Equities Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Goldman Sachs announces executing broker arrangement with Bloomberg Tradebook
21st November 2017 - Goldman Sachs to offer equities execution services to Bloomberg Tradebook
- Bats Europe renamed as Cboe Europe Equities
17th October 2017 - Bats Europe to be called Cboe Europe Equities, all products rebranded as Cboe offerings
- BTIG adds Christopher Rollins as MD and Head of U.S. Execution Services
2nd October 2017 - Former Goldman Sachs executive Christopher Rollins joins BTIG as Managing Director and Head of U.S. Execution Services
- Deutsche Boerse combines selected Eurex products in low-cost data package for private investors
18th September 2017 - Data for Mini-DAX futures, STOXX Europe 600 derivatives and important equity options free of charge until end of the year
- B3 transfers equities to its multi-asset clearing platform
29th August 2017 - Cinnober's real-time clearing solution now handles post trading process for both the equities and the derivatives markets in Brazil
- Plato Partnership announces new founder members
15th August 2017 - SKAGEN, Cedar Rock Capital and Jefferies join Plato Partnership as founder members
- SIX Repo adds US Equity and Fixed Income securities to CO:RE platform
15th June 2017 - SIX Securities Services' SIX Repo adds two additional security types, US Equities and Fixed income (Treasuries) on its repo trading platform CO:RE, allowing refinancing versus cash.
- STOXX opens HK office, appoints new Head for Greater China
26th May 2017 - STOXX opens HK office to further expand into the Asia Pacific Market and appoints Jay Lin as new Head for Greater China.
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management raises 125 million USD for global impact fund
23rd May 2017 - Morgan Stanley Investment Management has raised more than $125 million in final commitments for its first global impact fund, PMF Integro Fund I.
- SIX Securities Services launches new Equity Index Baskets
8th May 2017 - SIX Repo's repo trading platform CO:RE, owned by SIX Securities Services, has launched two additional European Equity Index Baskets: the CAC 40 and FTSE 100 for equity repo financing.
- Deutsche Bank announces Global Markets Americas hires
13th April 2017 - Deutsche Bank hires Lori Arndt, Christopher McCarthy, and Ronnie Shah for Global Markets Americas.
- Sinolink Securities goes live with Fidessa
6th April 2017 - Fidessa platform selected to support Chinese broker's business growth plans.
- Cowen Group announces acquisition of Convergex
3rd April 2017 - Transaction to enhance Cowen's brokerage and trading services business.
- Sterling Trading Tech acquires Livevol X
21st March 2017 -
- Bats Europe launches buy-side access to new European equities block IOI platform
20th March 2017 - Buy-side firms now have access to Bats LIS, powered by BIDS technology.
- KBC selects Axioma's risk solutions for equities
9th March 2017 - KBC Asset Management to implement Axioma's risk management engine and portfolio optimizer.
- Plato Partnership announces 15 new Partners
6th March 2017 - New Partners include: BBVA Asset Management, Capital International, Commerzbank, Instinet Europe, Jefferies, Legal & General Investment Management, Macquarie Group, RBC Capital Markets, Rosenblatt Securities, Standard Life Investments, T. Rowe Price.
- BTIG appoints Citadel's Amato as Head of ADR Conversion Trading
28th November 2016 - BTIG expands International Trading Group with Head of ADR Conversion Trading Chris Amato.
- SIX Swiss Exchange launches SwissAtMid
18th October 2016 - SIX Swiss Exchange At Midpoint (SwissAtMid) offers price improvement opportunities when trading Swiss equities.
- Barclays launches SPECS portal in Europe
10th October 2016 - SPECS portal offers clients access to order handling settings and preferences.
- Bats, Nasdaq and NYSE collaborate to strengthen US equity markets
11th August 2016 - Bats Global Markets, Nasdaq, and the New York Stock Exchange will work together to harmonize key functions of the U.S. equity markets to increase resiliency during times of extreme volatility.
- Bats Europe announces block trading service - Bats LIS
9th August 2016 - Bats Europe to launch new European equities large in scale negotiation facility called Bats LIS.
- FIX issues new guidelines for post-trade workflow
8th August 2016 - FIX Trading Community releases new guidelines for the use of FIX in post-trade processing for multi asset classes and a common post-trade framework.
- SIP to receive latency reduction... in 2017
22nd July 2016 - Painting racing stripes on Securities Industry Processor to increase speed.
- ITG launches ITG Smart Market Indicator Forecast App
21st July 2016 - ITG Smart Market Indicator Forecast App offers online portal of trading tools/ideas for the institutional trading community.
- Instinet to integrate Nomura US equity research into agency execution platform
16th June 2016 - Instinet to offer US equity research and research sales services through its agency brokerage platform in the Americas.
- Otkritie Capital joins IPC's Financial Markets Network
12th May 2016 - Connection enables institutional investors and fund managers to access Russian market liquidity and Otkritie services.
- Haitong selects Horizon warrant trading solution
11th May 2016 - Haitong International, first Chinese brokerage to issue warrants in Hong Kong, goes live with Horizon.
- Itiviti expands support of equity options markets
4th May 2016 - Itiviti adds ISE and PHLX to expand equity options market reach. Plans for connectivity to Bats.
- TABB: European equity markets being recast by regulatory-driven shockwaves
28th April 2016 - TABB Group Research study details how capital constraints, MiFID II rules surrounding research unbundling, and new dark trading rules are transforming European equity markets.