Mergers & Acquisitions Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- SEC uncovers insider trading ring
17th August 2017 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has announced insider trading charges against seven individuals who traded on confidential information about dozens of impending mergers and acquisitions
- Instinet completes purchase of BlockCross ATS from State Street
14th August 2017 -
- Euronext renews clearing agreement with LCH SA, becomes minority shareholder
8th August 2017 - Euronext to swap its current 2.3% stake in LCH Group for an 11.1% stake in LCH SA, a direct investment in the multi-asset Eurozone based CCP
- Linedata acquires Hong Kong provider QRMO
7th August 2017 - Linedata expands its outsourcing business into Asia with the acquisition of Hong Kong provider QRMO
- Vela completes Object Trading acquisition
27th July 2017 - Expanded company to deliver advanced market data, trading and analytics technology solutions.
- Nasdaq to acquire surveillance provider Sybenetix
25th July 2017 -
- Broadridge acquires data and intelligence provider Spence Johnson
17th July 2017 - Acquisition to combine global retail and institutional data, market intelligence and insight.
- BlackRock to acquire fintech firm Cachematrix
28th June 2017 - Purchase of financial technology firm to enhance BlackRock's risk and cash management capabilities.
- GTT to acquire Global Capacity
26th June 2017 - Purchase to extend cloud networking leadership; add scale, network reach and marquee clients.
- Instinet to purchase BlockCross ATS from State Street
22nd June 2017 - Deal to close in 30-60 days. Existing BlockCross team will continue to operate the ATS.
- Vela to acquire OptionsCity
21st June 2017 - Combined company will deliver an expanded set of front office products and services, including market access, risk management & analytics.
- GTT acquires Perseus
20th June 2017 - Acquisition expands Tier 1 IP network in Latin America, Asia-Pacific, India and Africa, expands client base in financial markets, adds strategic low-latency routes.
- BlackRock takes minority equity stake in robo-adviser Scalable Capital
20th June 2017 - BlackRock to take a minority equity stake in digital investment manager Scalable Capital.
- Sale of Perseus Networks backed by Goldman
16th June 2017 - GTT expands reach with acquisition of Perseus for 37.5 million USD, plus the assumption of approximately 3 million USD in capital leases.
- Misys and D+H combine to create Finastra
15th June 2017 - Misys and D+H join forces to create the world's third largest Fintech company.
- Fiserv makes 70 million GBP offer for Monitise
13th June 2017 - Acquisition to accelerate Fiserv digital strategy and the development of a digital banking platform.
- ICE to buy BofAML's Global Research index platform
1st June 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange to acquire Global Research index platform from Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- LSEG to acquire The Yield Book and Citi Fixed Income Indices
30th May 2017 - Acquisition to including the World Government Bond Index (WGBI), for total cash consideration of $685 million (£535 million).
- Euronext to expand into global FX markets with acquisition of FastMatch
23rd May 2017 - Euronext has announced the acquisition of c.90% of FastMatchfor $153 million initial cash consideration.
- ThinkMarkets buys Trade Interceptor
23rd May 2017 - Mobile-first FX and CFD brokerage acquires FX trading mobile app, Trade Interceptor.
- Liquidnet buys OTAS Technologies
17th May 2017 - Liquidnet enhances trading platform with acquisition of OTAS Technologies.
- Cinnober acquires Ancoa Software
10th May 2017 - Cinnober Financial Technology to buy Ancoa Software, the UK-based market surveillance specialist company.
- Two Sigma Securities to acquire the U.S. options-market-making business of Interactive Brokers
10th May 2017 - Two Sigma Securities to acquire the U.S. options-market-making business of Timber Hill, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group.
- EEX completes acquisition of Nodal Exchange
5th May 2017 - Voltage to the power of 2 divided by resistance
- ICE completes Atrium purchase
2nd May 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange completes acquisition of TMX Group's Atrium.
- SIX Swiss Exchange absorbs SIX Structured Products Exchange
2nd May 2017 - Merger of the two stock exchanges - SIX Swiss Exchange absorbs SIX Structured Products Exchange as of 2 May 2017.
- Investoo Group acquires financial news portal Invezz.com
25th April 2017 - FX trading affiliate, Investoo Group, has extended its reach into the financial trading industry with the acquisition of financial news portal Invezz.com.
- Virtu finalizes purchase of rival KCG
20th April 2017 - High frequency trading firm Virtu Financial has agreed to buy competitor KCG Holdings for 1.4 billion USD.
- Investoo acquires comparison site 100ForexBrokers
18th April 2017 - Investoo Group buys 100ForexBrokers.com in biggest acquisition to date.