Blog Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Fidessa: Not all tails wag the dog
10th February 2017 - Fidessa regulation expert Christian Voigt considers clock synchronisation under MiFID II RTS 25.
- In true MiFID style - Fidessa
11th April 2016 - A new acronym is introduced, each side of the argument is given some concessions and the man on the street will doubtless remain as baffled as ever by how entangled the rules governing financial markets have become. By Fidessa's regulation expert Christian Voigt.
- Has the futures industry just been Uberised?
1st April 2016 - Fidessa's Steve Grob compares the move by Eurex to allow large buy-sides direct membership of its derivatives clearing house, to the fundamental inefficiency in automobile use uncovered by Uber.
- Fidessa blog: Slicing up the merger mania cake
9th March 2016 - Fidessa's Steve Grob wishes he was in the M&A advisory business.
- ITRS: Real-time analytics - Hotspots and cold spots
16th December 2015 - Guy Warren, CEO of ITRS, discusses how the modern IT support function needs real-time analytics tools to help manage their estate, prevent problems or outages, and save valuable resources. With smarter tools becoming increasingly available, it is now possible to monitor for over-capacity and under-capacity - a challenge which has historically been time-consuming and difficult to do.
- Fidessa blog: The train on platform MiFID 2 is delayed by one year
25th November 2015 - Fidessa's Steve Grob considers the implications of the likely one year delay of MiFID 2.
- Fidessa blog: Can't see the wood for the regulatory trees?
20th November 2015 -
- Best of the blogs - A quant's approach to getting sentimental about security selection
21st October 2015 - How can investors harnessing a security selection process integrate qualitative metrics like investor sentiment? By Joe Importico, VP, Analytics Specialist, FactSet.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'MiFID II choice cuts'
9th October 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Anne Plested on ESMA's new requirement for transaction reports.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'Doesn't ESMA time fly!'
6th October 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Anne Plested considers business clock synchronisation.
- Fidessa blog - What's missing from ESMA's report?
29th September 2015 - Fidessa regulation expert Christian Voigt takes a look at what was missing from yesterday's technical standards.
- Fidessa blog: BATS auctions off the block problem
9th September 2015 - Fidessa's Steve Grob looks at BATS' Periodic Auction Books, crediting its imaginative approach.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'All together now...'
28th August 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Anne Plested: A common approach will be key to minimising the fallout of MiFID II implementation, particularly around the extra data required for record keeping and transaction reporting and for algo identification.
- FIA EPTA - Further evidence that new rules could threaten market liquidity in Europe
24th August 2015 - Preliminary research report from the Toulouse School of Economics raises concerns over the impact impending regulations could have on market liquidity.
- WisdomTree blog - Currency wars in Asia?
19th August 2015 - Jesper Koll, CEO of WisdomTree Japan: The devaluation of the Chinese yuan is unlikely to mark the start of competitive currency devaluations coming to Asia...
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'Best ex transparency moves to the next level'
11th August 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Christian Voigt considers the possible outcome of MiFID II reporting requirements.
- Fidessa blog - Unbundling versus Best Ex
5th August 2015 - Fidessa's Steve Grob considers the ramifications of ESMA's imminent final clarification on unbundling.
- FactSet Insight blog: A quant's approach to getting sentimental about security selection
21st July 2015 - How can investors harnessing a security selection process integrate qualitative metrics like investor sentiment? By Joe J. Importico, VP, Analytics Specialist, FactSet.
- Fidessa blog - Blockchain - the saviour of global finance?
15th July 2015 - Fidessa's Steve Grob wonders whether Blockchain technology could give developing countries and markets a chance to leapfrog the global competition…
- FactSet blog: Grexit and the possibility of contagion
8th July 2015 - As the odds shift towards an exit from the Euro for Greece, what are the risks of risks spreading across the Eurozone, and how might that affect your portfolios? By Louis Scott, director of Risk and Quant Research, Viviana Vieli, Portfolio Analytics Specialist, and Michail T. Samaras, Portfolio Analytics Specialist.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'Ranks of cross-border issues swell'
2nd July 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Christian Voigt considers the implications of payment for research and its escalation to a cross border issue.
- ITRS blog: Catch that second: Temporal Shifts and System Stability
30th June 2015 - Mark Brennan, head of Business Development, Americas at ITRS, believes the addition of a single second to system clocks will no doubt underwhelm the world, much as Y2K did - systems will probably not fail (although the last time a leap second was added - in 2012 - there were in fact system outages).
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'Fitting RFQs under MiFID II'
22nd June 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Christian Voigt considers the extension of the MiFID II scope into non-equity asset classes and the tightening of transparency rules, firms relying on requests for quotes (RFQs) have to figure out how this fits under the new regime.
- Fidessa blog - US steps closer to T+2
19th June 2015 - David Pearson, head of Post-trade Strategy at Fidessa comments on news that the T+2 settlement cycle could be adopted in the US by the end of Q3 2017.
- Fidessa Blog - Too big to fail or too big to succeed?
2nd June 2015 - Steve Grob looks at the latest move from the FCA support asset managers' who are fighting proposals that could see them labelled as potential threats to the financial system.
- Data analytics uncovers new insights for investment banks - SWIFT
28th May 2015 - Pascal Roland, senior market manager for securities at SWIFT, looks at the challenges investment banks face and how they can gain new insights and uncover new opportunities for innovation.
- Fidessa Blogs - MiFID technical standards delay
14th May 2015 - Christian Voigt and Steve Grob from Fidessa discuss the publication delay of the ESMA technical standards from July to September.
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'Flagging on the road to transparency'
27th April 2015 - Fidessa regulation expert Christian Voigt: With its aim of increasing transparency around execution quality, under the current draft technical standards* MiFID II will require investment firms to provide an annual execution quality report that states, for the top five execution venues, the share of passive and aggressive orders executed by the broker.
- New EU islands to explore post Easter! - JWG analysis
15th April 2015 - We're used to watching our document trackers spin out of control in so-called 'quiet' times. As we wrote in January, the last 2 weeks of 2014 year saw global FS regulators pump out over 4,000 pages....
- Fidessa Regulation Matters - 'ESMA stops short of a no-action letter'
31st March 2015 - Fidessa's regulation expert Anne Plested: Having taken several years to get through the review of MiFID, it was interesting to hear from ESMA chair Steven Maijoor last week that there is an appetite to "explore the mechanisms to address regulatory adjustments in a flexible and agile manner".
- Prepare failed: (144) Table './ATStatistics/logger_ads_imp' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed