Regulation Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- AMF creates FinTech lab, partners with R3
28th April 2017 - Autorité des Marchés Financiers creates FinTech lab and signs partnership with R3.
- More evidence surfaces of UK economic data being leaked
26th April 2017 - FCA under increasing pressure to act.
- TradeTech poll: Over a third cast doubt over positive impact of MiFID II
26th April 2017 -
- Vela launches European Best Bid Offer solution
26th April 2017 - Vela provides a consolidated view of liquidity for cross-market trading and best execution
- Ullink launches automated post trade data management solution
25th April 2017 - New UL PUBLISHER solution creates a centralised view of post-trade data while mitigating regulatory risk.
- Esprow launches ETP GEMS, the Global Exchanges and Markets Simulation platform
25th April 2017 - ETP GEMS provides an on-demand testing environment to facilitate MiFID II compliance.
- European Commission announces Blockchain Observatory plans
24th April 2017 - The European Parliament has mandated the European Commission to implement a pilot project to build up technical expertise and regulatory capacity with regard to FinTech and Blockchain technologies.
- Aquis Technologies and LiquidMetrix partner to offer analytics
24th April 2017 - Aquis surveillance customers gain access to LiquidMetrix transaction cost analysis.
- Trafigura chooses AxiomSL for trade and transaction reporting
24th April 2017 -
- Itiviti introduces certification solution for FIX order flows
24th April 2017 - New Itiviti MiFID II Certification Solution facilitates testing of FIX order flow and re-certification. Delivered as a deployed solution or as a managed service integrated with existing test facilities.
- Deutsche Bank to pay 156.6 million USD for FX & compliance failures
21st April 2017 - Federal Reserve announces two enforcement actions against Deutsche Bank that will require bank to pay a combined $156.6 million in civil money penalties.
- Bloomberg and Bats Europe announce joint MIFID II reporting initiative
20th April 2017 - Offering to help firms to comply with reporting requirements and manage data reconciliation without having to integrate with multiple systems.
- FCA publishes its Mission and Business Plan
18th April 2017 - The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published its Mission, which gives firms and consumers greater clarity about how the FCA prioritises its interventions in financial markets.
- ITG and ONEaccess offer integrated MiFID II solution
12th April 2017 - ITG and ONEaccess to offer investor clients an integrated solution that simplifies compliance with MiFID II requirements around valuing and paying for research content.
- FactSet and ONEaccess address research tracking and valuation challenges for MIFID II
10th April 2017 - Joint solution enhances the tracking and evaluation of research to help meet regulatory reporting requirements.
- UK regulators investigate Jes Staley, Barclays whistleblower case
10th April 2017 - The Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority investigate Barclays CEO Jes Staley for attempting to identify a whistleblower.
- ESMA publishes updated AIFMD and UCITS Q&As
7th April 2017 -
- ESMA issues final guidelines regarding circuit breakers under MiFID II
7th April 2017 -
- ESMA clarifies market structure issues under MIFID II
6th April 2017 - The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has issued detailed guidance regarding the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) and Regulation (MiFIR).
- SIX Exchange Regulation appoints new heads of trading supervision and issuer regulation
6th April 2017 - Sabir Sheikh to head up issuer regulation and Jared Bibler to be in charge of trading supervision at SIX Exchange Regulation.
- ESMA updates EMIR Q&A and validation rules
4th April 2017 -
- ESMA updates Q&As on MiFIR data reporting
4th April 2017 -
- SIX partners with DTCC to issue LEIs in Switzerland
4th April 2017 - SIX Securities Services partners withThe Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation to offer Legal Entity Identifiers in Switzerland.
- JWG and ClauseMatch announce further RegTech collaboration
3rd April 2017 - ClauseMatch and JWG have announced the development of a solution to simplify and better structure how regulatory changes are driven through internal banking policies.
- FCA publishes near final rules on MiFID II
3rd April 2017 - Firms encouraged to submit applications for MiFID II authorisation.
- Bats' BXTR offers buy-side trade reporting services
3rd April 2017 - New service enables brokers to submit trade reports on behalf of buy-side via BXTR, Bats' trade reporting facility.
- Hundsun and Ullink announce strategic capital markets partnership for China
28th March 2017 - Hundsun connects to NYFIX Marketplace via Ullink network.
- Esprow updates ETP C-Box to automate MiFID II compliance certification
28th March 2017 - Esprow releases ETP C-Box update for automated MiFID II compliance certification.
- DTCC'S legal entity identifier service, GMEI utility, readies industry for MIFID II implementation
27th March 2017 - DTCC receives official accreditation from the GLEIF. SIX collaborates with DTCC's subsidiary operating the GMEI utility to issue LEIs in Switzerland.
- Ullink launches MiFID II trade reporting solution
22nd March 2017 - Multi-asset solution to help firms comply with post-trade transparency rules set to come into force in 2018.