People Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Fidessa appoints US Head of Electronic Execution
21st February 2017 - Fidessa appoints Chris Monnery to head its Electronic Execution business in the US.
- Nasdaq announces new leadership for Fixed Income and Post-trade in the Nordics and Baltics
16th February 2017 - Fredrik Ekström takes responsibility for Nordic Fixed Income and Nasdaq Clearing, Julia Haglind new President of Nasdaq Clearing, Arminta Saladziene new Head of Securities Services and Chairman of Broker Services' Board of Directors.
- Convergex appoints Robin Strong as MD
16th February 2017 - Convergex expands European footprint in preparation for MiFID II.
- Cinnober appoints Citi's Patrick Tessier as COO
14th February 2017 - Cinnober forms management team for new subsidiary, Patrick Tessier joins as COO.
- Colt appoints Andrew Housden as VP of Capital Markets
14th February 2017 - BT Global Services' Andrew Housden joins Colt to lead its go-to-market strategy for Capital Markets in Europe, Asia and North America.
- Former US Treasury official & Board Chairman of NCUA join OpenDoor team
10th February 2017 - OpenDoor Trading appoints Darcy Bradbury, former Assistant US Treasury Secretary for Financial Markets, to its Board of Directors; and Debbie Matz, former Board Chairman of the National Credit Union Association (NCUA), to its Advisory Board.
- Nasdaq Copenhagen appoints Nikolaj Kosakewitsch as president
9th February 2017 - Carnegie Investment Bank's Nikolaj Kosakewitsch named as new president of Nasdaq Copenhagen.
- Hotspot promotes Leit, Watras to Europe, Asia roles
9th February 2017 -
- BTIG adds three to Fixed Income Credit Group
7th February 2017 - BTIG expands Fixed Income Credit Group with Darren Haines, George Brickfield and Michael Miele.
- TriOptima CEO steps down
6th February 2017 - Per Sjöberg, CEO of TriOptima, has decided to step down and will be replaced by Stuart Connolly.
- ITG names Robert Ferstenberg Global Head of Quantitative Research and Execution Analytics.
6th February 2017 - ITG names Robert Ferstenberg Global Head of Quantitative Research and Execution Analytics
- DTCC appoints Ann Shuman as General Counsel
1st February 2017 - Larry Thompson steps down to focus full energies on Vice Chairman responsibilities.
- Liquidnet increases focus on hedge funds with new hire
1st February 2017 - European sales role at Liquidnet for industry veteran, Dan Squires
- TORA appoints former Barclays Director, opens European office
27th January 2017 - TORA opens European regional office and makes senior appointment.
- Xignite expands leadership team, opens NY office
24th January 2017 - Xignite opens New York office, adds financial services industry veterans.
- LME Chief Executive retires
23rd January 2017 - Garry Jones to retire as London Metal Exchange Chief Executive, Matthew Chamberlain appointed interim Chief Executive.
- CFTC names J. Christopher Giancarlo Acting Chairman
20th January 2017 -
- TP ICAP appoints Iain Plunkett as COO
20th January 2017 - Iain Plunkett to join TP ICAP as Chief Operating Officer in Q2 2017.
- FINRA names Gregory Dean as SVP, Government Affairs
20th January 2017 - Gregory Dean joins FINRA as Senior Vice President, Office of Government Affairs.
Enforcement Director Aitan Goelman to leave CFTC
19th January 2017 - Division of Enforcement Director Aitan Goelman will leave the Commodity Futures Trading Commission on February 3, 2017.
- BTIG appoints Director of Fixed Income Credit
19th January 2017 - BTIG expands Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities Group with Michael Carley, Jr.
- DTCC names former AMF Director as GTR Chief Compliance Officer
17th January 2017 - DTCC appoints Derek West as Chief Compliance Officer at European Global Trade Repository.
- BNY Mellon appoints Jeff McCarthy as CEO, ETFs
16th January 2017 - BNY Mellon names former NASDAQ exec Jeff McCarthy as Chief Executive Officer, Exchange Traded Funds.
- Michael Osnato resigns from SEC
13th January 2017 - Michael J. Osnato, Chief of Enforcement Division's Complex Financial Instruments Unit, to leave SEC.
- Vatsa Narasimha appointed as CEO of OANDA
11th January 2017 - Vatsa Narasimha replaces Ed Eger as Chief Executive Officer of OANDA Global Corporation.
- eVestment appoints former BlackRock Director as Marketing Manager
11th January 2017 - eVestment hires former BlackRock Director Stephen White for key EMEA marketing position in London.
- Romeo Lacher appointed new Chairman of the Board of Directors of SIX
10th January 2017 -
- Arran Rowsell joins BGC Partners
10th January 2017 - BGC Partners appoints Arran Rowsell to strengthen London credit team.
- Equinix appoints MD for Poland
5th January 2017 - Equinix names Robert Busz as Managing Director for Poland.
- Timothy Massad to resign as CFTC Chairman
4th January 2017 - Chairman Timothy G. Massad said he has tendered to President Obama his resignation as Chairman of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, effective on January 20, 2017.