Debt Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Ipreo announces FIX interface for fixed income new issues
26th April 2017 - Ipreo connects buy-side trading systems to Investor Access to facilitate the placement of orders and receipt of allocations electronically.
- MarketAxess goes live with MDX Technology to enhance open trading
26th April 2017 - Provides counterparties with solution for subscribing to market data and publishing axes.
- BrokerTec Europe completes e-MID SIM SpA acquisition
31st March 2017 - Transaction offers BrokerTec Europe a footprint in the Italian debt and money markets.
- Bloomberg announces standardized total return swaps on the Bloomberg Barclays Indices
30th March 2017 - Offers investors synthetic exposure to the most widely-used fixed income benchmarks.
- DTCC plans to expand centrally cleared tri-party repo services available to non-broker dealers
28th March 2017 - The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation's (DTCC) Fixed Income Clearing Corporation (FICC) subsidiary plans to expand its range of centrally cleared tri-party repo services available to non-broker dealers, beginning in the second quarter of 2017.
- Dennis King joins BTIG as MD in Debt Capital Markets.
21st March 2017 - BTIG adds Debt Capital Markets Expertise with appointment of Dennis King as Managing Director.
- SIX develops blockchain based bond issuing solution
17th March 2017 - Prototype covers bond life-cycle enabling the issuing of bonds as smart contracts that specify dates coupon payments are made, how much, and how/when repayments occur.
- Thomson Reuters Eikon adds FactEntry's Credit Corporate Actions App
16th March 2017 - Available on Thomson Reuters App Studio, app enables users to track events affecting fixed income instruments, CDS and bond spreads.
- BTIG Fixed Income Credit Group adds Michael Stewart and Michael Di Felice
15th March 2017 -
- Eris Swap Futures now supported on Bloomberg TOMS
15th March 2017 - Sell-side clients can now add Eris swap futures to fixed income portfolios.
- Corvil improves fixed income trading technology
15th March 2017 - New type of visibility to optimize trading performance in evolving fixed income markets.
- LSEG to launch new International Securities Market
9th March 2017 - London Stock Exchange Group announces an additional market for the issuance of primary debt, the International Securities Market (ISM).
- John Agnew, Drew Hall and Evan Jones join BTIG's Fixed Income Credit Group
28th February 2017 - BTIG strengthens Fixed Income Credit Group with John Agnew, Drew Hall and Evan Jones.
- Christophe Roupie joins MarketAxess
28th February 2017 - MarketAxess appoints former AXA Investment Global Head of Trading Christophe Roupie as Head of Europe and Asia.
- EBS BrokerTec selects Nasdaq SMARTS surveillance tech
17th February 2017 - EBS BrokerTec chooses Nasdaq's SMARTS system to perform surveillance in the US Treasuries, FX and US & EU repo markets.
- Origin launches electronic platform for private placement bond market
9th January 2017 - Origin partners wiith BNP Paribas, BAML, SocGen, Credit Suisse and others to launch electronic platform for €300bn private placement bond market.
- Ipreo implements Investor Access initiative
9th January 2017 - First electronic order submission and allocation processed in fixed income new issue - Investors and banks execute a new issue via Ipreo's Investor Access solution.
- SSGA and Bloomberg expand access to fixed income ETF creation & redemption
19th December 2016 - State Street Global Advisors and Bloomberg announce enhancements to Bloomberg's Fixed Income ETF Basket service.
- BlackRock's Aladdin integrates ICE Continuous Evaluated Pricing tool
5th December 2016 - ICE Data Services' Continuous Evaluated Pricing (CEP) has been integrated into BlackRock Solutions' Aladdin risk and enterprise investment system.
- Euronext and Algomi announce new corporate bond trading facility
3rd November 2016 - Under a ten year strategic partnership agreement, Euronext and Algomi will form a Joint Venture Special Purpose Vehicle, capitalised by Euronext, with technology supplied by Algomi, to improve liquidity in European corporate bond trading.
- Nasdaq appoints former Virtu SVP as Global Head of Fixed Income
23rd September 2016 - Nasdaq names John Shay as SVP and Global Head of Fixed Income and Commodities.
- IHS Markit partners with PiP to enhance Latin American bond pricing
12th September 2016 - IHS Markit, the provider of information, analytics and solutions, has partnered with Proveedor Integral de Precios to offer expanded bond pricing coverage for Latin America.
- BGC Partners to acquire Perimeter Markets
26th August 2016 - BGC Partners announces agreement to buy Perimeter Market, an operator of electronic trading platforms in Canada.
- Algomi announces Synchronicity SaaS solution
3rd August 2016 - Algomi delivers bank data matching engine as SaaS solution with bi-directional FIX connectivity.
- Nicole Shumpert joins EBS BrokerTec
1st August 2016 - TradeWeb's Nicole Shumpert joins EBS BrokerTec to lead expansion of BrokerTec Direct.
- EBS BrokerTec appoints Global Head of Sales
18th July 2016 - Jim Iorio appointed to EBS BrokerTec Executive Management committee.
- IPC launches Fixed Income Marketplace
8th June 2016 - Solution to enable liquidity sourcing, link market participants and facilitate compliant all-to-all trading.
- Algomi announces Tom Glocer as new Strategic Advisor and appoints Howard Edelstein to board
10th March 2016 -
- ICAP unveils CrossTrade - a solution on its new buy side portal TrueQuote
10th March 2016 -
- Heartwood - Fixed Income Focus: Outlook for 2016
9th December 2015 - Global central bank divergence is expected to be a dominant theme as the Federal Reserve looks to tighten rates, while quantitative easing programmes continue in Europe and Japan. Developed sovereign bond yields are expected to rise moderately and we continue to believe it is prudent to maintain a short duration profile. Credit markets are likely to face more headwinds, although fundamental investors can find select valuation opportunities. By David Absolon, Investment Director at Heartwood Investment Management.