Derivatives Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- FIA launches interactive FCM Tracker
13th April 2017 - FCM Tracker provides users with detailed insights into global derivatives markets.
- Sucden selects BSO for London/Hong Kong connectivity
4th April 2017 - Sucden Financial picks BSO for global network connectivity into Hong Kong.
- The Derivatives Service Bureau opens User Acceptance Testing for OTC ISINs
3rd April 2017 - Latest provisional OTC derivative product definitions also available for industry review.
- Euronext and Morningstar to launch European indices and derivatives
20th March 2017 - Euronext and Morningstar announce new range of Morningstar European indices and associated instruments, traded on Euronext.
- Citi live on CurveGlobal
16th March 2017 - Citi to provide execution and clearing for interest rate derivatives futures via LSEDM and LCH.
- Nasdaq Clearing joins CloudMargin platform
13th March 2017 - Nasdaq and CloudMargin partner to manage cleared and non-cleared derivatives collateral.
- Torstone Technology expands in Japan
7th March 2017 - Torstone Technology signs deal with Natixis Japan Securities, appoints head of APAC.
- Exegy launches market data vendor service
27th February 2017 - Exegy launches vending services for direct market data feeds from United States equities, commodities, and derivatives markets.
- CloudMargin and SmartDX address EU, UK, US variation margin rules
27th February 2017 - CloudMargin and SmartDX collaborate to help derivatives market participants meet new variation margin rules imposed this week.
- Credit Agricole CIB implements Orchestrade for trading and risk
21st February 2017 - Crédit Agricole CIB deploys Orchestrade to replace for trading and risk legacy systems.
- JPX takes minority stake in OpenGamma
1st February 2017 - Japan Exchange Group has taken a minority stake in OpenGamma, a provider of derivatives risk analytics.
- HSBC Private Bank in Switzerland adopts Bloomberg's collateral management services
11th January 2017 - HSBC Private Bank in Switzerland adopts Bloomberg's collateral management services ahead of stricter margin requirements for OTC derivatives across multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
- IHS Markit launches solution to address Section 871(m) compliance
11th January 2017 - Brown Brothers Harriman and other financial institutions sign on as early adopters.
- ANNA consults on fee models for Derivatives Service Bureau
9th January 2017 - The Association of National Numbering Agencies has opened the fee model consultation for the ANNA Derivatives Service Bureau.
- IHS Markit adds CME Clearing to derivatives netting synchronization service
13th December 2016 - CME Clearing deploys IHS Markit's MarkitSERV netting synchronization service.
- CFTC approves CME Clearing Europe as a derivatives clearing organization
30th November 2016 - CFTC grants CME Clearing Europe registration as a derivatives clearing organization.
- Euronext selects LiquidMetrix for best execution analytics platform
22nd November 2016 - Euronext chooses Strategic Insight's LiquidMetrix for its best execution analytics platform.
- BGC Brokers' Capitalab launches portfolio compression service for FX Options and Interest Rate Caps and Floors
22nd November 2016 - BGC Brokers' Capitalab extends its portfolio compression service to FX Derivatives and Interest Rate Caps and Floors; Reaches $3.5 trillion in Interest Rate Swaptions.
- AcadiaSoft acquires DTCC's ProtoColl collateral management service
21st November 2016 - Purchase creates central margining platform for OTC derivatives to meet new regulatory requirements.
- LCH to launch LCH SwapAgent
2nd November 2016 - LCH announces new service for the non-cleared derivatives market. Eleven dealers confirm support.
- SEC staff provides additional economic analysis on proposed derivatives rule
2nd November 2016 - Securities and Exchange Commission staff made available additional economic analysis related to the Commission's proposed rule regarding the use of derivatives by registered funds and business development companies.
- Smart Communications and IHS Markit launch ISDA 2016 Credit Support Annex for Variation Margin
27th October 2016 - New functionality supports regulatory margin requirements for non-cleared derivatives.
- FIA and FIA Japan sign formal affiliation agreement
20th October 2016 - Walt Lukken, president and CEO of FIA, and Yasuo Mogi, Vice Chairman of FIA Japan sign a formal agreement affiliating the two organizations.
- BNP Paribas selects Fidessa's derivatives trading platform
17th October 2016 - BNP Paribas has consolidated its global listed derivatives services onto a single, standardised platform hosted by Fidessa.
- OpenGamma Raises USD 13.3 Million from Accel and ICAP
9th October 2016 - ICAP, Accel and ex-Sungard CEO invest in derivatives push.
- Curve Global does some trades on launch day
26th September 2016 -
- ESMA consults on trading obligation for derivatives
21st September 2016 - The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published a discussion paper regarding the trading obligation under the Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MiFIR).
- ISDA calls for standardised derivatives infrastructures
16th September 2016 - A new whitepaper published by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association identifiies opportunities for greater standardisation and automation of derivatives trade processes.
- Object Trading first vendor to conform to ASX's new trading platform
15th September 2016 - Object Trading prepares clients for ASX's derivatives platform upgrade.
- Numerix announces software integration with MATLAB
14th September 2016 - Numerix delivers enterprise functionality with MATLAB for derivatives pricing, advanced structuring and risk management.