Futures Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Cboe plans December 10 launch of Bitcoin futures trading
4th December 2017 - Monday, December 11, will be the first full day of trading, and trading will be free through December
- CME Group self-certifies Bitcoin futures to launch Dec 18
1st December 2017 - CME Group has self-certified the initial listing of its Bitcoin futures contract to launch Monday, December 18, 2017
- Lime Brokerage futures algos now available on CQG platform
28th November 2017 - Lime Brokerage partners with CQG to offer algorithms to CQG's Integrated Client customers
- Saigon Securities chooses Horizon for warrants & futures market making
3rd November 2017 -
- CME Group to launch bitcoin futures in Q4 2017
31st October 2017 - New contract to provide regulated trading venue for cryptocurrency market
- ICE to launch SONIA futures contract
27th October 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange to launch Sterling Overnight Index Average futures contract on December 1, 2017
- DFM and Nasdaq Dubai to launch futures on DFM General Index
23rd October 2017 - Index-linked instruments to be traded on Nasdaq Dubai's equity futures market.
- CME and JPX to launch Japanese Yen-denominated TOPIX futures contract on CME
19th October 2017 -
- Intercontinental Exchange launches NYSE FANG+TM Index
26th September 2017 - ICE Futures U.S. plans to launch a quarterly futures contract based on the NYSE FANG+ Index, subject to regulatory review
- DGCX launches Sharia compliant gold futures
21st August 2017 - DGCX partnership with Ayedh Dejem Group provides accessibility to gold futures for Middle East investors
- CBOE and Gemini to launch bitcoin future contracts
3rd August 2017 - CBOE and Gemini enter into exclusive global license agreement to use bitcoin market data
- Midclear selects GMEX Group to deliver Derivatives CCP for Lebanon
5th July 2017 - Midclear selects GMEX Group to support Middle East innovation and the Lebanese capital markets reinvigoration.
- Tower Trading Group selects OptionsCity for trading software and risk management services
24th May 2017 - OptionsCity continues European expansion as futures and options trading firms deploy software solutions.
- QuantConnect announces open-source support for futures and options
3rd May 2017 - QuantConnect users can now backtest and live trade futures and options, in addition to equities, FX and derivatives.
- Quantopian expands online platform to include futures
28th April 2017 - Community members can develop algorithms using 15 years of data on US futures contracts.
- Eris Swap Futures now supported on Bloomberg TOMS
15th March 2017 - Sell-side clients can now add Eris swap futures to fixed income portfolios.
- PTMC trading platform now available via AMP Global Clearing
13th March 2017 -
- CQG connects to Warsaw Stock Exchange for futures trading
24th February 2017 - CQG customers will have access to the WIG20 contract, equity, FX, WIBOR, and T-bond futures contracts.
- Shanghai Futures Exchange launches new market surveillance platform powered by Nasdaq's SMARTS
19th October 2016 - Shanghai Futures Exchange launches new market surveillance platform powered by Nasdaq's SMARTS.
- Rival Systems adds connectivity to Nasdaq Futures
18th October 2016 - Rival Systems connects to NFX to provide expanded access to energy markets.
- Ripple announces XRP futures trading on Crypto Facilities
12th October 2016 - Crypto Facilities to be first derivatives exchange to list regulated XRP futures contracts.
- Eris and Cassini Systems to offer margin savings analysis
21st September 2016 - Margin savings generated by replacing OTC Swaps with Eris Swap Futures.
- Eris and Cassini to offer margin savings analysis
20th September 2016 - Identify margin savings by replacing OTC swaps with Eris Swap Futures.
- Object Trading first vendor to conform to ASX's new trading platform
15th September 2016 - Object Trading prepares clients for ASX's derivatives platform upgrade.
- FIX issues new guidelines for post-trade workflow
8th August 2016 - FIX Trading Community releases new guidelines for the use of FIX in post-trade processing for multi asset classes and a common post-trade framework.
- Nasdaq sponsors FIA's Innovators Pavilion
5th August 2016 - Innovators Pavilion at FIA's Futures and Options Expo will showcase new technology. FinTech startups encouraged to apply.
- Thomson Reuters adds futures and options execution app for commodities traders in Eikon
19th July 2016 - Commodities traders can execute futures and options directly from Thomson Reuters Eikon using OptionsCity Software app.
- TOCOM and Huatai Futures sign MoU
24th June 2016 - TOCOM and Huatai Futures sign Memorandum of Understanding
- ICE helps British Police seize $22 million from suspected Russian crime gang
11th May 2016 - City of London Police has seized $22 million six weeks after arresting a City broker on suspicion of using the futures market to launder money from a Russian organised crime group.
- G. H. Financials & Celoxica release new trading platform
5th May 2016 - Celoxica and G. H. Financials release fully automated, low latency, market data gateway and Risk direct market access (DMA) platform for futures markets.