Futures Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Intercontinental Exchange launches NYSE FANG+TM Index
26th September 2017 - ICE Futures U.S. plans to launch a quarterly futures contract based on the NYSE FANG+ Index, subject to regulatory review
- DGCX launches Sharia compliant gold futures
21st August 2017 - DGCX partnership with Ayedh Dejem Group provides accessibility to gold futures for Middle East investors
- CBOE and Gemini to launch bitcoin future contracts
3rd August 2017 - CBOE and Gemini enter into exclusive global license agreement to use bitcoin market data
- Midclear selects GMEX Group to deliver Derivatives CCP for Lebanon
5th July 2017 - Midclear selects GMEX Group to support Middle East innovation and the Lebanese capital markets reinvigoration.
- Tower Trading Group selects OptionsCity for trading software and risk management services
24th May 2017 - OptionsCity continues European expansion as futures and options trading firms deploy software solutions.
- QuantConnect announces open-source support for futures and options
3rd May 2017 - QuantConnect users can now backtest and live trade futures and options, in addition to equities, FX and derivatives.
- Quantopian expands online platform to include futures
28th April 2017 - Community members can develop algorithms using 15 years of data on US futures contracts.
- Eris Swap Futures now supported on Bloomberg TOMS
15th March 2017 - Sell-side clients can now add Eris swap futures to fixed income portfolios.
- PTMC trading platform now available via AMP Global Clearing
13th March 2017 -
- CQG connects to Warsaw Stock Exchange for futures trading
24th February 2017 - CQG customers will have access to the WIG20 contract, equity, FX, WIBOR, and T-bond futures contracts.
- Shanghai Futures Exchange launches new market surveillance platform powered by Nasdaq's SMARTS
19th October 2016 - Shanghai Futures Exchange launches new market surveillance platform powered by Nasdaq's SMARTS.
- Rival Systems adds connectivity to Nasdaq Futures
18th October 2016 - Rival Systems connects to NFX to provide expanded access to energy markets.
- Ripple announces XRP futures trading on Crypto Facilities
12th October 2016 - Crypto Facilities to be first derivatives exchange to list regulated XRP futures contracts.
- Eris and Cassini Systems to offer margin savings analysis
21st September 2016 - Margin savings generated by replacing OTC Swaps with Eris Swap Futures.
- Eris and Cassini to offer margin savings analysis
20th September 2016 - Identify margin savings by replacing OTC swaps with Eris Swap Futures.
- Object Trading first vendor to conform to ASX's new trading platform
15th September 2016 - Object Trading prepares clients for ASX's derivatives platform upgrade.
- FIX issues new guidelines for post-trade workflow
8th August 2016 - FIX Trading Community releases new guidelines for the use of FIX in post-trade processing for multi asset classes and a common post-trade framework.
- Nasdaq sponsors FIA's Innovators Pavilion
5th August 2016 - Innovators Pavilion at FIA's Futures and Options Expo will showcase new technology. FinTech startups encouraged to apply.
- Thomson Reuters adds futures and options execution app for commodities traders in Eikon
19th July 2016 - Commodities traders can execute futures and options directly from Thomson Reuters Eikon using OptionsCity Software app.
- TOCOM and Huatai Futures sign MoU
24th June 2016 - TOCOM and Huatai Futures sign Memorandum of Understanding
- ICE helps British Police seize $22 million from suspected Russian crime gang
11th May 2016 - City of London Police has seized $22 million six weeks after arresting a City broker on suspicion of using the futures market to launder money from a Russian organised crime group.
- G. H. Financials & Celoxica release new trading platform
5th May 2016 - Celoxica and G. H. Financials release fully automated, low latency, market data gateway and Risk direct market access (DMA) platform for futures markets.
- CME to launch market-by-order / level 3 data solution
4th May 2016 - CME will introduce a market data feed featuring all individual orders, also known as "Level 3 Data", on its CME Globex electronic markets platform in the last quarter of 2016. CME will gradually add the feed to its existing market data channels.
- Algo-Logic Systems launches CME Futures & Options Order Book
30th April 2016 - CME Futures & Options Order Book achieves rapid processing and book building latency of less than 100ns.
- Stellar Trading Systems connects to CBOE Futures Exchange
22nd April 2016 - Link broadens CFE's reach with European and Asian traders.
- Online commission-free broker Tradovate launches
20th April 2016 - Online firm targets active traders with cloud-based platform accessible from any device.
- Eurex and Korea Exchange extend cooperation
20th April 2016 - Eurex and Korea Exchange to list Mini KOSPI 200 index futures during Eurex trading hours. Euro STOXX 50 futures to be traded and cleared in Korean Won on KRX during Korean trading hours.
- ESMA backs competition and choice in derivatives clearing
5th April 2016 - MiFID II - ESMA: no need to temporarily exclude ETDs from open access to trading venues and CCPs.
- Has the futures industry just been Uberised?
1st April 2016 - Fidessa's Steve Grob compares the move by Eurex to allow large buy-sides direct membership of its derivatives clearing house, to the fundamental inefficiency in automobile use uncovered by Uber.
- Eurex expands equity index segment with new quanto futures
21st March 2016 - Eurex launches USD-denominated futures on the Euro STOXX 50 index.