Proprietary Trading Firms Financial Trading Industry News, Articles & Insight
- Automated Trader talks to Pavel Vidov, head of trading at Intrast
24th March 2015 - Automated Trader talks to Pavel Vidov, head of trading for Russian proprietary trading firm Intrast, founded in 1992.
- DRW Trading to acquire Chopper Trading
14th January 2015 - DRW Trading Group to buy the assets of Chopper Trading.
- Volcker Rule to take centre stage in US
8th January 2015 - Implementation of Dodd-Frank reforms aimed at curbing prop trading by commercial banks are expected to become one of the biggest US regulatory topics of the year.
- Okasan Securities selects Fidessa SOR for PTS trading
5th January 2015 - Okasan Securities chooses Fidessa's smart order routing system to enable PTS in Japan.
- India calling liquidity: HFTs need apply
7th July 2014 - With investor optimism in India on the rise, the Bombay Stock Exchange is coming out full force to attract foreign liquidity with a little help from its friends.
- Spot Trading elevates three to partner
3rd April 2014 - Spot Trading adds McInerney, Penley and Nakagawa to partnership.
- The accidental quant
20th February 2014 - Ernie Chan says it was not by design but by chance that he ended up in the market. As accidents go, it turned out to be a happy one. A theoretical physicist by training, he's also that rarest of traders who likes to talk openly about his ideas rather than keeping them secret. Ernie tells Automated Trader Editor Adam Cox about his research into mean reversion and momentum strategies and his journey from science to finance.
- RSJ chooses Kx to support algo trading
22nd May 2013 - Czech derivatives trading group RSJ chose Kx for its algo trading.
- Jump Trading to set up dark pool trading team in London, source says
13th May 2013 - Jump Trading wants to take advantage of opportunities for equities dark pool trading, a source tells Automated Trader
13th May 2013 - Alan Turing once famously posed the question of whether machines could think. Applied to today's ultra-competitive markets, the question becomes, can machines think well enough to make money? Anna Reitman reports on what some of the players using artificial intelligence-based systems have to say.
- Running man: HTG's Chris Hehmeyer
24th April 2013 - It seems somehow fitting that Chris Hehmeyer got his start as a runner on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade. That was in 1978 and over the next 35 years he has kept on running. Hehmeyer now runs HTG, a company that embraces all manner of traders. When he's not doing that, he also serves as the chairman of the National Futures Association. Automated Trader caught up with him to hear his thoughts on the value of diversity and what he thinks of some of the impending changes in the marketplace.
- Optiver implements OneTick throughout APAC region
18th April 2013 - OneTick to support building, testing and running quantitative models for proprietary trading firm
- Gaining a foothold in FX
19th February 2013 - Adam Cox reports on the continuing appeal of the massive foreign exchange market for funds, brokers and vendors alike.
- Six big questions for a Russian investment fund
23rd January 2013 - As part of its focus on Russia, Automated Trader spoke to Konstantin Khlebalin, head of the trading department at proprietary trading group Infina, about what kind of algorithmic trading his firm does.
- Cuttone & Company Names Banc of America Securities Executive as New Director of Sales for Prime Brokerage and Electronic Trading
29th July 2018 - Cuttone & Company names Bret Goldin as Senior Vice President and Director of Sales for Prime Brokerage Services and Electronic Trading
- Smart Trade's Transaction Platform (STTP) Selected by the Caisse Nationale des Caisses d'Epargne for Money Market Instruments
8th July 2008 - STTP Delivers Electronic Trading Service that Sources Liquidity from CNCE's Internal Pricing Engines and Distributes Liquidity to 17 Caisses d'Epargne
- Sanford C. Bernstein algorithmic suite now integrated into Fidessa LatentZero EMS Workstation
8th July 2008 - Fidessa LatentZero announces that it has incorporated direct access to Sanford C. Bernstein's algorithms into its standalone EMS Workstation
- OnePipe™ Optimal Liquidity Management System Launches Enhanced Anti-Gaming Logic
8th July 2008 - Weeden & Co. and Pragma Financial Systems, LLC, announce the release of OnePipe Lifeguard™
- Pipeline rolls out FIX and FAST with Onix Solutions
2nd July 2008 - Onix Solutions has announced that Pipeline Trading Systems has commenced the roll out of both FIX trading and FAST marketdata suppost in conjunction with Onix Solutions
- Paremus and EsperTech partner to deliver OSGi™-based Distributed, Scalable, Resilient Event-Driven Architectures
10th June 2008 - Driven Architectures (EDA) with enhanced resilience. Esper is a lightweight multi-platform open source ESP/CEP engine designed for high volume real-time event stream and correlation processing where storing data in traditional databases for later querying is not a business option nor technically possible.
- Gemstone Systems releases Gemstone Enterprise 5.1
10th June 2008 - performance, enterprise data fabric (EDF). The new GemFire Enterprise 5.1 release serves as a distributed operational data management infrastructure that sits between clustered application processes and back-end data sources to provide very low-latency, predictable, high-throughput data sharing and event distribution.
- FlexTRADER Connects to BIDS Trading; Broker-Neutral EMS Provides Clients with Access to BIDS Liquidity Pool
19th September 2007 - BIDS Trading and FlexTrade Systems have announced the connection of the FlexTRADER trading platform to the BIDS ATS. FlexTRADER is the first broker-neutral execution management system to allow buy-side firms direct access to the BIDS ATS.
- RTS offers access to NYBOT products
10th June 2008 -
- Barclays Capital joins Fidessa?s global broker network
10th July 2009 -
- Gissing Software Launches Gissing Contex Express
10th July 2009 -