OTC Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- TP ICAP acquires Coex Partners
30th November 2017 - TP ICAP acquires Coex Partners, the provider of trade advisory and execution services in listed derivatives and OTC foreign exchange
- NEX Data launches BrokerTec US Treasury Benchmarks
28th November 2017 -
- NEX Optimisation's triCalculate adds KVA analytics for pricing derivatives trades
16th November 2017 -
- IHS Markit's MarkitSERV enables end-to-end automation for cross-currency swaps
8th November 2017 - Integrations with CLS and LCH SwapAgent reduce post trade risk and cost in managing complex OTC derivatives
- CloudMargin unveils 'FlightPlan' for OTC derivatives community
15th August 2017 - CloudMargin's FlightPlan interactive microsite to help financial institutions navigate uncleared margin regulations through 2020
- SIX and Nasdaq to develop OTC blockchain tech
9th August 2017 - SIX Swiss Exchange and Nasdaq to develop distributed ledger technology for SIX's OTC structured products
- NEX Data launches EBS FX Benchmarks
27th July 2017 - NEX Data has launched the 'EBS FX Benchmarks', a series of 30-minute FX fixings.
- NEX Optimisation launches automated Settlement Netting Service
3rd July 2017 - New service deploys Traiana tech to launch automated Settlement Netting Service for OTC FX, future expansion planned to all asset classes.
- NEX Optimisation's triReduce compression service surpasses USD 1 quadrillion
28th June 2017 - NEX Optimisation's triReduce compression service surpasses $1 quadrillion in notional principal eliminated by market participants.
- Seabury Global Markets and Nobel create non-fractional reserve bank
15th May 2017 - Seabury Global Markets and Noble Bank International enter strategic partnership.
- TriOptima adds triCalculate MVA service to XVA analytics suite
2nd May 2017 - triCalculate offers a Margin Valuation Adjustment (MVA) service to price whole portfolios and new OTC derivative trades.
- The Derivatives Service Bureau opens User Acceptance Testing for OTC ISINs
3rd April 2017 - Latest provisional OTC derivative product definitions also available for industry review.
- CloudMargin and SmartDX address EU, UK, US variation margin rules
27th February 2017 - CloudMargin and SmartDX collaborate to help derivatives market participants meet new variation margin rules imposed this week.
- HSBC Private Bank in Switzerland adopts Bloomberg's collateral management services
11th January 2017 - HSBC Private Bank in Switzerland adopts Bloomberg's collateral management services ahead of stricter margin requirements for OTC derivatives across multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
- IHS Markit adds CME Clearing to derivatives netting synchronization service
13th December 2016 - CME Clearing deploys IHS Markit's MarkitSERV netting synchronization service.
- EU proposes rules for the recovery and resolution of CCPs
28th November 2016 - The European Commission has set out new rules to ensure that systemic market infrastructures in the financial system, known as Central Counterparties (CCPs), can be dealt with effectively when things go wrong.
- DTCC adds new Canadian trade reporting capabilities to GTR
21st November 2016 - Utility now supports derivatives trade reporting capabilities for all provinces and territories.
- AcadiaSoft acquires DTCC's ProtoColl collateral management service
21st November 2016 - Purchase creates central margining platform for OTC derivatives to meet new regulatory requirements.
- TriOptima and SwapClear include first client-cleared trades in triReduce swap compression cycle
24th October 2016 - First client-cleared trades included in the most recent SwapClear compression cycle for Canadian Dollar (CAD) interest rate swaps.
- More banks join Sentinel as initiative prepares for MiFID II
19th September 2016 - Project Sentinel numbers increase as initiative starts work with its short-listed technology partners.
- Eris Exchange opens London office
9th September 2016 - Eris Exchange announces sales and marketing appointments to support new London expansion.
- CME authorized to provide clearing in HK
7th September 2016 - Chicago Mercantile Exchange receives authorization to provide OTC clearing and settlement services and designation as a central counterparty by Hong Kong's Securities and Futures Commission.
- Project Sentinel completes MiFID II technology specification
28th July 2016 - Project Sentinel, the bank collaboration to mutualise the cost of MiFID II implementation in the OTC front office, has completed the detailed business requirements that meet MiFID II regulatory obligations.
- ESMA consults on proposed central clearing delay for small financial counterparties
13th July 2016 -
- EDHEC-Risk Institute: New margin regulations for the non-cleared OTC derivatives to reduce systemic risk
27th June 2016 -
- Exane selects SimCorp Dimension
22nd June 2016 -
- Catena survey reveals concerns over data quality
16th June 2016 - Catena OTC derivatives trade reporting survey reveals 80% of market extremely concerned with data quality.
- Thomson Reuters expands distribution arrangement with OTC Markets
14th June 2016 - Thomson Reuters expands its distribution arrangement with OTC Markets Group to include OTC Markets Group's End-of-Day Pricing Data for OTCQX, OTCQB and Pink securities.
- NRI launches VOLCS multipurpose management system
13th June 2016 - Nomura Research Institute system provides due day management for structured bonds, OTC derivatives and cash management.
- NetOTC puts initiative for margining non-cleared OTC derivatives on hold
9th June 2016 -