Mergers & Acquisitions Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- CBOE acquisition of Bats expected to close February 28
17th February 2017 - Transaction receives final remaining European regulatory approval. Three Bats Directors to join CBOE Holdings Board. Election deadline for Bats stockholders set for February 24.
- ICE to buy TMX Atrium
15th February 2017 - Intercontinental Exchange announces agreement to acquire TMX Atrium from TMX Group
- Moody's buys SCDM's finance data and analytics business
15th February 2017 - Moody's acquires structured finance data and analytics business of SCDM.
- BittWare aquires nCk Research
13th February 2017 - BittWare acquires nCk Research, forms Network Products group, and hires Craig Lund.
- Equinix acquires IO UK's data center business
7th February 2017 - Equinix has closed a transaction for the purchase of IO UK's data center operating business in Slough, United Kingdom.
- GAIN in discussions to acquire FXCM's U.S. client base
7th February 2017 - GAIN Capital Holdings signs non-binding letter of intent to acquire the client base of FXCM's U.S. operations.
- Thomson Reuters to acquire Clarient & Avox from DTCC
6th February 2017 - Thomson Reuters strengthens KYC managed services and legal entity data through Clarient and Avox acquisitions.
- NYSE finalizes acquisition of National Stock Exchange
1st February 2017 -
- JPX takes minority stake in OpenGamma
1st February 2017 - Japan Exchange Group has taken a minority stake in OpenGamma, a provider of derivatives risk analytics.
- BT to acquire IP Trade
1st February 2017 - Collaboration combines IP Trade solutions with BT's global cloud and sector experience.
- TP ICAP completes asset acquisition from research and analytics provider Burton-Taylor
30th January 2017 - TP ICAP's data & analytics division completes asset acquisition from research and analytics specialist Burton-Taylor and hires Douglas Burton Taylor.
- IS Prime buys Think Liquidity
25th January 2017 - IS Prime Risk Services acquires Think Liquidity assets.
- Bats/CBOE merger approved
18th January 2017 - Bats Global Markets announces stockholder approval of merger agreement with CBOE Holdings.
- Thomson Reuters completes REDI acquisition
17th January 2017 - REDI acquisition enables Thomson Reuters to deliver integrated trading workflow to the buy-side.
- LSEG rebuts rumours of post merger move to Germany
17th January 2017 - London Stock Exchange Group has: "No intention to move the locations of Eurex or Clearstream from Frankfurt, LCH from London and the US, Monte Titoli from Milan or CC&G from Rome following completion."
- GTT completes acquisition of Hibernia Networks
10th January 2017 - Acquisition extends network, adds strategic fiber assets. Expands service portfolio and multinational client base.
- S&P Global to sell QuantHouse
6th January 2017 - QuantHouse to be purchased by original founder Pierre Feligoni.
- TMX Group announces sale of Razor Risk
6th January 2017 - TMX Group has announced the sale of its risk management business Razor Risk to Parabellum.
- BGC Partners to acquire Besso Insurance Group
4th January 2017 - BGC Partners to make strategic investment in Lloyd's of London insurance broker.
- Euronext makes irrevocable cash offer to buy LCH.Clearnet
3rd January 2017 - Euronext has signed a binding offer and been granted exclusivity to acquire 100% of the share capital and voting rights of LCH.Clearnet. Acquisition price to be €510m.
- SEC charges Chinese traders with law firm hacking
29th December 2016 - Chinese traders charged with trading on hacked nonpublic information stolen from two law firms. Marks first time SEC charges hacking into law firm computer networks.
- NRI Group acquires Australian firm ASG
29th December 2016 - Acquisition enables Nomura Research Institute to roll out Australia business.
- Deutsche Boerse increases share in Tradegate
22nd December 2016 - Deutsche Boerse ups stake in Tradegate to 20 percent.
- BGC Partners completes acquisition of Sunrise Brokers
21st December 2016 -
- Contego acquires Working Status Ltd.
20th December 2016 - Enhanced automated 'Right to Work' ID document checks added to the Contego platform.
- Euronext in exclusive talks to potentially acquire LCH.Clearnet SA
20th December 2016 - Euronext enters talks regarding the acquisition of the French operations of LCH.Clearnet depending on the successful closure of the LSEG and Deutsche Börse merger.
- NYSE acquires National Stock Exchange
15th December 2016 - Largest US exchange swallows smallest US exchange.
- Update on all-share merger between DB and LSEG
15th December 2016 - London Stock Exchange Group and Deutsche Börse confirm receipt of Statement of Objections from the European Commission in relation to the proposed merger, reflecting a narrower scope of issues.
- Equinix to acquire 24 data center sites from Verizon in USD 3.6 billion deal
6th December 2016 - Transaction brings Equinix's footprint to 175 data centers in 43 markets and approximately 17 million gross square feet across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific markets.
- Blackstone to buy stake in BTIG
5th December 2016 - BTIG announces Blackstone Tactical Opportunities strategic investment.