Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF) Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- LMAX Exchange partners with Oxford University academic to evaluate TCA for FX
15th November 2017 - LMAX Exchange has partnered with a leading academic at the University of Oxford to develop a methodology for consistent evaluation of trading costs across liquidity pools that can be used by the FX industry
- Turquoise Lit Auctions to offer frequent transparent auctions throughout the day
20th September 2017 - Turquoise Lit Auction will be a pre-trade transparent, MiFID II compliant trading mechanism
- ITG to launch POSIT Auction in EMEA
6th September 2017 - New lit segment in POSIT MTF to offer alternative liquidity source under MiFID II
- Thomson Reuters preps for MiFID II FX derivatives requirements
27th July 2017 - Company enhances FXall and FX Trading desktops and begins customer onboarding to its regulated Multilateral Trading Facility.
- ITG to offer conditional orders for POSIT Alert in Europe
25th April 2017 - Conditional orders to be rolled out for POSIT Alert in EMEA during the second quarter of 2017.
- Turquoise Plato addresses liquidity issues facing SMEs
21st April 2017 - Plato Partnership and Turquoise announce the development of a mechanism that allows users to call a liquidity event for less liquid securities, including small and medium-sized enterprises.
- SIX's CO:RE trading platform awarded MTF status
31st March 2017 - FINMA awards new multilateral trading facility status to SIX Securities Services' CO:RE trading platform.
- LSEG to launch new International Securities Market
9th March 2017 - London Stock Exchange Group announces an additional market for the issuance of primary debt, the International Securities Market (ISM).
- Euronext and AX Trading announce European block trading MTF
15th February 2017 - Europe's first 'proactive' liquidity seeking venue scheduled for launch in mid-2017.
- LMAX Exchange joins IPC's FX Hub
2nd November 2016 - LMAX Exchange joins IPC's FX Hub in the Equinix NY4 data centre.
- New CEO of TOM receives regulatory approval
31st October 2016 - Hans Pieterse approved as CEO of TOM by Dutch regulators AFM and DNB.
- LMAX Exchange chooses Metamako for matching engine monitoring
11th October 2016 - LMAX Exchange to deploy Metamako's devices to actively monitorall incoming and outgoing FX data in its core matching engine system.
- Elixium MTF goes live
10th October 2016 - Elixium the new all-to-all electronic collateral and secured deposit marketplace goes live.
- LMAX Exchange expands in New York
26th September 2016 - LMAX Exchange, the MTF for FX, has launched its North American matching engine in the Equinix IBX data centre in New York.
- TOM announces new CEO
21st September 2016 - The shareholders of TOM (The Order Machine) announce their intention to appoint Hans Pieterse as CEO.
- LMAX Exchange becomes liquidity provider for MetaTrader 5
19th September 2016 - LMAX Exchange becomes liquidity provider for MetaTrader 5.
- Wolverine joins TOM MTF
29th June 2016 - TOM MTF welcomes Wolverine Trading as a new member.
- LCH to offer equities clearing on SIGMA X MTF
24th May 2016 - LCH's EquityClear to start clearing on Goldman Sachs' SIGMA X MTF from July 2016.
- Tradition to launch Elixium trading platform in May 2016
28th April 2016 - Platform to launch next month to provide access to collateralised liquidity. Roberto Verrillo, Gabriele Frediani, Nick Van Overstraeten and Iona J Levine appointed to management team.
- Bloomberg MTF authorised by UK's FCA
27th July 2015 - Bloomberg Trading Facility (BTF), has received authorisation from the UK Financial Conduct Authority to operate a multilateral trading facility.
- Europe's changing clearing landscape - EuroCCP
13th July 2015 - European equities clearing is akin to a European Union in which almost a third of the population can only make a phone call to another party using the same telephone company. Perhaps it is time to accept that there is a better way, writes Diana Chan, chief executive of EuroCCP.
- TOM offers free real-time market data to Interactive Brokers, Lynx and Today's Groep clients
20th May 2015 - TOM MTF makes real-time market data free of charge for all retail clients of Interactive Brokers, Lynx and Today's Groep.
- LMAX Exchange adds access to TY3 via Prime XM
29th April 2015 - LMAX Exchange widens distribution of its TY3 liquidity by adding access via Prime XM.
- LMAX Exchange announces LMAX Prime
16th March 2015 - LMAX Exchange launches prime of prime service.
- LMAX Exchange joins the Linux Foundation
12th March 2015 - LMAX Exchange to become part of the Linux Foundation's new Core Infrastructure Initiative.
- ￼￼￼￼￼LMAX Exchange and Z.com Trade extend liquidity solution
9th March 2015 - Solution will enable the MT4 clients of Z.com Trade to access no 'Last Look' liquidity from LMAX Exchange via PrimeXM.
- LSEG's BTS trading solution offers direct connection to Turquoise
26th February 2015 - Connection facilitates order book trading and in more than 4,000 securities. Members have single point of connectivity to all LSEG markets. Turquoise Level 2 data added to BTS.
- LMAX Exchange partners with Z.com Trade
19th January 2015 - LMAX Exchange announces partnership with retail FX provider GMO- Z.com Trade UK.
- Euronext launches the 'Euronext Expert Market'
3rd December 2014 - First electronic trading platform for non-listed securities launched by a European Exchange.
- Tom Gould joins LMAX Exchange as head of US Sales
24th November 2014 - LMAX Exchange appoints former e-FX Sales Director at Bank of America to drive growth in the US.