Association Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- FXPA hires John Shay as President
23rd January 2018 - The Foreign Exchange Professionals Association has appointed John Shay to the newly created role of President
- Australian Financial Markets Association launches FX Global Code Register
15th January 2018 - The Australian Financial Markets Association has launched a Public Register for Statements of Commitment to the FX Global Code by wholesale Australian foreign exchange market participants
- AFME comments on the coming into effect of MiFID 2
3rd January 2018 - Simon Lewis, Chief Executive at the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME), speaks on today's implementation of MiFID 2 and MiFIR
- FIA: The impact of a no-deal Brexit on the cleared derivatives industry
19th December 2017 - White paper to promote a better understanding of the impact of Brexit on cleared derivatives if no agreement is reached between the UK and EU27 prior to 29 March 2019
- IOSCO report provides new data on global hedge fund industry
24th November 2017 - Survey facilitates the regular collection and analysis of hedge fund data, enabling regulators to share information and observe trends regarding trading activities, leverage, liquidity management, markets and funding in the global hedge fund sector
- The World Federation of Exchanges publishes position paper on international regulatory dissonance
22nd November 2017 -
- FIA launches FIA Training for industry professionals
23rd October 2017 - FIA has announced the launch of FIA Training, a program of learning tools that cover topics such as market conduct and compliance
- Derivatives industry joins forces to launch Futuresfundamentals.org education resource
18th October 2017 - FIA, CME Group, NFA, The Institute for Financial Markets (IFM) and CME Group Foundation to support the formation of an online resource for derivatives education
- FIX Trading Community releases Recommended Practices for Best Execution Reporting
18th October 2017 - FIX Trading Community announces the final release of its Recommended Practices for Best Execution Reporting as required by MiFID II RTS 27 & 28
- ECB, ESMA and European Commission to create new risk-free overnight reference rate
24th September 2017 - Move follows the failure of the EMMI to replace EURIBOR
- FIA announces twenty FinTech startups chosen for Innovators Pavilion
22nd September 2017 - Twenty companies have been chosen to exhibit in the Innovators Pavilion at the 33rd Annual FIA Expo in Chicago October 17 - 19
- Japan and Abu Dhabi regulators complete FinTech framework
21st September 2017 - The Financial Services Agency of Japan and the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) have announced the completion of a framework for co-operation to promote innovation in financial services in Japan and ADGM
- SEC uncovers insider trading ring
17th August 2017 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has announced insider trading charges against seven individuals who traded on confidential information about dozens of impending mergers and acquisitions
- FIA: Last call for fintech startups!
10th August 2017 - FIA seeks innovators for Expo 2017
- ESMA updates MiFID II guidelines
9th August 2017 - ESMA updates MiFID II guidelines on transaction reporting, order record keeping and clock synchronisation
- Vela's Jennifer Nayar joins STANY Board
2nd August 2017 - Vela Trading Technologies's CEO Jennifer Nayar joins Board of Directors of the Security Traders Association of New York
- EdgeConneX becomes founding partner of Infrastructure Masons
27th July 2017 - Chief Architect and Vice President of Innovation, Phill Lawson-Shanks, joins iMasons Partner Advisory Council. ￼
- International RegTech Association launches
29th June 2017 - RegTech Association to support and establish the global RegTech ecosystem, and to promote innovation and collaboration.
- Global code of conduct sets out good FX market practice
25th May 2017 - Foreign Exchange Working Group publishes FX Global Code, a single global code for the wholesale foreign exchange market. Global Foreign Exchange Committee established to maintain the Code in the future.
- FXPA endorses Global Code for FX market
25th May 2017 - The Foreign Exchange Professionals Association (FXPA) welcomes the release of the Global Code for the wholesale foreign exchange market, which was published this morning in London.
- CFTC launches FinTech initiative-LabCFTC
18th May 2017 - The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) approves the creation of LabCFTC, a new initiative aimed at promoting responsible FinTech innovation.
- FCA and Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission sign FinTech agreement
12th May 2017 - UK's Financial Conduct Authority and Hong Kong's Securities and Futures Commission sign FinTech co-operation agreement
- Jay Clayton sworn in as Chairman of SEC
5th May 2017 - Jay Clayton becomes 32nd Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- FIA and FIA PTG oppose overly prescriptive regulation of automated trading
2nd May 2017 - FIA and FIA PTG respond to CFTC's supplemental notice of proposed rulemaking regarding Regulation AT.
- FCA publishes its Mission and Business Plan
18th April 2017 - The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published its Mission, which gives firms and consumers greater clarity about how the FCA prioritises its interventions in financial markets.
- ESMA publishes updated AIFMD and UCITS Q&As
7th April 2017 -
- ESMA issues final guidelines regarding circuit breakers under MiFID II
7th April 2017 -
- SEC adopts T+2 settlement cycle for securities transactions
22nd March 2017 - The Securities and Exchange Commission has adopted an amendment to shorten by one business day the standard settlement cycle for most broker-dealer securities transactions.
- Prepare failed: (144) Table './ATStatistics/logger_ads_imp' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed