Debt Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- ITG launches fixed income TCA platform
17th July 2017 - New tool helps traders improve performance and demonstrate best execution.
- OpenDoor completes 10 million USD Series A funding round
27th June 2017 - OpenDoor Securities has raised $10 million in a Series A investment round from private investors.
- EBS BrokerTec to be renamed NEX Markets
5th May 2017 - NEX will no longer use EBS BrokerTec, entire business to be known as NEX Markets.
- DTCC repo clearing services gain regulatory approval
3rd May 2017 - Broader institutional marketplace can access FICC repo clearing, reducing risk and increasing potential for capital relief.
- AllianceBernstein selects Bloomberg evaluated pricing for US fixed income securities
2nd May 2017 - Bloomberg's evaluated pricing service provides evaluated pricing to compare and corroborate the asset manager's internal valuations for fixed income securities.
- Ipreo announces FIX interface for fixed income new issues
26th April 2017 - Ipreo connects buy-side trading systems to Investor Access to facilitate the placement of orders and receipt of allocations electronically.
- MarketAxess goes live with MDX Technology to enhance open trading
26th April 2017 - Provides counterparties with solution for subscribing to market data and publishing axes.
- BrokerTec Europe completes e-MID SIM SpA acquisition
31st March 2017 - Transaction offers BrokerTec Europe a footprint in the Italian debt and money markets.
- Bloomberg announces standardized total return swaps on the Bloomberg Barclays Indices
30th March 2017 - Offers investors synthetic exposure to the most widely-used fixed income benchmarks.
- DTCC plans to expand centrally cleared tri-party repo services available to non-broker dealers
28th March 2017 - The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation's (DTCC) Fixed Income Clearing Corporation (FICC) subsidiary plans to expand its range of centrally cleared tri-party repo services available to non-broker dealers, beginning in the second quarter of 2017.
- Dennis King joins BTIG as MD in Debt Capital Markets.
21st March 2017 - BTIG adds Debt Capital Markets Expertise with appointment of Dennis King as Managing Director.
- SIX develops blockchain based bond issuing solution
17th March 2017 - Prototype covers bond life-cycle enabling the issuing of bonds as smart contracts that specify dates coupon payments are made, how much, and how/when repayments occur.
- Thomson Reuters Eikon adds FactEntry's Credit Corporate Actions App
16th March 2017 - Available on Thomson Reuters App Studio, app enables users to track events affecting fixed income instruments, CDS and bond spreads.
- BTIG Fixed Income Credit Group adds Michael Stewart and Michael Di Felice
15th March 2017 -
- Eris Swap Futures now supported on Bloomberg TOMS
15th March 2017 - Sell-side clients can now add Eris swap futures to fixed income portfolios.
- Corvil improves fixed income trading technology
15th March 2017 - New type of visibility to optimize trading performance in evolving fixed income markets.
- LSEG to launch new International Securities Market
9th March 2017 - London Stock Exchange Group announces an additional market for the issuance of primary debt, the International Securities Market (ISM).
- John Agnew, Drew Hall and Evan Jones join BTIG's Fixed Income Credit Group
28th February 2017 - BTIG strengthens Fixed Income Credit Group with John Agnew, Drew Hall and Evan Jones.
- Christophe Roupie joins MarketAxess
28th February 2017 - MarketAxess appoints former AXA Investment Global Head of Trading Christophe Roupie as Head of Europe and Asia.
- EBS BrokerTec selects Nasdaq SMARTS surveillance tech
17th February 2017 - EBS BrokerTec chooses Nasdaq's SMARTS system to perform surveillance in the US Treasuries, FX and US & EU repo markets.
- Origin launches electronic platform for private placement bond market
9th January 2017 - Origin partners wiith BNP Paribas, BAML, SocGen, Credit Suisse and others to launch electronic platform for €300bn private placement bond market.
- Ipreo implements Investor Access initiative
9th January 2017 - First electronic order submission and allocation processed in fixed income new issue - Investors and banks execute a new issue via Ipreo's Investor Access solution.
- SSGA and Bloomberg expand access to fixed income ETF creation & redemption
19th December 2016 - State Street Global Advisors and Bloomberg announce enhancements to Bloomberg's Fixed Income ETF Basket service.
- BlackRock's Aladdin integrates ICE Continuous Evaluated Pricing tool
5th December 2016 - ICE Data Services' Continuous Evaluated Pricing (CEP) has been integrated into BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin risk and enterprise investment system.
- Euronext and Algomi announce new corporate bond trading facility
3rd November 2016 - Under a ten year strategic partnership agreement, Euronext and Algomi will form a Joint Venture Special Purpose Vehicle, capitalised by Euronext, with technology supplied by Algomi, to improve liquidity in European corporate bond trading.
- Nasdaq appoints former Virtu SVP as Global Head of Fixed Income
23rd September 2016 - Nasdaq names John Shay as SVP and Global Head of Fixed Income and Commodities.
- IHS Markit partners with PiP to enhance Latin American bond pricing
12th September 2016 - IHS Markit, the provider of information, analytics and solutions, has partnered with Proveedor Integral de Precios to offer expanded bond pricing coverage for Latin America.
- BGC Partners to acquire Perimeter Markets
26th August 2016 - BGC Partners announces agreement to buy Perimeter Market, an operator of electronic trading platforms in Canada.
- Algomi announces Synchronicity SaaS solution
3rd August 2016 - Algomi delivers bank data matching engine as SaaS solution with bi-directional FIX connectivity.
- Nicole Shumpert joins EBS BrokerTec
1st August 2016 - TradeWeb's Nicole Shumpert joins EBS BrokerTec to lead expansion of BrokerTec Direct.