People Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Xignite expands leadership team, opens NY office
24th January 2017 - Xignite opens New York office, adds financial services industry veterans.
- LME Chief Executive retires
23rd January 2017 - Garry Jones to retire as London Metal Exchange Chief Executive, Matthew Chamberlain appointed interim Chief Executive.
- CFTC names J. Christopher Giancarlo Acting Chairman
20th January 2017 -
- TP ICAP appoints Iain Plunkett as COO
20th January 2017 - Iain Plunkett to join TP ICAP as Chief Operating Officer in Q2 2017.
- FINRA names Gregory Dean as SVP, Government Affairs
20th January 2017 - Gregory Dean joins FINRA as Senior Vice President, Office of Government Affairs.
Enforcement Director Aitan Goelman to leave CFTC
19th January 2017 - Division of Enforcement Director Aitan Goelman will leave the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on February 3, 2017.
- BTIG appoints Director of Fixed Income Credit
19th January 2017 - BTIG expands Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities Group with Michael Carley, Jr.
- DTCC names former AMF Director as GTR Chief Compliance Officer
17th January 2017 - DTCC appoints Derek West as Chief Compliance Officer at European Global Trade Repository.
- BNY Mellon appoints Jeff McCarthy as CEO, ETFs
16th January 2017 - BNY Mellon names former NASDAQ exec Jeff McCarthy as Chief Executive Officer, Exchange Traded Funds.
- Michael Osnato resigns from SEC
13th January 2017 - Michael J. Osnato, Chief of Enforcement Division's Complex Financial Instruments Unit, to leave SEC.
- Vatsa Narasimha appointed as CEO of OANDA
11th January 2017 - Vatsa Narasimha replaces Ed Eger as Chief Executive Officer of OANDA Global Corporation.
- eVestment appoints former BlackRock Director as Marketing Manager
11th January 2017 - eVestment hires former BlackRock Director Stephen White for key EMEA marketing position in London.
- Romeo Lacher appointed new Chairman of the Board of Directors of SIX
10th January 2017 -
- Arran Rowsell joins BGC Partners
10th January 2017 - BGC Partners appoints Arran Rowsell to strengthen London credit team.
- Equinix appoints MD for Poland
5th January 2017 - Equinix names Robert Busz as Managing Director for Poland.
- Timothy Massad to resign as CFTC Chairman
4th January 2017 - Chairman Timothy G. Massad said he has tendered to President Obama his resignation as Chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, effective on January 20, 2017.
- Ex Deutsche Bank Co-CEO Anshu Jain joins Cantor Fitzgerald
3rd January 2017 - Former Co-CEO of Deutsche Bank joins Cantor Fitzgerald as President.
- BNP Paribas names Group Head for Germany
3rd January 2017 - BNP Paribas appoints Lutz Diederichs to become BNP Paribas' Group Head for Germany in March.
- CBOE directors to step down following Bats deal
23rd December 2016 - Edward Tilly to take on role of both Chairman and CEO. Chairman William Brodsky to step down after nearly 20 years at CBOE.
- James Proudlock appointed Deputy Chief Executive for LME Clear
22nd December 2016 - LME Clear and LME announce the appointment of James Proudlock as Deputy Chief Executive for LME Clear.
- Deutsche Boerse announces appointments to Eurex Product Development
22nd December 2016 - Deutsche Börse's Eurex derivatives business has announced the appointment of Lee Bartholomew and Zubin Ramdarshan to key product development roles.
- David Clark appointed to the board of Thomson Reuters Benchmark Services
20th December 2016 - David Clark has been appointed as an independent non-executive director to the board of Thomson Reuters Benchmark Services Limited (TRBSL), the body which manages governance and control of the Thomson Reuters family of financial benchmarks.
- AxiomSL appoints Olivier Kamoun as Chief Product Officer
20th December 2016 -
- Quantopian hires Marc Volpe as CFO
16th December 2016 - Algorithmic trading platform and educational community expands financial team.
- Cobalt snags Citi as investor for FX solution, appoints Charlotte Crosswell as Advisor
15th December 2016 - Cobalt DL secures Citi as an investor and a launch client for their post-trade FX solution; Charlotte Crosswell appointed as a Strategic Advisor.
- Broadridge expands presence in Asia
14th December 2016 - Broadridge expands presence in Asia with new Singapore office and senior appointment.
- SEC appoints Associate Director of DERA
13th December 2016 - SEC names Dr. Narahari Phatak Associate Director for Policy in the Division of Economic and Risk Analysis.
- CME Group announces new senior management positions
9th December 2016 - Winkler named Chief Commercial Officer; Taylor appointed President, Clearing and Post-Trade Services.
- Enforcement Director Andrew J. Ceresney to leave SEC
9th December 2016 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has announced that Enforcement Director Andrew J. Ceresney will leave the agency by the end of the year.
- CME Group exec joins Chamber of Digital Commerce Board of Advisors
7th December 2016 - The Chamber of Digital Commerce appoints CME Ventures' Rumi Morales to its Board of Advisors.