Derivatives Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Thomson Reuters introduces MiFID II compliant MTF for FX derivatives trading
15th December 2017 - Thomson Reuters MTF provides FXall and Forwards Matching users a compliant source of liquidity
- truePTS establishes strategic relationships with J.P. Morgan and Citi
13th December 2017 - truePTS signs up J.P. Morgan and Citi as the initial bank clients for its post-trade processing service, set to go live in early 2018
- NEX Optimisation's triCalculate adds KVA analytics for pricing derivatives trades
16th November 2017 -
- IHS Markit's MarkitSERV enables end-to-end automation for cross-currency swaps
8th November 2017 - Integrations with CLS and LCH SwapAgent reduce post trade risk and cost in managing complex OTC derivatives
- Merrill Lynch fined 34.5 million GBP for failing to report transactions
25th October 2017 - FCA highlights that non-reporting is more than a misdemeanour
- Derivatives industry joins forces to launch Futuresfundamentals.org education resource
18th October 2017 - FIA, CME Group, NFA, The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM) and CME Group Foundation to support the formation of an online resource for derivatives education
- CME Group opens Sydney office
6th October 2017 - CME Group has announced the official opening of a new office in Australia
- Abu Dhabi Global Market is now an ISDA recognised netting jurisdiction
25th September 2017 - International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) has recognised Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) as an effective netting regime with immediate effect
- ITG and OpTech to form Matrix Holding Group
22nd September 2017 - ITG has signed a definitive agreement with Option Technology Solutions (OpTech) to form Matrix Holding Group, a newly established derivatives execution and technology business.
- ISDA: Brexit - CCP Location and Legal Uncertainty
22nd August 2017 - ISDA urges UK and EU to agree on post-Brexit transitional provisions for contracts under English law to reduce complexity and costs for all market participants
- CloudMargin unveils 'FlightPlan' for OTC derivatives community
15th August 2017 - CloudMargin's FlightPlan interactive microsite to help financial institutions navigate uncleared margin regulations through 2020
- Vietnam's first derivatives market and clearing house goes live in partnership with GMEX Group
10th August 2017 - GMEX Group collaborates with Hanoi Stock Exchange and Vietnam Securities Depository for first derivatives market and fully integrated central counterparty clearing house in Vietnam
- NRI and Mizuho Bank use AI to alleviate derivative contract operation pain
1st August 2017 - NRI and Mizuho Bank research addresses applications of AI in eliminating tedious derivative contract procedures
- BBVA and Bloomberg offer structured product prices in real-time
28th June 2017 - Bloomberg's derivatives library helps institutional investors create, price and manage structured products investments.
- NEX Optimisation's triReduce compression service surpasses USD 1 quadrillion
28th June 2017 - NEX Optimisation's triReduce compression service surpasses $1 quadrillion in notional principal eliminated by market participants.
- FIA launches interactive FCM Tracker
13th April 2017 - FCM Tracker provides users with detailed insights into global derivatives markets.
- Sucden selects BSO for London/Hong Kong connectivity
4th April 2017 - Sucden Financial picks BSO for global network connectivity into Hong Kong.
- The Derivatives Service Bureau opens User Acceptance Testing for OTC ISINs
3rd April 2017 - Latest provisional OTC derivative product definitions also available for industry review.
- Euronext and Morningstar to launch European indices and derivatives
20th March 2017 - Euronext and Morningstar announce new range of Morningstar European indices and associated instruments, traded on Euronext.
- Citi live on CurveGlobal
16th March 2017 - Citi to provide execution and clearing for interest rate derivatives futures via LSEDM and LCH.
- Nasdaq Clearing joins CloudMargin platform
13th March 2017 - Nasdaq and CloudMargin partner to manage cleared and non-cleared derivatives collateral.
- Torstone Technology expands in Japan
7th March 2017 - Torstone Technology signs deal with Natixis Japan Securities, appoints head of APAC.
- Exegy launches market data vendor service
27th February 2017 - Exegy launches vending services for direct market data feeds from United States equities, commodities, and derivatives markets.
- CloudMargin and SmartDX address EU, UK, US variation margin rules
27th February 2017 - CloudMargin and SmartDX collaborate to help derivatives market participants meet new variation margin rules imposed this week.
- Credit Agricole CIB implements Orchestrade for trading and risk
21st February 2017 - Crédit Agricole CIB deploys Orchestrade to replace for trading and risk legacy systems.
- JPX takes minority stake in OpenGamma
1st February 2017 - Japan Exchange Group has taken a minority stake in OpenGamma, a provider of derivatives risk analytics.
- HSBC Private Bank in Switzerland adopts Bloomberg's collateral management services
11th January 2017 - HSBC Private Bank in Switzerland adopts Bloomberg's collateral management services ahead of stricter margin requirements for OTC derivatives across multiple regulatory jurisdictions.
- IHS Markit launches solution to address Section 871(m) compliance
11th January 2017 - Brown Brothers Harriman and other financial institutions sign on as early adopters.
- ANNA consults on fee models for Derivatives Service Bureau
9th January 2017 - The Association of National Numbering Agencies has opened the fee model consultation for the ANNA Derivatives Service Bureau.
- IHS Markit adds CME Clearing to derivatives netting synchronization service
13th December 2016 - CME Clearing deploys IHS Markit's MarkitSERV netting synchronization service.