Central Bank Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- ECB consolidates payments and settlement for Eurosystem
11th December 2017 - Collateral management system to merge 19 national systems into a harmonised single platform
- Bank of England and FCA launch next phase of sterling Libor transition work
30th November 2017 - From January 2018, the market-led Working Group on Sterling Risk-Free Rates will have an extended mandate and broader participation.
- Stress testing the UK banking system: 2017 results
28th November 2017 - The Bank of England has announced the results of its 2017 stress test of the UK banking system
- SONIA reform to be implemented on 23 April 2018
17th October 2017 - The Bank of England has confirmed that its reforms to the SONIA interest rate benchmark will take effect on Monday 23 April 2018
- Banco de la Republica Colombia joins R3
29th August 2017 - Banco de la Republica Colombia joins R3 to test distributed ledger technology
- Belize's Central Bank adopts SWIFT Sanctions Screening
1st August 2017 - Move to strengthen compliance programs across the Latin American region
- BoE survey shows pick-up in FX trading
28th July 2017 - This week the Bank of England (BoE) published its semi-annual survey of FX turnover in the UK, covering the period from November 2016 to April 2017.
- Global code of conduct sets out good FX market practice
25th May 2017 - Foreign Exchange Working Group publishes FX Global Code, a single global code for the wholesale foreign exchange market. Global Foreign Exchange Committee established to maintain the Code in the future.
- EURIBOR reform delayed
5th May 2017 - EURIBOR staying indicative only while SONIA moving to be transaction-based.
- More evidence surfaces of UK economic data being leaked
26th April 2017 - FCA under increasing pressure to act.
- BIS reports on risks and rewards of blockchain tech
28th February 2017 - Bank for International Settlements - Committee on Payments and Market Infrastructures: Distributed ledger in payment, clearing and settlement - an analytical framework.
- Bank of England survey of FX turnover in the UK shows little change in overall volumes
26th January 2017 -
- Bank of Cyprus Holdings lists on London Stock Exchange
20th January 2017 - Bank of Cyprus Holdings lists €1.4 billion business in London.
- BIS report on sterling flash crash highlights option hedging and stop loss orders
13th January 2017 - Rogue algorithms and fat fingers not to blame.
- Bank of England doesn't see systemic risk from algorithms in wake of GBP 'flash crash'
11th October 2016 - Sterling is as Sterling does.
- Banks pessimistic over UK post-Brexit rights on euro derivatives clearing
22nd September 2016 - Executives at global investment banks in London predict Brexit will eventually cost the City the right to clear euro-denominated swaps, currently valued at 570 billion USD.
- OpenDoor hires Michael Paulus to expand central bank footprint
15th September 2016 - JPMorgan Banker joins two new hires in past month for treasury platform.
- Deputy Governor Minouche Shafik to leave BOE
12th September 2016 - Bank of England deputy governor Minouche Shafik to become director of the London School of Economics in September 2017.
- Bank of England cuts bank rate to 0.25%
4th August 2016 - Bank rate cut to 0.25% , package of measures to provide additional monetary stimulus introduced.
- Bank of England leaves bank rate unchanged
14th July 2016 - Bank of England maintains bank rate at 0.5% and the size of the asset purchase programme at £375 billion.
- Statement from the Governor of the Bank of England following the EU referendum result
24th June 2016 -
- Bank of England launches FinTech accelerator
17th June 2016 - Enabling the FinTech transformation: Revolution, Restoration, or Reformation? - speech by Mark Carney.
- BIS releases OTC derivatives stats at end-December 2015
4th May 2016 - The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) has released OTC derivatives statistics at end-December 2015.
- Nomura to establish permanent presence in South Africa
22nd March 2016 - Nomura to provide local and international clients with investment banking services in South Africa and enable expansion across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Heartwood - Thumbs up to the Fed, but now the hard part begins...
17th December 2015 - David Absolon, Investment Director at Heartwood Investment Management, says the Fed communication machine's forward guidance has set the market up well for this hike. Now comes the tricky part.
- Federal Reserve raises interest rates by 0.25%
16th December 2015 - The US Federal Reserve has increased interest rates by 0.25% to a range of 0.25% to 0.5%.
- SNL Financial Report: Regulatory tsunami recedes as BoE says UK banks adequately capitalized
3rd December 2015 - U.K. banks don't need to raise more capital, according to the Bank of England, signaling what could be the end of an era of post-crisis increases in requirements. Report by Jason Webb and Vivien Mae Romo
- Heartwood - China's two speed economy- credible policy support is crucial
6th October 2015 - Comment from Jade Fu, Investment Manager at Heartwood Investment Management, on Heartwood's belief that investors' anxiety surrounding China may have gone too far.
- BNP Paribas celebrates successful transition to T2S in Italy
9th September 2015 - BNP Paribas Securities Services in Milan has migrated over 60,000 positions, accounting for a quarter of the total positions migrated to the platform in Italy, and has processed nearly half a million settlements on T2S since the launch.
- Heartwood: Does a 25-basis point Fed rate hike matter?
8th September 2015 - September's Federal Reserve policy meeting is approaching and there is an increasing focus on the likely policy path adopted by the central bank. The current debate appears to be divided into two camps. By Michael Stanes, investment director at Heartwood Investment Management.