Mergers & Acquisitions Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Quantlab buys Teza high speed trading tech
22nd March 2017 - Quantlab Financial announces acquisition of certain technology and intellectual property assets from Teza Group.
- Avaloq partners with Warburg Pincus, creates European Advisory Board
22nd March 2017 - Warburg Pincus to acquire a 35% shareholding in Avaloq. Transaction values Avaloq in excess of CHF 1 billion.
- Sterling Trading Tech acquires Livevol X
21st March 2017 -
- Thomson Reuters completes Clarient and Avox acquisitions
20th March 2017 - Acquisitions strengthen Thomson Reuters relationship with DTCC, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, State Street and other clients for compliance solutions.
- FactSet acquires BISAM
20th March 2017 - FactSet acquires performance measurement and risk management provider BISAM.
- Virtu bids for KCG
16th March 2017 - One publicly listed market maker makes grab for another.
- ICE statement on CAT's Trayport ruling
14th March 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange statement on Competition Appeal Tribunal's Trayport ruling.
- Broadridge acquires Message Automation
9th March 2017 - Acquisition extends Broadridge's regulatory and compliance capabilities for capital markets firms and investment managers.
- Numerix acquires TFG Financial Systems
8th March 2017 - Real-time distributed calculation engine with graph technology advances Numerix Oneview trading and risk solutions.
- Deutsche Boerse's EEX acquires US based Nodal Exchange
3rd March 2017 - Deutsche Boerse's European Energy Exchange taps the US commodity market with the acquisition of Nodal Exchange.
- Euronext invests in Algomi, expands Joint Venture
3rd March 2017 - Euronext makes $10 million strategic investment in Algomi. Existing pan-European partnership to launch a new network of fixed income venues.
- CBOE Holdings closes acquisition of Bats Global Markets
1st March 2017 - New Leadership Team Introduced . Integration Website launched to highlight key corporate information.
- New doubt cast on LSE Deutsche Boerse merger
27th February 2017 - London Stock Exchange 'highly unlikely' to be able to meet 'disproportionate' demands from European Commission to sell its 60% stake in MTS.
- CBOE acquisition of Bats expected to close February 28
17th February 2017 - Transaction receives final remaining European regulatory approval. Three Bats Directors to join CBOE Holdings Board. Election deadline for Bats stockholders set for February 24.
- ICE to buy TMX Atrium
15th February 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange announces agreement to acquire TMX Atrium from TMX Group
- Moody's buys SCDM's finance data and analytics business
15th February 2017 - Moody's acquires structured finance data and analytics business of SCDM.
- BittWare aquires nCk Research
13th February 2017 - BittWare acquires nCk Research, forms Network Products group, and hires Craig Lund.
- Equinix acquires IO UK's data center business
7th February 2017 - Equinix has closed a transaction for the purchase of IO UK's data center operating business in Slough, United Kingdom.
- GAIN in discussions to acquire FXCM's U.S. client base
7th February 2017 - GAIN Capital Holdings signs non-binding letter of intent to acquire the client base of FXCM's U.S. operations.
- Thomson Reuters to acquire Clarient & Avox from DTCC
6th February 2017 - Thomson Reuters strengthens KYC managed services and legal entity data through Clarient and Avox acquisitions.
- NYSE finalizes acquisition of National Stock Exchange
1st February 2017 -
- JPX takes minority stake in OpenGamma
1st February 2017 - Japan Exchange Group has taken a minority stake in OpenGamma, a provider of derivatives risk analytics.
- BT to acquire IP Trade
1st February 2017 - Collaboration combines IP Trade solutions with BT's global cloud and sector experience.
- TP ICAP completes asset acquisition from research and analytics provider Burton-Taylor
30th January 2017 - TP ICAP's data & analytics division completes asset acquisition from research and analytics specialist Burton-Taylor and hires Douglas Burton Taylor.
- IS Prime buys Think Liquidity
25th January 2017 - IS Prime Risk Services acquires Think Liquidity assets.
- Bats/CBOE merger approved
18th January 2017 - Bats Global Markets announces stockholder approval of merger agreement with CBOE Holdings.
- Thomson Reuters completes REDI acquisition
17th January 2017 - REDI acquisition enables Thomson Reuters to deliver integrated trading workflow to the buy-side.
- LSEG rebuts rumours of post merger move to Germany
17th January 2017 - London Stock Exchange Group has: "No intention to move the locations of Eurex or Clearstream from Frankfurt, LCH from London and the US, Monte Titoli from Milan or CC&G from Rome following completion."
- GTT completes acquisition of Hibernia Networks
10th January 2017 - Acquisition extends network, adds strategic fiber assets. Expands service portfolio and multinational client base.
- S&P Global to sell QuantHouse
6th January 2017 - QuantHouse to be purchased by original founder Pierre Feligoni.