Equities Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Plato Partnership announces new founder members
15th August 2017 - SKAGEN, Cedar Rock Capital and Jefferies join Plato Partnership as founder members
- SIX Repo adds US Equity and Fixed Income securities to CO:RE platform
15th June 2017 - SIX Securities Services' SIX Repo adds two additional security types, US Equities and Fixed income (Treasuries) on its repo trading platform CO:RE, allowing refinancing versus cash.
- STOXX opens HK office, appoints new Head for Greater China
26th May 2017 - STOXX opens HK office to further expand into the Asia Pacific Market and appoints Jay Lin as new Head for Greater China.
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management raises 125 million USD for global impact fund
23rd May 2017 - Morgan Stanley Investment Management has raised more than $125 million in final commitments for its first global impact fund, PMF Integro Fund I.
- SIX Securities Services launches new Equity Index Baskets
8th May 2017 - SIX Repo's repo trading platform CO:RE, owned by SIX Securities Services, has launched two additional European Equity Index Baskets: the CAC 40 and FTSE 100 for equity repo financing.
- Deutsche Bank announces Global Markets Americas hires
13th April 2017 - Deutsche Bank hires Lori Arndt, Christopher McCarthy, and Ronnie Shah for Global Markets Americas.
- Sinolink Securities goes live with Fidessa
6th April 2017 - Fidessa platform selected to support Chinese broker's business growth plans.
- Cowen Group announces acquisition of Convergex
3rd April 2017 - Transaction to enhance Cowen's brokerage and trading services business.
- Sterling Trading Tech acquires Livevol X
21st March 2017 -
- Bats Europe launches buy-side access to new European equities block IOI platform
20th March 2017 - Buy-side firms now have access to Bats LIS, powered by BIDS technology.
- KBC selects Axioma's risk solutions for equities
9th March 2017 - KBC Asset Management to implement Axioma's risk management engine and portfolio optimizer.
- Plato Partnership announces 15 new Partners
6th March 2017 - New Partners include: BBVA Asset Management, Capital International, Commerzbank, Instinet Europe, Jefferies, Legal & General Investment Management, Macquarie Group, RBC Capital Markets, Rosenblatt Securities, Standard Life Investments, T. Rowe Price.
- BTIG appoints Citadel's Amato as Head of ADR Conversion Trading
28th November 2016 - BTIG expands International Trading Group with Head of ADR Conversion Trading Chris Amato.
- SIX Swiss Exchange launches SwissAtMid
18th October 2016 - SIX Swiss Exchange At Midpoint (SwissAtMid) offers price improvement opportunities when trading Swiss equities.
- Barclays launches SPECS portal in Europe
10th October 2016 - SPECS portal offers clients access to order handling settings and preferences.
- Bats, Nasdaq and NYSE collaborate to strengthen US equity markets
11th August 2016 - Bats Global Markets, Nasdaq, and the New York Stock Exchange will work together to harmonize key functions of the U.S. equity markets to increase resiliency during times of extreme volatility.
- Bats Europe announces block trading service - Bats LIS
9th August 2016 - Bats Europe to launch new European equities large in scale negotiation facility called Bats LIS.
- FIX issues new guidelines for post-trade workflow
8th August 2016 - FIX Trading Community releases new guidelines for the use of FIX in post-trade processing for multi asset classes and a common post-trade framework.
- SIP to receive latency reduction... in 2017
22nd July 2016 - Painting racing stripes on Securities Industry Processor to increase speed.
- ITG launches ITG Smart Market Indicator Forecast App
21st July 2016 - ITG Smart Market Indicator Forecast App offers online portal of trading tools/ideas for the institutional trading community.
- Instinet to integrate Nomura US equity research into agency execution platform
16th June 2016 - Instinet to offer US equity research and research sales services through its agency brokerage platform in the Americas.
- Otkritie Capital joins IPC's Financial Markets Network
12th May 2016 - Connection enables institutional investors and fund managers to access Russian market liquidity and Otkritie services.
- Haitong selects Horizon warrant trading solution
11th May 2016 - Haitong International, first Chinese brokerage to issue warrants in Hong Kong, goes live with Horizon.
- Itiviti expands support of equity options markets
4th May 2016 - Itiviti adds ISE and PHLX to expand equity options market reach. Plans for connectivity to Bats.
- TABB: European equity markets being recast by regulatory-driven shockwaves
28th April 2016 - TABB Group Research study details how capital constraints, MiFID II rules surrounding research unbundling, and new dark trading rules are transforming European equity markets.
- CQG provides MOEX with equities and FX trading
26th April 2016 - CQG's Continuum connects with Moscow Exchange for equities and FX trading.
- Australia Government to open competition in share clearance
30th March 2016 - Treasurer Scott Morrison announces a reform package that opens the door to competition in the clearing of cash equities, acting on the recommendations of the Council of Financial Regulators' Review of Competition in Clearing Australian Cash Equities.
- Bats to provide market and trade data to Money.Net
29th March 2016 - Financial technology provider to utilize the Bats One Feed
- Liquidnet launches trading of Taiwan equities
22nd March 2016 - Buy-side firms can now access institutional liquidity and trading opportunities in 12 Asia-Pacific markets and 44 global markets through Liquidnet.
- JonesTrading expands Asia trading group
14th March 2016 - Names industry veterans Brian Tafaro and Khahlil Kirtman to spearhead effort