Markets Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- LSEG's Gatelab becomes approved vendor for Bombay Stock Exchange
3rd October 2017 - LSEG's Technology firm Gatelab offers flexible software to enable bespoke risk gateway solutions for BSE
- FTSE Russell announces Annual Country Classification Review
3rd October 2016 - China A-shares possible inclusion as a Secondary Emerging market. Argentina considered for inclusion as a Frontier market. Nigeria considered for possible reclassification to unclassified. Romania considered as a Secondary Emerging market.
- Europol, INTERPOL, and the Basel Institute on Governance partner to address bitcoin crime
13th September 2016 - Collaboration formed to investigate money laundering and terrorism crimes involving virtual currencies.
- NYSE to make adjustments to opening procedure starting Monday
9th September 2016 - Following the decision to eliminate NYSE Rule 48 earlier in the year, NYSE is now ready to have it's new opening procedure in place.
- BIS Triennial Survey: shock as volumes drop
2nd September 2016 -
- Bloomberg to phase out HFT system RTS Tango
20th June 2016 - Almost two years after its acquisition of RTS Realtime Systems (RTS), Bloomberg plans to phase out RTS's high-frequency trading solution.
- AFM study finds no evidence of ghost liquidity and liquidity detection strategies
3rd June 2016 - The Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets' (AFM) has published the results of its investigation into two key arguments against high-frequency trading.
- ESMA's Maijoor: No need for new asset management rules (yet)
19th May 2016 - ESMA chairman Steven Maijoor rejects central bankers' calls for new liquidity management rules for asset managers.
- ￼￼￼￼￼LMAX Exchange and Z.com Trade extend liquidity solution
9th March 2015 - Solution will enable the MT4 clients of Z.com Trade to access no 'Last Look' liquidity from LMAX Exchange via PrimeXM.
- Emerging markets round-up: Korea, Russia, UAE
31st December 2014 - News and updates from around the world of emerging markets.
- CFTC looks to industry for feedback on possible automated trading safeguards
9th September 2013 - The CFTC published what is known as a concept release on possible ways to address risks from automated trading.
- Seismic shocks
14th August 2013 - When the earth moves in a big way, the markets can too. As part of our series on weather and seismic information, Automated Trader talks to a scientist who thinks he may have found a way to gain advance warning of major earthquakes.
- Fidessa deploys FIX messaging for post-trade processing
2nd August 2013 - Fidessa Post-trade confirmation hub first in a series aimed at simplifying post-trade workflow
- OptionsCity expands management team
23rd May 2013 - Timo Pentner joins OptionsCity as executive vice president of services
- Continuum partners with Connamara to develop FIX Bridge
3rd May 2013 - Continuum and Connamara establish FIX Bridge for third-party connectivity
- SunGard launches global intraday data service via Astec Analytics solution
11th February 2013 - SunGard introduces 24-hour real-time streaming of live securities lending transactions to improve price discovery and trading decisions
- LCH.Clearnet plans Australia expansion
12th December 2012 - LCH.Clearnet to extend interest rate swap clearing service to Australian banks
- Sapient Global Markets receives Eris Exchange implementation certification
11th December 2012 - Sapient Global Markets certified under the Eris Certified Implementation Partner Program
- Dion achieves Omgeo accreditation
20th November 2012 - NOVA, provides access to central matching capabilities of Omgeo CTM
- Progress Software announces new DataDirect cloud connectivity management service
6th November 2012 - Beta program to enable simplified access to multiple cloud-based data sources
- Editor's note: Automated Trader Q4 edition now online
19th October 2012 - The latest edition is now online and it's bigger, bolder and more bodacious than ever... Here's a rundown from Editor Adam Cox on what awaits you.
- European Parliament votes for 500 ms resting time, other trading rules
26th September 2012 - The European Parliament will push for a half-second minimum order resting time when it negotiates with the Council of Ministers and the European Commission on the political text for MiFID II.