Regulation Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- DTCC names former AMF Director as GTR Chief Compliance Officer
17th January 2017 - DTCC appoints Derek West as Chief Compliance Officer at European Global Trade Repository.
- CFTC approves swaps data proposals and other amendments
16th January 2017 -
- Michael Osnato resigns from SEC
13th January 2017 - Michael J. Osnato, Chief of Enforcement Division's Complex Financial Instruments Unit, to leave SEC.
- Calypso launches cloud services division
12th January 2017 - Calypso Technology announces comprehensive suite of cloud solutions.
- IHS Markit launches solution to address Section 871(m) compliance
11th January 2017 - Brown Brothers Harriman and other financial institutions sign on as early adopters.
- Tradeweb to launch APA service for MiFID II reporting
10th January 2017 - Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan among those selecting Tradeweb APA initiative for MiFIR post-trade reporting services, and MiFID II compliant data solutions.
- AxiomSL rolls out reporting solution for energy & commodities sector
9th January 2017 - AxiomSL extends trade and transactions reporting solutions to the energy and commodities trading sector.
- Basel III reforms meeting postponed
3rd January 2017 - Basel Committee on Banking Supervision says more time needed to finalise reforms.
- SEC charges Chinese traders with law firm hacking
29th December 2016 - Chinese traders charged with trading on hacked nonpublic information stolen from two law firms. Marks first time SEC charges hacking into law firm computer networks.
- Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank settle with DOJ over RMBS
23rd December 2016 - Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank agree $12 billion settlement In principle with U.S. Department of Justice regarding legacy residential mortgage-backed securities.
- French Financial Transaction Tax (FTT) increase effective 02 Jan 2017
23rd December 2016 - Tax rate now 0.3%. Covers intra-day purchases as well.
- Goldman Sachs to pay 120 million USD for swaps benchmark rigging
22nd December 2016 - CFTC orders Goldman Sachs to pay $120 million penalty for attempted manipulation of and false reporting of U.S. Dollar ISDAFIX benchmark swap rates.
- Igor Oystacher settles CFTC Spoofing Suit
21st December 2016 - To pay 2.5 million USD, but can continue trading.
- Advise Technologies releases Bank of Israel Derivatives Reporting module
21st December 2016 - New module addresses the Bank of Israel reporting requirement, which goes into effect on January 1st 2017.
- Axioma: Five trends for asset managers in 2017 as Europe takes centre stage
20th December 2016 - Ian Webster, COO at Axioma, outlines five key trends which could shape the European asset management landscape in 2017, including: active managers turning to quants; analytics getting smarter; and increasing regulatory pressure.
- European Supervisory Authorities consult on Big Data
20th December 2016 - The Joint Committee of the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) has launched a public consultation about the potential benefits and risks of Big Data for consumers and financial firms to determine whether any further regulatory or supervisory actions may be needed.
- Contego acquires Working Status Ltd.
20th December 2016 - Enhanced automated 'Right to Work' ID document checks added to the Contego platform.
- AxiomSL appoints Olivier Kamoun as Chief Product Officer
20th December 2016 -
- Deutsche Bank to pay 37 million USD for misleading dark pool investors
16th December 2016 - Deutsche Bank has agreed to settle charges that it misled clients about the performance of a core feature of its automated order router that primarily sent client orders to dark pools.
- Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Clearing fined for cyber security failings
13th December 2016 - Investigation focused on how the companies manage cyber risks. Nasdaq Clearing receives larger fine due to possible knock on effect for other companies.
- Thomson Reuters consolidates content feeds for compliance
13th December 2016 - All Thomson Reuters Regulatory Intelligence Feeds (TRRI Feeds) are now available in one consolidated feed to help compliance teams manage alerts from financial regulators.
- SEC appoints Associate Director of DERA
13th December 2016 - SEC names Dr. Narahari Phatak Associate Director for Policy in the Division of Economic and Risk Analysis.
- Sapient Global Markets predictions for 2017
12th December 2016 - Sapient Global Markets predicts the top trends they feel will be making an impact in regulation and technology next year.
- Risk Focus to join UnaVista's Partner Programme
12th December 2016 - Partnership enables Risk Focus to deliver the independent controls required by ESMA's MiFIR regulations.
- Enforcement Director Andrew J. Ceresney to leave SEC
9th December 2016 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has announced that Enforcement Director Andrew J. Ceresney will leave the agency by the end of the year.
- BoE investigation finds Citi exacerbated sterling flash crash
7th December 2016 - Sources at the Bank of England have indicated that the official investigation into the sterling flash crash has identified Citi as a culprit.
- Percentile launches tool to address FRTB
7th December 2016 - Percentile introduces RiskMine FRTB Standardised Calculator.
- Thomson Reuters launches ONESOURCE AEOI
7th December 2016 - Thomson Reuters launches enhanced solution to address Common Reporting Standard for the Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI).
- FCA proposes clampdown on CFDs
6th December 2016 - UK's Financial Conduct Authority proposes stricter rules for contract for difference products. Representative analysis finds 82% of clients lose money.
- JPX to register and monitor high frequency traders
5th December 2016 - May I see your license and registration please?