Exchange (SGX) and Tullett Prebon have launched a liquefied natural gas (LNG) spot index for Dubai, Kuwait and Indi .
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger officially dead
29th March 2017 - Not that it was a surprise.
- EU Commission prohibits Deutsche Boerse/LSEG merger
29th March 2017 - Deutsche Börse and London Stock Exchange Group officially blocked, proposed sale of LCH by LSEG and LCH Group to Euronext N.V. will also terminate.
- MOEX and DCE announce MOU
28th March 2017 - Moscow Exchange and Dalian Commodity Exchanges extend co-operation.
- SET to launch T+2 in March 2018
22nd March 2017 - The Stock Exchange of Thailand announces target implementation date for the two-day settlement cycle to be March 2, 2018.
- Anova goes live with patented wireless to fiber arbitration service between Bats and NASDAQ.
20th March 2017 - Product offers 'self-healing' between disparate transport mediums, ensuring a packet is never dropped in fast markets or inclement weather.
- Bats Europe launches buy-side access to new European equities block IOI platform
20th March 2017 - Buy-side firms now have access to Bats LIS, powered by BIDS technology.
- NYIAX announces blockchain-enabled advertising contract exchange
14th March 2017 - Blockchain-enabled media trading platform runs in the cloud and is powered by Nasdaq.
- Nasdaq Private Market expands into alternative investments
10th March 2017 - Nasdaq Private Market addresses challenges of fund liquidity with launch of Alternatives.
- SGX consults on market structure adjustments
8th March 2017 - Singapore Exchange is consulting the public on proposed adjustments to the equities market structure aimed at addressing market conditions, while balancing the objectives and interests of different segments of participants in the market ecosystem.
- Boerse Dusseldorf selects Scila Surveillance
8th March 2017 - Scila Surveillance for real time market surveillance goes live at Börse Düsseldorf.
- MAS & Abu Dhabi Global Market in FinTech collaboration
8th March 2017 - Abu Dhabi Global Market and the Monetary Authority of Singapore collaborate to foster FinTech innovation and cross-border activities.
- Trading Technologies connects to DGCX
7th March 2017 - Trading Technologies provides connectivity to Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange.
- Brendan Bradley, former Eurex CIO, joins Global Alternatives
6th March 2017 - Appointment made in preparation for Global Alternatives' launch of Prop-X property trading exchange.
- SGX mulls widening tick sizes and intra-session break
1st March 2017 - Wider spreads, bigger breaks.
- CBOE Holdings closes acquisition of Bats Global Markets
1st March 2017 - New Leadership Team Introduced . Integration Website launched to highlight key corporate information.
- NEX Exchange appoints TriOptima COO Mireille Dyrberg to its Board
28th February 2017 - Mireille Dyrberg joins Nex Exchange Board as a Non-Executive Director.