Electronic Crossing Network (ECN) Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Euronext and AX Trading announce European block trading MTF
15th February 2017 - Europe's first 'proactive' liquidity seeking venue scheduled for launch in mid-2017.
- GTX to launch London and Tokyo matching engines
28th September 2016 - New Data Centers to improve regional access, create single, global order book.
- Seabury Global Markets makes investment in Spotex
28th April 2016 - Companies enter multi-year relationship to leverage Seabury's resources to expand distribution of Spotex products and services.
- KCG Hotspot joins DealHub's FX Distribution Hub
3rd November 2014 - DealHub customers can connect to KCG HotSpot, including HotSpot QT dark liquidity pool.
- Coinsetter bitcoin exchange first to offer FIX API access
13th August 2014 - Coinsetter becomes the first bitcoin exchange to offer FIX API access, the financial industry's standard trading protocol.
- US equities: off exchange snapshot
29th July 2014 - Dark pool volumes in June mostly flat after May's sharp drop, as clients shift flow among venues in wake of Barclays scandal.
- Citigroup ATS LavaFlow settles for $5mn charge
25th July 2014 - New York-based LavaFlow has agreed to pay $5 million to settle the SEC's charges, including a $2.85 million penalty that is the agency's largest to date against an ATS.
- Spotex chooses Solace Systems for FX trading
15th July 2014 - Spotex selects Solace message routers to reduce response times and slippage.
- CheetahFIX and LSE connect to Johannesburg Exchange
11th February 2014 - CheetahFIX teams with London Stock Exchange Network to extend connectivity into Africa.
- MarketAxess expands MATCH
18th December 2013 - Barclays to act as primary market maker for anonymous swaps marketplace.
- Direct Edge selects Greenline testing solution
12th November 2013 - Direct Edge deploys Greenline's VeriFIX for automated testing solution.
- DelphX selects SGN for FIX connectivity to CentralX
2nd October 2013 - SunGard Global Network connects with DelphX to create a neutral and centralized fixed income market.
- InterTrader launches MT4 spread-betting service
24th September 2013 - InterTrader Direct launches first No Dealing Desk spread betting service on MT4 platform
- OTCex Group extends connectivity services with Etrali
23rd September 2013 - Etrali Trading Solutions' TCSnet enables OTCex Group to offer users faster market access.
- Not yet an 'alarm', but more of a 'question': BOE ponders connectivity issues and liquidity
17th September 2013 - As the foreign exchange market takes on more and more execution venues and aggregators, the Bank of England is pondering what this may mean for liquidity. But a top BOE official is quick to say this is a question, not a worry per se.
- Commerzbank chooses DealHub for price distribution infrastructure
9th September 2013 - DealHub's FX Distribution hub to provide Commerzbank with pricing to multiple venues.
- Study forecasts electronic FX trading to reach 70% by end-2013
4th September 2013 - A study by Aite Group predicts electronic trading will continue to shoot higher in the FX market, where competition has intensified.
- Life in the slow lane
5th August 2013 - The foreign exchange market is grappling with the question of speed. Eva Szalay looks at the implications of efforts to make currency markets slower.
- MarketAxess introduces credit market index
26th June 2013 - The bond trading platofmr launched an index that tracks the spread between buy and sell trades of the most actively traded corporate bonds.
- TMX Atrium upgrades connectivity to Knight Hotspot FX
18th June 2013 - TMX Atrium meets increased demand for FX venues with enhanced connectivity to Knight Hotspot FX
- Fixed income fragmentation requires niche approach, study finds
22nd May 2013 - In a fragmented fixed income world, niche is the word, a study finds.
- ITG launches POSIT for Singapore
22nd May 2013 - ITG adds Singapore to Asia Pacific POSIT crossing network coverage, now provides block liquidity to 29 Markets
- Where credit's due
16th May 2013 - Back in the 'good old days', life seemed so simple: dealers warehoused vast amounts of corporate bonds, and investors picked up the telephone when they wanted to buy or sell. But capital requirements and regulation have led to a dramatic fall in banks' balance sheets and the buy-side is being asked to play a bigger role to boost liquidity. As electronification takes hold, can the elusive all-to-all model take off or is something else needed? Adam Cox reports.
- In bid to fend off HFT, EBS looks at introducing random element
29th April 2013 - The Financial Times reports that EBS is looking at scrapping the first-in-first-out rule and quotes the platform's CEO as lamenting a technology 'race to the bottom'.
- Transact chooses Calastone's re-registration solution
15th April 2013 - Integrated Financial Arrangement, operator of Transact wrap service, selects Calastone for electronic, interoperable re-registration solution
- FXSpotStream reels in UBS as liquidity provider, now has eight global FX banks
27th March 2013 - The Swiss bank giant joined seven other liquidity providers as the new FXSpotStream initiative gained momentum.
- Credit Suisse AES options offered through PrimeTrade
27th March 2013 - AES Options single leg tactics for US listed Equity, Index and ETF options now available via PrimeTrade