Alternative Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- CoInvestor provides first digital access for advisers into LendInvest's Real Estate Opportunity Fund
6th November 2017 - CoInvestor selected by LendInvest Capital to distribute its £130 mn, Luxembourg based, real estate fund
- Alter Domus launches new third party AIFM management service offering
21st September 2017 - Alter Domus acquires Luxembourg Fund Partners to offer AIFMD compliant ManCo Service through Luxembourg to EU and non-EU third party alternative investment funds
- Colnvestor partners with major fund managers ahead of peak tax season
21st September 2017 - CoInvestor, the alternative assets platform, has partnered with five major fund managers in the run-up to the height of the tax season.
- Clearstream and HedgePole partner on new alternative fund data service
11th September 2017 - Clearstream to offer dynamic and static hedge funds data through HedgePole's web-based technology platform HedgeData.
- Preqin: Alternative assets industry hits record size in 2016
5th September 2017 - Preqin's 2017 Alternative Assets Performance Monitor finds that the industry reached a record $7.8tn in AUM as of the end of 2016. The report also examines horizon returns, public market equivalents, and top performing funds and firms across each alternative asset class
- Abacus Group enhances client portal for alt asset managers
19th June 2017 - Upgrades include transparency into managed services provided by Abacus.
- Neudata names Dr. Robert Benson advisor in London
8th May 2017 - Neudata has announced that Dr. Robert Benson has joined the firm as an investor and business advisor.
- Nasdaq Private Market expands into alternative investments
10th March 2017 - Nasdaq Private Market addresses challenges of fund liquidity with launch of Alternatives.
- Abacus Group announces major expansion in London
19th October 2016 - Managed cloud services provider for alternative investment funds opens second London data centre.
- Preqin releases 2016 alternative assets performance monitor
12th September 2016 - Preqin's report examines performance across the alternative assets industry over a range of metrics, including IRRs, consistent performing managers, and public market equivalents.
- Tullett Prebon appoints head of alternative investments
1st June 2016 - Tullett Prebon Alternatives appoints Alastair Sword as London-based global head.
- Nomura to enter Asia infrastructure business
1st June 2016 - Nomura announces plans to establish a new Asia Infrastructure Project Office to expand and develop its Asia platform.
- SS&C buys Citi's Alternative Investor Services Business for $321 million
14th March 2016 - Combination will create the industry's 2nd largest hedge fund and private equity fund administrator.
- Preqin: Investor sentiment divided over alternative assets
3rd March 2016 - Private equity and real estate investors most positive; natural resources and hedge fund investors more negative.
- MUFG acquires UBS AFS business
14th December 2015 - MUFG Investor Services completes acquisition of UBS Asset Management's Alternative Fund Services business.
- Eagle Alpha raises US$1.8m to enable asset managers exploit alternative data
2nd November 2015 - Online data analyst raises $1.8m in its latest round of funding. Announces new members to its board and advisory panel.
- Quant convictions
25th September 2015 - Gernot Heitzinger is CEO at SMN, a CTA based in Vienna, Austria, operating for some 19 years. Heitzinger tells AT about his quant convictions, diversification in the current market environment, and why he's cynical about forecasts.
- Dynamic strategies
25th September 2015 - In the early 2000s, Bruno Pannetier had a great idea for structured products. Instead of working with static baskets, he would define systematic rules for dynamic strategies. Pannetier tells Automated Trader how that idea has evolved.
- INDOS Financial has $5Bn assets under depositary
15th September 2015 - INDOS Financial, the UK independent AIFMD depositary, announces it has reached the milestone of $5billion of assets under depositary.
- Cayman Islands confident of being granted AIFMD passport - AIMA
19th August 2015 - The Cayman Islands is confident that the pan-European marketing 'passport' will be extended to alternative investment funds set up in the jurisdiction, according to the Alternative Investment Management Association, the global hedge fund industry association.
- ESMA advises on extension of AIFMD passport to non-EU jurisdictions
30th July 2015 - ESMA advises on extension of AIFMD passport to non-EU jurisdictions.
- Newedge: Investors cautiously welcome advanced beta equity investing
30th July 2015 - In a new study produced as part of the Société Générale Prime Services (Newedge) research chair on "Advanced Modelling for Alternative Investments", EDHEC-Risk Institute attempts to give an overall view on alternative equity beta strategies, to determine the areas of usage and to analyse the alternative equity beta practices and perceptions of investment professionals.
- #GAIM2015: Spectre of rising interest rates haunting markets
23rd June 2015 - Hedge funds and investors debated over strategy against a backdrop of uncertainty over how markets will react when interest rates rise in developed markets.
- Preqin: Alternative mutual funds outperform hedge funds in 2014
23rd April 2015 - The average alternative mutual fund delivered returns of 4.36% over the course of 2014, compared to 3.78% for single-manager hedge funds. These funds have a lower minimum investment than single-manager funds, $190,000 and $1.3mn respectively, as well as lower management fees on average (1.04% compared with 1.55%).
- Preqin report: 2014 sees alternative assets industry near $7tn in AUM
21st January 2015 - Preqin launches 2015 Global Alternatives Reports. Industry adds $690bn in assets through 2014, up from the $648bn of asset growth seen in 2013.
- ConvergEx Prime Services introduces new solution for managing liquid alternatives
5th November 2014 - ConvergEx and Portfolioshop develop new service for managing liquid alternatives.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services engages Confluence to launch Annex IV Reporting Services
29th October 2014 - Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services engages Confluence to launch Annex IV Reporting Services.
- NASDAQ OMX private market now open
5th March 2014 - NASDAQ Private Market launches new marketplace for private companies.
- UBS launches Depositary Lite platform
5th March 2014 - UBS Fund Services 'depositary lite' platform to help meet AIFMD requirements.
- SunGard launches Asset Arena Data Connect
10th February 2014 - SunGard introduces cloud-based Asset Arena Data Connect for faster STP processing for alternative investments.