Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF) Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- LMAX Exchange Group launches new regulated broker LMAX Global
4th January 2018 - LMAX Exchange Group separates its multilateral trading facility and broker businesses for MiFID 2 compliance
- FCA authorises Integral to operate an MTF
22nd December 2017 - Integral's multilateral trading facility to provide quick onboarding and compliant MiFID 2 trading
- CFTC approves exemption from SEF registration requirement for EU-authorised MTFs and OTFs
11th December 2017 - The Commodity Futures Trading Commission has exempted certain multilateral trading facilities and organised trading facilities authorised within the European Union from the requirement to register with the CFTC as swap execution facilities
- LMAX Exchange partners with Oxford University academic to evaluate TCA for FX
15th November 2017 - LMAX Exchange has partnered with a leading academic at the University of Oxford to develop a methodology for consistent evaluation of trading costs across liquidity pools that can be used by the FX industry
- Turquoise Lit Auctions to offer frequent transparent auctions throughout the day
20th September 2017 - Turquoise Lit Auction will be a pre-trade transparent, MiFID II compliant trading mechanism
- ITG to launch POSIT Auction in EMEA
6th September 2017 - New lit segment in POSIT MTF to offer alternative liquidity source under MiFID II
- Thomson Reuters preps for MiFID II FX derivatives requirements
27th July 2017 - Company enhances FXall and FX Trading desktops and begins customer onboarding to its regulated Multilateral Trading Facility.
- ITG to offer conditional orders for POSIT Alert in Europe
25th April 2017 - Conditional orders to be rolled out for POSIT Alert in EMEA during the second quarter of 2017.
- Turquoise Plato addresses liquidity issues facing SMEs
21st April 2017 - Plato Partnership and Turquoise announce the development of a mechanism that allows users to call a liquidity event for less liquid securities, including small and medium-sized enterprises.
- SIX's CO:RE trading platform awarded MTF status
31st March 2017 - FINMA awards new multilateral trading facility status to SIX Securities Services' CO:RE trading platform.
- LSEG to launch new International Securities Market
9th March 2017 - London Stock Exchange Group announces an additional market for the issuance of primary debt, the International Securities Market (ISM).
- Euronext and AX Trading announce European block trading MTF
15th February 2017 - Europe's first 'proactive' liquidity seeking venue scheduled for launch in mid-2017.
- LMAX Exchange joins IPC's FX Hub
2nd November 2016 - LMAX Exchange joins IPC's FX Hub in the Equinix NY4 data centre.
- New CEO of TOM receives regulatory approval
31st October 2016 - Hans Pieterse approved as CEO of TOM by Dutch regulators AFM and DNB.
- LMAX Exchange chooses Metamako for matching engine monitoring
11th October 2016 - LMAX Exchange to deploy Metamako's devices to actively monitorall incoming and outgoing FX data in its core matching engine system.
- Elixium MTF goes live
10th October 2016 - Elixium the new all-to-all electronic collateral and secured deposit marketplace goes live.
- LMAX Exchange expands in New York
26th September 2016 - LMAX Exchange, the MTF for FX, has launched its North American matching engine in the Equinix IBX data centre in New York.
- TOM announces new CEO
21st September 2016 - The shareholders of TOM (The Order Machine) announce their intention to appoint Hans Pieterse as CEO.
- LMAX Exchange becomes liquidity provider for MetaTrader 5
19th September 2016 - LMAX Exchange becomes liquidity provider for MetaTrader 5.
- Wolverine joins TOM MTF
29th June 2016 - TOM MTF welcomes Wolverine Trading as a new member.
- LCH to offer equities clearing on SIGMA X MTF
24th May 2016 - LCH's EquityClear to start clearing on Goldman Sachs' SIGMA X MTF from July 2016.
- Tradition to launch Elixium trading platform in May 2016
28th April 2016 - Platform to launch next month to provide access to collateralised liquidity. Roberto Verrillo, Gabriele Frediani, Nick Van Overstraeten and Iona J Levine appointed to management team.
- Bloomberg MTF authorised by UK's FCA
27th July 2015 - Bloomberg Trading Facility (BTF), has received authorisation from the UK Financial Conduct Authority to operate a multilateral trading facility.
- Europe's changing clearing landscape - EuroCCP
13th July 2015 - European equities clearing is akin to a European Union in which almost a third of the population can only make a phone call to another party using the same telephone company. Perhaps it is time to accept that there is a better way, writes Diana Chan, chief executive of EuroCCP.
- TOM offers free real-time market data to Interactive Brokers, Lynx and Today's Groep clients
20th May 2015 - TOM MTF makes real-time market data free of charge for all retail clients of Interactive Brokers, Lynx and Today's Groep.
- LMAX Exchange adds access to TY3 via Prime XM
29th April 2015 - LMAX Exchange widens distribution of its TY3 liquidity by adding access via Prime XM.
- LMAX Exchange announces LMAX Prime
16th March 2015 - LMAX Exchange launches prime of prime service.
- LMAX Exchange joins the Linux Foundation
12th March 2015 - LMAX Exchange to become part of the Linux Foundation's new Core Infrastructure Initiative.
- ￼￼￼￼￼LMAX Exchange and Z.com Trade extend liquidity solution
9th March 2015 - Solution will enable the MT4 clients of Z.com Trade to access no 'Last Look' liquidity from LMAX Exchange via PrimeXM.
- LSEG's BTS trading solution offers direct connection to Turquoise
26th February 2015 - Connection facilitates order book trading and in more than 4,000 securities. Members have single point of connectivity to all LSEG markets. Turquoise Level 2 data added to BTS.