Swaps Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- FIA and SIFMA release white paper on U.S. access to non-U.S. trading venues and CCPs
15th December 2017 -
- LCH SwapAgent goes live with Cross-Currency Basis Swaps
1st December 2017 - Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank conduct the first Cross-Currency Basis Swap processed through LCH SwapAgent
- trueEX appoints Kevin Lupowitz as CTO
21st November 2017 - trueEX hires former Liquidnet and FXAll CIO as Chief Technology Officer
- trueEX hires former Deutsche Bank executive Yoshida
26th April 2017 - trueEX appoints Chris Yoshida to lead sales, marketing and strategy.
- Eris Swap Futures now supported on Bloomberg TOMS
15th March 2017 - Sell-side clients can now add Eris swap futures to fixed income portfolios.
- Traiana launches Swaps Centre
27th February 2017 - Traiana launches electronic management of confirmations and payments for equity swaps.
- CFTC approves swaps data proposals and other amendments
16th January 2017 -
- CFTC approves rules for swap dealer capital requirements
5th December 2016 - CFTC unanimously approves proposed rules establishing swap dealer and major swap participant capital requirements.
- trueEX launches first platform for trading and novation of non-cleared derivatives
22nd November 2016 -
- LCH clears over USD 1 trillion in inflation swaps notional
8th November 2016 - Over $1 trillion in inflation swaps since the service launched in April 2015. 43 members, 47 clients and 12 clearing brokers live and clearing GBP, EUR and USD inflation swaps.
- Banks pessimistic over UK post-Brexit rights on euro derivatives clearing
22nd September 2016 - Executives at global investment banks in London predict Brexit will eventually cost the City the right to clear euro-denominated swaps, currently valued at 570 billion USD.
- ISDA publishes new academic paper on single-name CDS market
13th September 2016 - A new academic literature review commissioned by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association concludes that single-name credit default swaps remain an efficient tool for hedging credit risk and can have a positive impact on the economy.
- ICE launches trading platform for single name CDS
3rd August 2016 - Intercontinental Exchange launches ICE Swap for trading cleared single name credit default swaps.
- Ina Olsson to join BGC Partners
28th June 2016 - BGC Partners appoints Ina Olsson to lead Scandinavian swaps and bonds broking team.
- CFTC approves final rule on amendments to the swap portfolio reconciliation requirement
3rd May 2016 -
- triReduce Polish Zloty compression cycle eliminates 40% of PLN notional outstanding in LCH.Clearnet's SwapClear
11th March 2016 -
- CFTC Staff clarifies registration relief for non US CPOs & CTAs
10th March 2016 - No-action relief confirms an exemption from CFTC registration for non-US asset managers when trading uncleared swaps in the United States for non US clients.
- CME Group to launch interest rate swaption clearing
9th March 2016 - CME Group has announced it will begin clearing interest rate swaptions on April 11.
- CFTC orders Deutsche Bank to pay $2.5 million for swaps reporting violations and supervision failures
1st October 2015 - CFTC finds that Deutsche Bank did not diligently address and correct errors until after bank was notified of CFTC investigation.
- FIA selects exhibitors for Innovators Pavilion at Expo
17th September 2015 - FIA announces first eight companies selected for Futures and Options Expo Innovators Pavilion.
- JSE launches Eris Interest Rate Swap Futures
2nd September 2015 - The Johannesburg Stock Exchange has officially launched JSE Eris Interest Rate Swap (IRS) Futures.
- CFTC fines FCStone $200,000 for compliance failures
21st August 2015 - CFTC orders swap dealer INTL FCStone Markets to pay a $200,000 civil monetary penalty for failure to supervise swaps trading.
- CFTC appoints director of the Division of Swap Dealer and Intermediary Oversight
27th July 2015 - Eileen T. Flaherty, former head of compliance at Newedge, named as director of the Division of Swap Dealer and Intermediary Oversight.
- GMEX and Eurex to launch new interest rate CMF product in August
7th July 2015 - As of 7 August 2015, GMEX will provide a Euro-denominated innovative IRS Constant Maturity Future (CMF) for trading and clearing on Eurex.
- LCH.Clearnet launches clearing of European Senior Financials Credit Derivatives
23rd June 2015 - LCH.Clearnet becomes first CCP to offer its members the full range of European Senior Financials indices and single names for clearing,
- TABB Group - 'European Swap Trading: Slow and Steady Wins the Race?'
21st May 2015 - European swaps market delays yielding benefits to end users as final MiFID rules emerge, says TABB.
- JSE and Eris Exchange announce swap futures licensing partnership
15th April 2015 - Johannesburg Stock Exchange to launch interest rate, cross-currency and credit default swap futures based on the Eris Methodology.
- LCH.Clearnet launches inflation swaps clearing
8th April 2015 - LCH.Clearnet becomes first CCP to clear inflation-linked swaps.
- FIA Conference, Boca Raton - CQG launches connectivity to Eris Exchange
10th March 2015 - CQG customers can access Eris Swap Futures for market data, analytics, and trade execution.
- ISDA outlines key principles for further improving regulatory transparency and derivatives trade reporting
26th February 2015 - The International Swaps and Derivatives Association paper outlines a number of key principles and initiatives for regulators, market participants and industry service providers in order to further improve regulatory transparency of derivatives activity.