Study Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Global fintech investment growth driven by Europe and Asia
14th April 2016 - Accenture study finds first-quarter global fintech investment grew 67 percent year-over-year to $5.3 billion; 62% of investments went to ventures in Europe and Asia.
- ICMA launches Electronic Platform Mapping Study
8th October 2015 - ICMA creates centralised source for comparison of fixed income trading platforms in Europe.
- Do we need digital transformation in financial services? - WAE
24th September 2015 - New article by Rachel Armstrong, director, We Are Experience (WAE) on digital transformation within the financial services industry.
- EDM Council launches global data management benchmarking study
17th June 2015 - EDM Council and Sapient Global Markets to undertake data management benchmarking study based on EDM's Data Management Capability Assessment Model (DCAM).
- Connectivity delays lead to missed trading opportunities - Colt study
22nd April 2015 - Almost half of Capital Markets professionals believe delays in connectivity lead to missed trading opportunities. Over half (59%) of respondents think they should be able to access markets faster. 40% of respondents say that these delays prevent entry to new markets. Financial impact for investment banks amounts to $5m per trading desk each year.
- Costs of index futures vs ETFs to replicate S&P500
13th March 2015 - A new study from CME shows it's cheaper to replicate S&P 500 with index futures than ETFs in most scenarios.
- New study shows how fund managers can boost their assets under management
12th February 2015 - A new study from, Silverfinch, the secure data utility, shows that fund managers who help their insurance clients navigate the complexities of Solvency II reporting are likely to dramatically increase assets in the next year.
- ETFGI: 2014 was a good year for the European ETF/ETP industry
12th January 2015 - The European ETF/ETP industry gathered a record level of 62 billion US dollars in net new assets in 2014 according to research by ETFGI.
- BlackRock Global ETP Landscape - 2014 Year in Review
15th December 2014 - Global ETP industry AUM grows 15% to over $2.7 trillion driven by record inflows and increased adoption.
- Higher tax and regulatory costs ahead says BNY Mellon poll
15th December 2014 - Higher costs on the horizon as tax and regulatory change continues to bite, according to new BNY Mellon poll.
- FIA Expo 2014: Fidessa says structural changes fueling algo growth in derivatives markets
5th November 2014 - Fidessa's new paper: 'Defining algos in futures markets' unravels algo myths and highlights the opportunities for FCMs.
- SWIFT publishes capital markets report
1st October 2014 - New capital markets industry structure emerging - Oliver Wyman and SWIFT report finds market forces combine to disrupt the traditional value chain and force participants to adapt business models.
- Broadridge issues study: Operations power performance: Managing risk and delivering value
30th September 2014 - Broadridge, Economist Intelligence Unit study finds changes in regulation and market structure have led 77% of global financial institutions to alter their business models.
- India sentiment up, but employment outlook glum: MNI Indicators
3rd September 2014 - MNI India Consumer Indicator rises to 125.2 while employment outlook slumps to series low
- eVestment report: Sizing the 2013 Hedge Fund, FoHFs Universe
27th August 2014 - eVestment's Sizing the 2013 Hedge Fund and Fund of Hedge Fund Universe report offers industry perspective.
- MNI India Business Sentiment
21st August 2014 - MNI India Business Indicator falls to 68.4 in August from 70.0 in July. Business confidence remains firm.
- EDHEC-Risk 'Unlisted Infrastructure Debt Valuation and Performance Measurement' paper
1st August 2014 - EDHEC-Risk Institute releases valuation method for infrastructure debt and defines data collection needed.
- One-third of fund managers unprepared for 22nd July AIFMD deadline
16th July 2014 - Confluence survey finds 34% of AIFMs still unprepared to meet the AIFMD Transparency Reporting requirement. 28% of respondents believe AIFMs are still undecided and reviewing options. Almost a third of respondents feel regulatory burden is the single greatest challenge.
- KCG asks: Who Gets the Short End of the 'Tick?
16th July 2014 - In June the SEC released its directive for a new tick-size pilot for the market. KCG looks at the impact on the industry.
- Aite & SunGard research finds global asset managers' operations under pressure from diversification and data demands
14th July 2014 - Aite Group & SunGard Global asset management study 2014: Operations under pressure - The need to make data mean business.
- AIMA & EY survey finds uneven progress in AIFMD implementation
24th July 2013 - Joint study finds only 12 EU Member States have completed transposition to the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, with 'significant uncertainty' throughout.
- Market-making scheme helps Aussie ETF market, study finds
2nd July 2013 - Rebates have generated a lot of public discussion, but one study found that a scheme for market-making rebates in the Australian ETF market boosted liquidity.
- Australian study says trading venue competition has brought net benefits
25th June 2013 - An Australian academic centre said competition in the wake of Chi-X entering the local market produced net benefits even after taking account of costs associated with regulatory issues.
- RTS announces highlights of Automated Trader Magazine Global Trading Trends Survey
24th June 2013 - RTS Realtime Systems makes condensed special report of Automated Trader Magazine Global Trading Trends Survey available to clients
- New Broadridge report looks at $100T MBS trading market
18th June 2013 - Broadridge says growing pressure to enhance risk management driving modernization of $100 trillion MBS trading market
- Report highlights cost to the buy side in new era of swap trading
5th June 2013 - A study by Sapient Global Markets illustrated the cost of the central clearing mandate under Dodd-Frank.
- HFT's good, bad and ugly need a holistic approach, report says
24th April 2013 - Borrowing from Sergio Leone, GreySpark Partners have issued a report on high frequency trading called 'the good, the bad and the ugly', which looks at implementation of warning systems and circuit breakers.
- Bond trading structure undergoing transformation, GreySpark says
18th April 2013 - GreySpark Managing Partner Frederic Ponzo tells Automated Trader about research which shows the fixed income undergoing a big transformation.