Government Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- UK Chancellor announces R5-SHCH Connect between Shanghai and London
18th December 2017 - New service will connect banks in China with London's FX market
- UK Government invests 6 million GBP in data innovation with Open Data Institute
17th October 2017 - Innovate UK is providing £6 million over three years to the Open Data Institute (ODI), to advance knowledge and expertise in how data can shape the next generation of public and private services, and create economic growth
- Macron win - industry reactions
8th May 2017 - State Street, RationalFX, Heartwood, and Investec comment on Macron victory in French election.
- Theresa May calls general election for June 8
18th April 2017 - UK Prime Minister cites divisions in Westminster regarding Brexit as reason for calling early general election.
- Fidessa: Article 50 comment
29th March 2017 - Comment from Steve Grob, Director of Strategy at Fidessa on article 50 and financial markets impact.
- Convergex releases 'Take Your Trump-erature' survey results
8th March 2017 - Survey finds almost 74% of respondents think President Trump will have a positive impact on the financial markets while only 40% approve of the job Trump is doing thus far.
- FIA requests review of all financial reform regulation
26th January 2017 - FIA president and CEO Walt Lukken sent an open letter to President Trump and key congressional and regulatory leaders calling for a comprehensive review of all financial reform regulation.
- Brexit: Parliamentary approval ruled necessary to trigger Article 50
24th January 2017 - The UK Supreme Court has ruled that the UK Government must seek parliamentary approval on triggering Article 50.
- Preqin: US Election - Fund managers react
18th November 2016 - Preqin survey finds fund managers broadly optimistic about a Trump presidency's impact on the alternative assets industry, but some concerns remain.
- Aite Group first takes on U.S. election results and impact on financial services industry
9th November 2016 - In the wake of last night's U.S. election outcome, Aite Group analysts consider what the Trump presidency will likely mean for the financial services industry.
- Thomson Reuters to offer live U.S. election day news and commentary
7th November 2016 - Global Markets Forum, available to Eikon messenger users, will provide ongoing news and commentary from senior Reuters editors and reporters.
- High Court rules UK Government cannot trigger Brexit without parliamentary approval
3rd November 2016 - The UK Government needs parliamentary approval to trigger article 50.
- Thomson Reuters launches Eikon Election App
2nd November 2016 - Users can access ongoing market data, Reuters news articles, polls, and analysis for all major segments of the financial markets in one location.
- France increases its Financial Transaction Tax to 0.3%
28th October 2016 - Now covers intra-day transactions as well. Original plan was to go as high as 0.5%.
- UK Government to hold international FinTech conference
26th October 2016 - London will host an international FinTech conference in April 2017 to attract more investment into Britain's FinTech sector.
- Schauble says that transaction tax still possible for '9+' EU member states
11th October 2016 - Never surrender. Ever.
- Banks pessimistic over UK post-Brexit rights on euro derivatives clearing
22nd September 2016 - Executives at global investment banks in London predict Brexit will eventually cost the City the right to clear euro-denominated swaps, currently valued at 570 billion USD.
- UK and Korea form fintech partnership
26th July 2016 - New FinTech bridge will support international expansion of UK and Korean FinTech firms. ￼
- Statement by the UK Chancellor following the EU Referendum
27th June 2016 - Statement by the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne following the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Markit adds Germany to derivatives trade management service
23rd May 2016 - Federal Republic of Germany is newest customer of Markit trade management service for OTC derivatives.
- Britain and Singapore establish fintech bridge
12th May 2016 - New FinTech Bridge to help UK FinTech firms and investors access the Asian market and expand to Singapore, as well as attracting Singaporean FinTech companies and investors to the UK.
- Australia Government to open competition in share clearance
30th March 2016 - Treasurer Scott Morrison announces a reform package that opens the door to competition in the clearing of cash equities, acting on the recommendations of the Council of Financial Regulators' Review of Competition in Clearing Australian Cash Equities.
- Heartwood - Thumbs up to the Fed, but now the hard part begins...
17th December 2015 - David Absolon, Investment Director at Heartwood Investment Management, says the Fed communication machine's forward guidance has set the market up well for this hike. Now comes the tricky part.
- Federal Reserve raises interest rates by 0.25%
16th December 2015 - The US Federal Reserve has increased interest rates by 0.25% to a range of 0.25% to 0.5%.
- Government launches £10m Internet of Things competition for UK cities
14th July 2015 - The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and Innovate UK offer up to £10 million for a single collaborative research and development project to demonstrate the capability of IoT in a city region.
- deVere Group: The Greek 'No' is an important buying opportunity for investors
6th July 2015 - Nigel Green, CEO, deVere Group: "Investors will be bracing themselves for increased volatility thanks to the Greek 'no' and will be gearing up for an important buying opportunity."
- Is Japan's revitalisation real and sustainable?
13th February 2015 - Representatives from the finance industry and the capital markets in Europe and Japan discuss progress and the issues surrounding Japan's economic strategy.
- CEO and MD of US Broker-Dealer plead guilty to massive international bribery scheme
18th December 2014 - Senior Venezuelan banking official received at least $5 million in bribes in exchange for directing business to U.S. defendants.
- UK challenge to banking bonus cap rejected - CIPD responds
20th November 2014 - Disappointed but not surprised, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development responds to decision on UK's challenge to the EU's banking bonus cap.
- UK government consults on extending legislation to seven additional benchmarks
26th September 2014 - Recommendations on additional financial benchmarks to be brought into UK regulatory scope.