Mergers & Acquisitions Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Instinet to purchase BlockCross ATS from State Street
22nd June 2017 - Deal to close in 30-60 days. Existing BlockCross team will continue to operate the ATS.
- Vela to acquire OptionsCity
21st June 2017 - Combined company will deliver an expanded set of front office products and services, including market access, risk management & analytics.
- GTT acquires Perseus
20th June 2017 - Acquisition expands Tier 1 IP network in Latin America, Asia-Pacific, India and Africa, expands client base in financial markets, adds strategic low-latency routes.
- BlackRock takes minority equity stake in robo-adviser Scalable Capital
20th June 2017 - BlackRock to take a minority equity stake in digital investment manager Scalable Capital.
- Sale of Perseus Networks backed by Goldman
16th June 2017 - GTT expands reach with acquisition of Perseus for 37.5 million USD, plus the assumption of approximately 3 million USD in capital leases.
- Misys and D+H combine to create Finastra
15th June 2017 - Misys and D+H join forces to create the world's third largest Fintech company.
- Fiserv makes 70 million GBP offer for Monitise
13th June 2017 - Acquisition to accelerate Fiserv digital strategy and the development of a digital banking platform.
- ICE to buy BofAML's Global Research index platform
1st June 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange to acquire Global Research index platform from Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- LSEG to acquire The Yield Book and Citi Fixed Income Indices
30th May 2017 - Acquisition to including the World Government Bond Index (WGBI), for total cash consideration of $685 million (£535 million).
- Euronext to expand into global FX markets with acquisition of FastMatch
23rd May 2017 - Euronext has announced the acquisition of c.90% of FastMatchfor $153 million initial cash consideration.
- ThinkMarkets buys Trade Interceptor
23rd May 2017 - Mobile-first FX and CFD brokerage acquires FX trading mobile app, Trade Interceptor.
- Liquidnet buys OTAS Technologies
17th May 2017 - Liquidnet enhances trading platform with acquisition of OTAS Technologies.
- Cinnober acquires Ancoa Software
10th May 2017 - Cinnober Financial Technology to buy Ancoa Software, the UK-based market surveillance specialist company.
- Two Sigma Securities to acquire the U.S. options-market-making business of Interactive Brokers
10th May 2017 - Two Sigma Securities to acquire the U.S. options-market-making business of Timber Hill, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group.
- EEX completes acquisition of Nodal Exchange
5th May 2017 - Voltage to the power of 2 divided by resistance
- ICE completes Atrium purchase
2nd May 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange completes acquisition of TMX Group's Atrium.
- SIX Swiss Exchange absorbs SIX Structured Products Exchange
2nd May 2017 - Merger of the two stock exchanges - SIX Swiss Exchange absorbs SIX Structured Products Exchange as of 2 May 2017.
- Investoo Group acquires financial news portal Invezz.com
25th April 2017 - FX trading affiliate, Investoo Group, has extended its reach into the financial trading industry with the acquisition of financial news portal Invezz.com.
- Virtu finalizes purchase of rival KCG
20th April 2017 - High frequency trading firm Virtu Financial has agreed to buy competitor KCG Holdings for 1.4 billion USD.
- Investoo acquires comparison site 100ForexBrokers
18th April 2017 - Investoo Group buys 100ForexBrokers.com in biggest acquisition to date.
- Cowen Group announces acquisition of Convergex
3rd April 2017 - Transaction to enhance Cowen's brokerage and trading services business.
- Euronext and ICE sign derivatives clearing agreement
3rd April 2017 - Euronext and ICE Clear Netherlands sign binding Heads of Terms for the provision of derivatives and commodities clearing services
- BrokerTec Europe completes e-MID SIM SpA acquisition
31st March 2017 - Transaction offers BrokerTec Europe a footprint in the Italian debt and money markets.
- LCH confirms no sale to Euronext
30th March 2017 - Proposed sale of LCH by LSEG and LCH Group to Euronext will not proceed due to prohibition of Deutsche Boerse/LSEG merger.
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger officially dead
29th March 2017 - Not that it was a surprise.
- EU Commission prohibits Deutsche Boerse/LSEG merger
29th March 2017 - Deutsche Börse and London Stock Exchange Group officially blocked, proposed sale of LCH by LSEG and LCH Group to Euronext N.V. will also terminate.
- Quantlab buys Teza high speed trading tech
22nd March 2017 - Quantlab Financial announces acquisition of certain technology and intellectual property assets from Teza Group.
- Avaloq partners with Warburg Pincus, creates European Advisory Board
22nd March 2017 - Warburg Pincus to acquire a 35% shareholding in Avaloq. Transaction values Avaloq in excess of CHF 1 billion.
- Sterling Trading Tech acquires Livevol X
21st March 2017 -
- Thomson Reuters completes Clarient and Avox acquisitions
20th March 2017 - Acquisitions strengthen Thomson Reuters relationship with DTCC, Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, State Street and other clients for compliance solutions.