Association Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- FIA launches FIA Training for industry professionals
23rd October 2017 - FIA has announced the launch of FIA Training, a program of learning tools that cover topics such as market conduct and compliance
- Derivatives industry joins forces to launch Futuresfundamentals.org education resource
18th October 2017 - FIA, CME Group, NFA, The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM) and CME Group Foundation to support the formation of an online resource for derivatives education
- FIX Trading Community releases Recommended Practices for Best Execution Reporting
18th October 2017 - FIX Trading Community announces the final release of its Recommended Practices for Best Execution Reporting as required by MiFID II RTS 27 & 28
- ECB, ESMA and European Commission to create new risk-free overnight reference rate
24th September 2017 - Move follows the failure of the EMMI to replace EURIBOR
- FIA announces twenty FinTech startups chosen for Innovators Pavilion
22nd September 2017 - Twenty companies have been chosen to exhibit in the Innovators Pavilion at the 33rd Annual FIA Expo in Chicago October 17 - 19
- Japan and Abu Dhabi regulators complete FinTech framework
21st September 2017 - The Financial Services Agency of Japan and the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) have announced the completion of a framework for co-operation to promote innovation in financial services in Japan and ADGM
- SEC uncovers insider trading ring
17th August 2017 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has announced insider trading charges against seven individuals who traded on confidential information about dozens of impending mergers and acquisitions
- FIA: Last call for fintech startups!
10th August 2017 - FIA seeks innovators for Expo 2017
- ESMA updates MiFID II guidelines
9th August 2017 - ESMA updates MiFID II guidelines on transaction reporting, order record keeping and clock synchronisation
- Vela's Jennifer Nayar joins STANY Board
2nd August 2017 - Vela Trading Technologies's CEO Jennifer Nayar joins Board of Directors of the Security Traders Association of New York
- EdgeConneX becomes founding partner of Infrastructure Masons
27th July 2017 - Chief Architect and Vice President of Innovation, Phill Lawson-Shanks, joins iMasons Partner Advisory Council. ￼
- International RegTech Association launches
29th June 2017 - RegTech Association to support and establish the global RegTech ecosystem, and to promote innovation and collaboration.
- Global code of conduct sets out good FX market practice
25th May 2017 - Foreign Exchange Working Group publishes FX Global Code, a single global code for the wholesale foreign exchange market. Global Foreign Exchange Committee established to maintain the Code in the future.
- FXPA endorses Global Code for FX market
25th May 2017 - The Foreign Exchange Professionals Association (FXPA) welcomes the release of the Global Code for the wholesale foreign exchange market, which was published this morning in London.
- CFTC launches FinTech initiative-LabCFTC
18th May 2017 - The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) approves the creation of LabCFTC, a new initiative aimed at promoting responsible FinTech innovation.
- FCA and Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission sign FinTech agreement
12th May 2017 - UK's Financial Conduct Authority and Hong Kong's Securities and Futures Commission sign FinTech co-operation agreement
- Jay Clayton sworn in as Chairman of SEC
5th May 2017 - Jay Clayton becomes 32nd Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- FIA and FIA PTG oppose overly prescriptive regulation of automated trading
2nd May 2017 - FIA and FIA PTG respond to CFTC's supplemental notice of proposed rulemaking regarding Regulation AT.
- FCA publishes its Mission and Business Plan
18th April 2017 - The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published its Mission, which gives firms and consumers greater clarity about how the FCA prioritises its interventions in financial markets.
- ESMA publishes updated AIFMD and UCITS Q&As
7th April 2017 -
- ESMA issues final guidelines regarding circuit breakers under MiFID II
7th April 2017 -
- SEC adopts T+2 settlement cycle for securities transactions
22nd March 2017 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has adopted an amendment to shorten by one business day the standard settlement cycle for most broker-dealer securities transactions.
- New global FinTech group launched
14th March 2017 - The International Standards Organisation (ISO) launches The FinTech Technical Advisory Group (TAG) to drive data and technology standards.
- Japan and UK regulators exchange FinTech co-operation letters
9th March 2017 - Financial Regulators of Japan and UK announce exchange of letters on co-operation framework to support innovative FinTech companies.
- Niu Solutions partners with the BBA
9th March 2017 - Niu Solutions partners with the British Banking Association to help UK banks address compliance challenges.
- FIX Protocol adds extensions to meet MiFID II and MiFIR requirements
27th February 2017 - Enhancements to the FIX Protoco Extension Pack cover trade reporting requirements, venue waiver indicators, algorithm and trader IDs and short-sell marking.
- FIA statement on White House regulation review
6th February 2017 - FIA issues statement on regulatory review announced by White House.
- FIA requests review of all financial reform regulation
26th January 2017 - FIA president and CEO Walt Lukken sent an open letter to President Trump and key congressional and regulatory leaders calling for a comprehensive review of all financial reform regulation.
- FINRA names Gregory Dean as SVP, Government Affairs
20th January 2017 - Gregory Dean joins FINRA as Senior Vice President, Office of Government Affairs.