Mergers & Acquisitions Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Thomson Reuters completes REDI acquisition
17th January 2017 - REDI acquisition enables Thomson Reuters to deliver integrated trading workflow to the buy-side.
- LSEG rebuts rumours of post merger move to Germany
17th January 2017 - London Stock Exchange Group has: "No intention to move the locations of Eurex or Clearstream from Frankfurt, LCH from London and the US, Monte Titoli from Milan or CC&G from Rome following completion."
- GTT completes acquisition of Hibernia Networks
10th January 2017 - Acquisition extends network, adds strategic fiber assets. Expands service portfolio and multinational client base.
- S&P Global to sell QuantHouse
6th January 2017 - QuantHouse to be purchased by original founder Pierre Feligoni.
- TMX Group announces sale of Razor Risk
6th January 2017 - TMX Group has announced the sale of its risk management business Razor Risk to Parabellum.
- BGC Partners to acquire Besso Insurance Group
4th January 2017 - BGC Partners to make strategic investment in Lloyd's of London insurance broker.
- Euronext makes irrevocable cash offer to buy LCH.Clearnet
3rd January 2017 - Euronext has signed a binding offer and been granted exclusivity to acquire 100% of the share capital and voting rights of LCH.Clearnet. Acquisition price to be €510m.
- SEC charges Chinese traders with law firm hacking
29th December 2016 - Chinese traders charged with trading on hacked nonpublic information stolen from two law firms. Marks first time SEC charges hacking into law firm computer networks.
- NRI Group acquires Australian firm ASG
29th December 2016 - Acquisition enables Nomura Research Institute to roll out Australia business.
- Deutsche Boerse increases share in Tradegate
22nd December 2016 - Deutsche Boerse ups stake in Tradegate to 20 percent.
- BGC Partners completes acquisition of Sunrise Brokers
21st December 2016 -
- Contego acquires Working Status Ltd.
20th December 2016 - Enhanced automated 'Right to Work' ID document checks added to the Contego platform.
- Euronext in exclusive talks to potentially acquire LCH.Clearnet SA
20th December 2016 - Euronext enters talks regarding the acquisition of the French operations of LCH.Clearnet depending on the successful closure of the LSEG and Deutsche Börse merger.
- NYSE acquires National Stock Exchange
15th December 2016 - Largest US exchange swallows smallest US exchange.
- Update on all-share merger between DB and LSEG
15th December 2016 - London Stock Exchange Group and Deutsche Börse confirm receipt of Statement of Objections from the European Commission in relation to the proposed merger, reflecting a narrower scope of issues.
- Equinix to acquire 24 data center sites from Verizon in USD 3.6 billion deal
6th December 2016 - Transaction brings Equinix's footprint to 175 data centers in 43 markets and approximately 17 million gross square feet across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific markets.
- Blackstone to buy stake in BTIG
5th December 2016 - BTIG announces Blackstone Tactical Opportunities strategic investment.
- Teza Technologies to sell telecoms infrastructure to Virtu Financial
29th November 2016 - Firm continues to revamp itself with a focus on asset management.
- Barclays completes Singapore/HK investment business sale
28th November 2016 - Barclays sells Singapore and Hong Kong Wealth and Investment Management units to Bank of Singapore for USD $225 million.
- Deutsche Boerse acquires stake in FinTech company figo
24th November 2016 - Deutsche Börse acquires 'significant' minority stake in FinTech company figo.
- LSEG to acquire data and analytics provider Mergent
21st November 2016 - Acquisition supports FTSE Russell's core index offering, especially in the creation of factor-based, passive investment products.
- CBOE announces early termination of HSR period for Bats acquisition
21st November 2016 - CBOE Holdings announces early termination of Hart-Scott-Rodino waiting period for Bats acquisition.
- FCA approves Tullett Prebon's acquisition of ICAP
15th November 2016 - Tullett Prebon acquisition of ICAP's global hybrid voice broking and information business set to complete in 2016.
- ayondo acquires Singapore fintech brand TradeHero
15th November 2016 - Acquisiton of TradeHero's stock market simulation app expands ayondo's footprint in Singapore ahead of planned SGX listing.
- GTT to acquire Hibernia Networks for USD 590 million
9th November 2016 - Acquisition adds strategic global fiber assets, including ultra-low latency routes. Expands service portfolio and client base, and increases scale.
- SGX and the Baltic Exchange confirm completion of acquisition
8th November 2016 - Mark Jackson to take up role as Chief Executive Officer of The Baltic Exchange on 31st January 2017.
- Update on SGX's acquisition of the Baltic Exchange
7th November 2016 - Singapore Exchange acquisition of the Baltic Exchange sanctioned, expects to complete on 8 November 2016.
- Bats Global Markets completes acquisition of Javelin SEF
2nd November 2016 - Deal to broaden FX instruments available to trade on Bats Hotspot.
- ION completes acquisition of Reval
2nd November 2016 - Reval's SaaS platform now part of ION's corporate treasury division.
- Misys drops IPO plans
27th October 2016 - Misys Group issues update on Intention to float.