Equities Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Deutsche Bank announces Global Markets Americas hires
13th April 2017 - Deutsche Bank hires Lori Arndt, Christopher McCarthy, and Ronnie Shah for Global Markets Americas.
- Sinolink Securities goes live with Fidessa
6th April 2017 - Fidessa platform selected to support Chinese broker's business growth plans.
- Cowen Group announces acquisition of Convergex
3rd April 2017 - Transaction to enhance Cowen's brokerage and trading services business.
- Sterling Trading Tech acquires Livevol X
21st March 2017 -
- Bats Europe launches buy-side access to new European equities block IOI platform
20th March 2017 - Buy-side firms now have access to Bats LIS, powered by BIDS technology.
- KBC selects Axioma's risk solutions for equities
9th March 2017 - KBC Asset Management to implement Axioma's risk management engine and portfolio optimizer.
- Plato Partnership announces 15 new Partners
6th March 2017 - New Partners include: BBVA Asset Management, Capital International, Commerzbank, Instinet Europe, Jefferies, Legal & General Investment Management, Macquarie Group, RBC Capital Markets, Rosenblatt Securities, Standard Life Investments, T. Rowe Price.
- BTIG appoints Citadel's Amato as Head of ADR Conversion Trading
28th November 2016 - BTIG expands International Trading Group with Head of ADR Conversion Trading Chris Amato.
- SIX Swiss Exchange launches SwissAtMid
18th October 2016 - SIX Swiss Exchange At Midpoint (SwissAtMid) offers price improvement opportunities when trading Swiss equities.
- Barclays launches SPECS portal in Europe
10th October 2016 - SPECS portal offers clients access to order handling settings and preferences.
- Bats, Nasdaq and NYSE collaborate to strengthen US equity markets
11th August 2016 - Bats Global Markets, Nasdaq, and the New York Stock Exchange will work together to harmonize key functions of the U.S. equity markets to increase resiliency during times of extreme volatility.
- Bats Europe announces block trading service - Bats LIS
9th August 2016 - Bats Europe to launch new European equities large in scale negotiation facility called Bats LIS.
- FIX issues new guidelines for post-trade workflow
8th August 2016 - FIX Trading Community releases new guidelines for the use of FIX in post-trade processing for multi asset classes and a common post-trade framework.
- SIP to receive latency reduction... in 2017
22nd July 2016 - Painting racing stripes on Securities Industry Processor to increase speed.
- ITG launches ITG Smart Market Indicator Forecast App
21st July 2016 - ITG Smart Market Indicator Forecast App offers online portal of trading tools/ideas for the institutional trading community.
- Instinet to integrate Nomura US equity research into agency execution platform
16th June 2016 - Instinet to offer US equity research and research sales services through its agency brokerage platform in the Americas.
- Otkritie Capital joins IPC's Financial Markets Network
12th May 2016 - Connection enables institutional investors and fund managers to access Russian market liquidity and Otkritie services.
- Haitong selects Horizon warrant trading solution
11th May 2016 - Haitong International, first Chinese brokerage to issue warrants in Hong Kong, goes live with Horizon.
- Itiviti expands support of equity options markets
4th May 2016 - Itiviti adds ISE and PHLX to expand equity options market reach. Plans for connectivity to Bats.
- TABB: European equity markets being recast by regulatory-driven shockwaves
28th April 2016 - TABB Group Research study details how capital constraints, MiFID II rules surrounding research unbundling, and new dark trading rules are transforming European equity markets.
- CQG provides MOEX with equities and FX trading
26th April 2016 - CQG's Continuum connects with Moscow Exchange for equities and FX trading.
- Australia Government to open competition in share clearance
30th March 2016 - Treasurer Scott Morrison announces a reform package that opens the door to competition in the clearing of cash equities, acting on the recommendations of the Council of Financial Regulators' Review of Competition in Clearing Australian Cash Equities.
- Bats to provide market and trade data to Money.Net
29th March 2016 - Financial technology provider to utilize the Bats One Feed
- Liquidnet launches trading of Taiwan equities
22nd March 2016 - Buy-side firms can now access institutional liquidity and trading opportunities in 12 Asia-Pacific markets and 44 global markets through Liquidnet.
- JonesTrading expands Asia trading group
14th March 2016 - Names industry veterans Brian Tafaro and Khahlil Kirtman to spearhead effort
- TAIFEX receives SEC Class Relief for index, equity and ETF options
14th March 2016 - The Taiwan Futures Exchange successfully obtains class no-action relief status for its index options, equity options and ETF options from the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
- BOX joins IPC network
2nd December 2015 - BOX Options Exchange joins IPC's equity options marketplace
- Thomson Reuters adds new Eikon app: Buy-Side Optimized Workflow
16th November 2015 - New app tailored specifically to the buy-side equity trader brings key Eikon capabilities together into a single dashboard.
- Huygens launches tactical, risk-focused robo advisor
5th October 2015 - Proprietary predictive analytics monitor equity markets daily, designed to identify periods of elevated U.S. equity market risk.
- TradingScreen announces Pre-Trade Decision Suite
24th September 2015 - TradingScreen Pre-Trade Decision Suite to simplify pre and in-trade decision making process for Equities, Futures, Fixed Income and FX.