Rates Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Bluecrest LIBOR suit dismissed
28th September 2017 - Former hedge fund was accused of helping to manipulate LIBOR
- FICC's new repo services prove popular with money market funds
26th September 2017 - Higher rates encourage participation
- Frontloading still a thorn in industry's side
2nd September 2014 - Despite a phased-in approach for the clearing obligation, frontloading continues to present major operational challenges for buy side caught in the "category 2" net. AT considers the responses from ESMA's clearing obligation consultation for this and other issues.
- Panther Energy and owner banned from trading for one year, fined over algo practice
23rd July 2013 - A New Jersey-based firm and its owner were heavily fined and prohibited from trading for one year over an unlawful practice using algos for trading in a variety of markets.
- Rate futures volume to get boost from regulation, research group says
26th March 2013 - A report by TABB Group sees interest rate futures volume getting a boost in the first half of this year and beyond.
- RBS hit with $325 mln fine over LIBOR manipulation
6th February 2013 - Royal Bank of Scotland was charged with manipulating Swiss franc and yen LIBOR rates and ordered to pay a hefty fine by the CFTC.
- LCH.Clearnet plans Australia expansion
12th December 2012 - LCH.Clearnet to extend interest rate swap clearing service to Australian banks
- Sapient Global Markets receives Eris Exchange implementation certification
11th December 2012 - Sapient Global Markets certified under the Eris Certified Implementation Partner Program
- CME reportedly sues CFTC over new swap rules
9th November 2012 - Reuters news agency reported on a lawsuit by CME Group over rules requiring exchanges to make available reports of cleared swap transactions to swap data repositories.
- Birth of a market? As Dodd-Frank takes hold, swaps futures are in the limelight
31st October 2012 - A panel discussion at the FIA in Chicago highlighted some of the reasons people are getting excited about swaps futures.
- CFTC's Gensler says reviewing cross-border application comments, consulting with other regulators
23rd October 2012 - The approach the CFTC will take to cross-border application of Dodd-Frank is still under discussion, according to Chairman Gary Gensler. Expect "fine-tuning" to rule making, he says.
- Time to fix Libor, Gensler says
24th September 2012 - Some $300 trillion of notional contracts are affected by Libor rates and the time has come to fix this scandal-plagued system, the chairman of the CFTC said.
- Prepare failed: (144) Table './ATStatistics/logger_ads_imp' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed