Options Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- LCH's CDSClear launches credit index options clearing
19th December 2017 - CDSClear launches clearing of credit index options on the IHS Markit iTraxx Main 5Y and IHS Markit iTraxx Crossover 5Y indices
- Rival Systems rolls out new options algorithm design functionality
13th December 2017 - New tool improves control, flexibility and efficiency for advanced options strategies
- R.J. O'Brien becomes distributor of Fidessa workstation
11th December 2017 - R.J. O'Brien to distribute Fidessa's futures and options workstation to institutional clients
- CBOE Holdings announces plans to launch options on S&P Select Sector Indices
12th September 2017 - New index options enable investors to incorporate U.S. sector investing strategies into their portfolios
- Midclear selects GMEX Group to deliver Derivatives CCP for Lebanon
5th July 2017 - Midclear selects GMEX Group to support Middle East innovation and the Lebanese capital markets reinvigoration.
- Tower Trading Group selects OptionsCity for trading software and risk management services
24th May 2017 - OptionsCity continues European expansion as futures and options trading firms deploy software solutions.
- Two Sigma Securities to acquire the U.S. options-market-making business of Interactive Brokers
10th May 2017 - Two Sigma Securities to acquire the U.S. options-market-making business of Timber Hill, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group.
- QuantConnect announces open-source support for futures and options
3rd May 2017 - QuantConnect users can now backtest and live trade futures and options, in addition to equities, FX and derivatives.
- Sterling Trading Tech acquires Livevol X
21st March 2017 -
- Interactive Brokers to discontinue options market making business
9th March 2017 - Interactive Brokers phasing out options market making, will focus on building brokerage platform.
- WEX enhances options algorithm suite
1st February 2017 - Wolverine Execution Services adds Best-X options for spreads and new Vol and TWAP algorithms.
- Saxo Bank enhances options trading with new combination order ticket
30th November 2016 - Saxo Bank unveils tool for clients using multi-legged option strategies.
- CBOE launches Smile Index based on implied volatilities of S&P 500 Options
26th October 2016 - Strategy Index offers cues to derivatives investors seeking to enhance potential yields
- Convergex launches new options algo
12th October 2016 - Convergex Darkest options trading algorithm probes markets for hidden liquidity.
- DongXing selects Horizon for option trading
12th October 2016 -
- CBOE to launch options on FTSE Emerging Index
16th September 2016 - Chicago Board Options Exchange plans to launch options on the FTSE Emerging Index on September 26, 2016.
- Tullett Prebon & GMEX to develop FX options platform
9th August 2016 - Tullett Prebon & GMEX Group partner to deliver a hybrid FX options trading solution.
- Nasdaq sponsors FIA's Innovators Pavilion
5th August 2016 - Innovators Pavilion at FIA's Futures and Options Expo will showcase new technology. FinTech startups encouraged to apply.
- Bats to launch BAM options auctions
2nd August 2016 - Bats Global Markets plans to launch the Bats Auction Mechanism (BAM), new functionality to provide price improvement opportunities for orders sent to its EDGX Options Exchange.
- CBOE to broaden distribution of MSCI index data
1st August 2016 - The Chicago Board Options Exchange plans to broaden data distribution to investors who want to track and trade options on the MSCI Emerging Markets and MSCI EAFE Indexes.
- Thomson Reuters adds futures and options execution app for commodities traders in Eikon
19th July 2016 - Commodities traders can execute futures and options directly from Thomson Reuters Eikon using OptionsCity Software app.
- Wolverine joins TOM MTF
29th June 2016 - TOM MTF welcomes Wolverine Trading as a new member.
- Itiviti expands support of equity options markets
4th May 2016 - Itiviti adds ISE and PHLX to expand equity options market reach. Plans for connectivity to Bats.
- Algo-Logic Systems launches CME Futures & Options Order Book
30th April 2016 - CME Futures & Options Order Book achieves rapid processing and book building latency of less than 100ns.
- NYSE Amex Options launches ByRDS
21st April 2016 - NYSE Amex Options launches new options product - Binary Return Derivatives (ByRDs)
- Thomson Reuters deploys OptionsCity trade execution
15th March 2016 - OptionsCity to bring futures and options execution capabilities to Thomson Reuters' Eikon
- Broadridge and TTC enhance post trade processing for futures and options
15th March 2016 - Broadridge and Technancial deliver post-trade efficiencies for futures and options operations.
- TAIFEX receives SEC Class Relief for index, equity and ETF options
14th March 2016 - The Taiwan Futures Exchange successfully obtains class no-action relief status for its index options, equity options and ETF options from the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
- TABB Group - US futures, options on futures hit record volumes in 2015
10th March 2016 - US futures and options on futures volumes have doubled in the past 10 years. But not all of the trends in the markets have been positive, as the number of Futures Commission Merchants continued its steady decline and further consolidation looks likely. By Tom Lehrkinder, TABB Group.
- OTC Markets adds Options to provide real-time market data
21st December 2015 - OTC Markets Group adds Options as extranet provider of real-time market data.
- Prepare failed: (144) Table './ATStatistics/logger_ads_imp' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed