Mergers & Acquisitions Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Investoo Group acquires financial news portal Invezz.com
25th April 2017 - FX trading affiliate, Investoo Group, has extended its reach into the financial trading industry with the acquisition of financial news portal Invezz.com.
- Virtu finalizes purchase of rival KCG
20th April 2017 - High frequency trading firm Virtu Financial has agreed to buy competitor KCG Holdings for 1.4 billion USD.
- Investoo acquires comparison site 100ForexBrokers
18th April 2017 - Investoo Group buys 100ForexBrokers.com in biggest acquisition to date.
- Cowen Group announces acquisition of Convergex
3rd April 2017 - Transaction to enhance Cowen's brokerage and trading services business.
- Euronext and ICE sign derivatives clearing agreement
3rd April 2017 - Euronext and ICE Clear Netherlands sign binding Heads of Terms for the provision of derivatives and commodities clearing services
- BrokerTec Europe completes e-MID SIM SpA acquisition
31st March 2017 - Transaction offers BrokerTec Europe a footprint in the Italian debt and money markets.
- LCH confirms no sale to Euronext
30th March 2017 - Proposed sale of LCH by LSEG and LCH Group to Euronext will not proceed due to prohibition of Deutsche Boerse/LSEG merger.
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger officially dead
29th March 2017 - Not that it was a surprise.
- EU Commission prohibits Deutsche Boerse/LSEG merger
29th March 2017 - Deutsche Börse and London Stock Exchange Group officially blocked, proposed sale of LCH by LSEG and LCH Group to Euronext N.V. will also terminate.
- Quantlab buys Teza high speed trading tech
22nd March 2017 - Quantlab Financial announces acquisition of certain technology and intellectual property assets from Teza Group.
- Avaloq partners with Warburg Pincus, creates European Advisory Board
22nd March 2017 - Warburg Pincus to acquire a 35% shareholding in Avaloq. Transaction values Avaloq in excess of CHF 1 billion.
- Sterling Trading Tech acquires Livevol X
21st March 2017 -
- Thomson Reuters completes Clarient and Avox acquisitions
20th March 2017 - Acquisitions strengthen Thomson Reuters relationship with DTCC, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, State Street and other clients for compliance solutions.
- FactSet acquires BISAM
20th March 2017 - FactSet acquires performance measurement and risk management provider BISAM.
- Virtu bids for KCG
16th March 2017 - One publicly listed market maker makes grab for another.
- ICE statement on CAT's Trayport ruling
14th March 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange statement on Competition Appeal Tribunal's Trayport ruling.
- Broadridge acquires Message Automation
9th March 2017 - Acquisition extends Broadridge's regulatory and compliance capabilities for capital markets firms and investment managers.
- Numerix acquires TFG Financial Systems
8th March 2017 - Real-time distributed calculation engine with graph technology advances Numerix Oneview trading and risk solutions.
- Deutsche Boerse's EEX acquires US based Nodal Exchange
3rd March 2017 - Deutsche Boerse's European Energy Exchange taps the US commodity market with the acquisition of Nodal Exchange.
- Euronext invests in Algomi, expands Joint Venture
3rd March 2017 - Euronext makes $10 million strategic investment in Algomi. Existing pan-European partnership to launch a new network of fixed income venues.
- CBOE Holdings closes acquisition of Bats Global Markets
1st March 2017 - New Leadership Team Introduced . Integration Website launched to highlight key corporate information.
- New doubt cast on LSE Deutsche Boerse merger
27th February 2017 - London Stock Exchange 'highly unlikely' to be able to meet 'disproportionate' demands from European Commission to sell its 60% stake in MTS.
- CBOE acquisition of Bats expected to close February 28
17th February 2017 - Transaction receives final remaining European regulatory approval. Three Bats Directors to join CBOE Holdings Board. Election deadline for Bats stockholders set for February 24.
- ICE to buy TMX Atrium
15th February 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange announces agreement to acquire TMX Atrium from TMX Group
- Moody's buys SCDM's finance data and analytics business
15th February 2017 - Moody's acquires structured finance data and analytics business of SCDM.
- BittWare aquires nCk Research
13th February 2017 - BittWare acquires nCk Research, forms Network Products group, and hires Craig Lund.
- Equinix acquires IO UK's data center business
7th February 2017 - Equinix has closed a transaction for the purchase of IO UK's data center operating business in Slough, United Kingdom.
- GAIN in discussions to acquire FXCM's U.S. client base
7th February 2017 - GAIN Capital Holdings signs non-binding letter of intent to acquire the client base of FXCM's U.S. operations.
- Thomson Reuters to acquire Clarient & Avox from DTCC
6th February 2017 - Thomson Reuters strengthens KYC managed services and legal entity data through Clarient and Avox acquisitions.
- NYSE finalizes acquisition of National Stock Exchange
1st February 2017 -