Derivatives Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- HSBC Private Bank in Switzerland adopts Bloomberg's collateral management services
11th January 2017 - HSBC Private Bank in Switzerland adopts Bloomberg's collateral management services ahead of stricter margin requirements for OTC derivatives across multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
- IHS Markit launches solution to address Section 871(m) compliance
11th January 2017 - Brown Brothers Harriman and other financial institutions sign on as early adopters.
- ANNA consults on fee models for Derivatives Service Bureau
9th January 2017 - The Association of National Numbering Agencies has opened the fee model consultation for the ANNA Derivatives Service Bureau.
- IHS Markit adds CME Clearing to derivatives netting synchronization service
13th December 2016 - CME Clearing deploys IHS Markit's MarkitSERV netting synchronization service.
- CFTC approves CME Clearing Europe as a derivatives clearing organization
30th November 2016 - CFTC grants CME Clearing Europe registration as a derivatives clearing organization.
- Euronext selects LiquidMetrix for best execution analytics platform
22nd November 2016 - Euronext chooses Strategic Insight's LiquidMetrix for its best execution analytics platform.
- BGC Brokers' Capitalab launches portfolio compression service for FX Options and Interest Rate Caps and Floors
22nd November 2016 - BGC Brokers' Capitalab extends its portfolio compression service to FX Derivatives and Interest Rate Caps and Floors; Reaches $3.5 trillion in Interest Rate Swaptions.
- AcadiaSoft acquires DTCC's ProtoColl collateral management service
21st November 2016 - Purchase creates central margining platform for OTC derivatives to meet new regulatory requirements.
- LCH to launch LCH SwapAgent
2nd November 2016 - LCH announces new service for the non-cleared derivatives market. Eleven dealers confirm support.
- SEC staff provides additional economic analysis on proposed derivatives rule
2nd November 2016 - Securities and Exchange Commission staff made available additional economic analysis related to the Commission's proposed rule regarding the use of derivatives by registered funds and business development companies.
- Smart Communications and IHS Markit launch ISDA 2016 Credit Support Annex for Variation Margin
27th October 2016 - New functionality supports regulatory margin requirements for non-cleared derivatives.
- FIA and FIA Japan sign formal affiliation agreement
20th October 2016 - Walt Lukken, president and CEO of FIA, and Yasuo Mogi, Vice Chairman of FIA Japan sign a formal agreement affiliating the two organizations.
- BNP Paribas selects Fidessa's derivatives trading platform
17th October 2016 - BNP Paribas has consolidated its global listed derivatives services onto a single, standardised platform hosted by Fidessa.
- OpenGamma Raises USD 13.3 Million from Accel and ICAP
9th October 2016 - ICAP, Accel and ex-Sungard CEO invest in derivatives push.
- Curve Global does some trades on launch day
26th September 2016 -
- ESMA consults on trading obligation for derivatives
21st September 2016 - The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published a discussion paper regarding the trading obligation under the Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR).
- ISDA calls for standardised derivatives infrastructures
16th September 2016 - A new whitepaper published by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association identifiies opportunities for greater standardisation and automation of derivatives trade processes.
- Object Trading first vendor to conform to ASX's new trading platform
15th September 2016 - Object Trading prepares clients for ASX's derivatives platform upgrade.
- Numerix announces software integration with MATLAB
14th September 2016 - Numerix delivers enterprise functionality with MATLAB for derivatives pricing, advanced structuring and risk management.
- FIA welcomes regulatory focus on central counterparty risk
16th August 2016 - FIA welcomes today's publication of reports from the Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructures, the International Organization of Securities Commissions, and the Financial Stability Board as an important step in ensuring the safety and resilience of the derivatives clearing infrastructure globally.
- ThinkForex rebrands as ThinkMarkets, launches ThinkTrader
15th July 2016 - ThinkForex rebrands to ThinkMarkets, launches ThinkTrader - its own proprietary trading platform.
- EDHEC-Risk Institute: New margin regulations for the non-cleared OTC derivatives to reduce systemic risk
27th June 2016 -
- Brexit: FIA compiles resource page
24th June 2016 - FIA memorandum outlines likely next steps and near-term consequences for the cleared derivatives industry.
- Catena survey reveals concerns over data quality
16th June 2016 - Catena OTC derivatives trade reporting survey reveals 80% of market extremely concerned with data quality.
- Horizon and Thomson Reuters to collaborate in China
15th June 2016 - Collaboration to provide a 'one-stop-shop' derivatives trading platform, along with Chinese market data, for quantitative trading to the Chinese market.
- NRI launches VOLCS multipurpose management system
13th June 2016 - Nomura Research Institute system provides due day management for structured bonds, OTC derivatives and cash management.
- truePTS names former ICE exec Zohar Hod as CEO
8th June 2016 - Former ICE executive Zohar Hod to lead truePTS derivatives push.
- Torstone's Inferno goes live in Myanmar
8th June 2016 - Torstone brings Inferno post-trade service to Myanmar's securities market.
- CME Group and CloudMargin announce collateral management service
8th June 2016 - CME Group and CloudMargin collaborate to deliver an integrated collateral management service for cleared and non-cleared margin.
- Credit Suisse selects FIS Derivatives Utility
24th May 2016 - Credit Suisse has selected the Derivatives Utility from FIS for its post-trade futures and cleared over-the-counter derivatives operations and technology.