Commodities Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- CFTC launches virtual currency resource web page
18th December 2017 -
- EEX and IncubEx to enhance environmental and commodity markets
2nd August 2017 - EEX and IncubEx join forces to develop and expand global environmental and commodity markets
- Latency arbitrageur sues FXCM for cancelling trades
31st July 2017 - Last Look at Long Last
- Everbright Photon selects Horizon Software
26th June 2017 - Everbright Photon chooses Horizon for trading & market making China's new commodity options.
- Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange trials blockchain for verification and record-keeping
15th June 2017 - Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange partners with Kynetix and Everledger to trial first-ever blockchain verification and record-keeping service for diamond trading.
- Codel partners with GMEX
22nd May 2017 - Codel partners with GMEX to deliver a paradigm shift for commodity trading. Codel makes key appointments to Board of directors.
- Thomson Reuters and Eka Software announce strategic alliance
3rd May 2017 - Eka's Commodity Analytics Cloud solution integrates Thomson Reuters data feeds.
- Deutsche Boerse's EEX acquires US based Nodal Exchange
3rd March 2017 - Deutsche Boerse's European Energy Exchange taps the US commodity market with the acquisition of Nodal Exchange.
- Exegy launches market data vendor service
27th February 2017 - Exegy launches vending services for direct market data feeds from United States equities, commodities, and derivatives markets.
- Diamonds mark engagement
16th February 2017 - Singapore Diamond Investment Exchange partners with the Multi Commodity Exchange of India to launch spot and derivatives contracts on diamonds in India.
- Nasdaq Commodities and Saxo Bank expand access to Nordic Power Products
6th February 2017 - Small and medium sized companies in the Nordic region can access Nordic Power futures on SaxoTraderGO platform.
- Accenture, CME Group and TMX Group join blockchain startup
3rd February 2017 - Accenture, CME Group and TMX Group have joined The Chamber of Digital Commerce, the trade association representing the digital asset and blockchain industry.
- IPSX chooses Cinnober for exchange technology
14th December 2016 - First regulated stock exchange to be dedicated to trading of commercial property securities.
- FEX Global confirms CME Clearing Europe as clearing service provider
28th October 2016 -
- Marex Spectron launches NEON technology platform
29th September 2016 - Commodities broker Marex Spectron announces NEON Platform, a trading, risk and data platform.
- Saxo announces new order execution model for FX and CFD Indices
27th September 2016 - Saxo Bank is launching a new order driven execution model for FX Spot, FX Forwards and CFDs on Indices and Commodities.
- Nasdaq appoints former Virtu SVP as Global Head of Fixed Income
23rd September 2016 - Nasdaq names John Shay as SVP and Global Head of Fixed Income and Commodities.
- LMAX Exchange becomes liquidity provider for MetaTrader 5
19th September 2016 - LMAX Exchange becomes liquidity provider for MetaTrader 5.
- Nasdaq Commodities launches OptionsCity's City Platform for European Power Products
14th September 2016 - OptionsCity's Software City Platform offers direct access to Nasdaq Commodities Nordic and German power markets.
- BGC Partners appoints SVP and Head of Carbon Markets
9th August 2016 - Carbon trading veteran John Battaglia joins BGC Partners to lead Carbon Markets desk.
- Marex Financial joins ECC and ICE Endex
28th July 2016 - Marex Financial becomes a member of European Commodity Clearing and ICE Endex.
- Marex Spectron deploys OptionsCity Metro for market-making commodity desk
20th June 2016 -
- OpenLink/Baringa white paper: New horizon in treasury management for commodity intensive corporates
19th May 2016 - OpenLink and Baringa launch new research exploring the best practice in treasury management for commodity intensive corporates.
- Markit acquires interest in PRIMA
9th May 2016 - Markit acquires interest in commodities price reporting agency PRIMA.
- CFTC Staff clarifies registration relief for non US CPOs & CTAs
10th March 2016 - No-action relief confirms an exemption from CFTC registration for non-US asset managers when trading uncleared swaps in the United States for non US clients.
- Nasdaq Commodities launches German Wind Index Futures
8th December 2015 - Contracts to use the Renewable Wind Index for Germany, the NAREX-WIDE, as underlying.
- Thomson Reuters expands commodities supply chain analysis in Eikon
8th December 2015 - Global crude oil, agriculture and liquefied natural gas added to trade flow service that provides insight into the supply chain in commodities markets.
- Platts launches Platts Analytics.
26th October 2015 - Comprehensive insight to improve commodity market forecast.
- Orc adds connectivity to FEX Global
12th October 2015 - Orc offers market access to new Asian based execution venue FEX Global.
- FIX announces Digital Currency & Blockchain Working Group
12th October 2015 - Working Group to identify, analyse and define use cases and integration points for digital currency and distributed ledger technologies.